1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon QoL Edition - ROM Hack

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Ryan, Nov 24, 2017.

1. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    Hey, guys! After playing through USUM, I decided to make a ROM Hack. Initially, this was for personal use, but I figured I might as well put it out there for anyone else to try out. There were some issues I had with the game that were easily fixable, so I fixed them to help me enjoy Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon more.

As this was for personal use, most of these changes are tailored to my tastes. Not everyone will like or agree with them.

Download at the bottom of the post.

Installation
    • Your 3DS or 2DS MUST be running custom firmware (CFW). This hack is completely reliant on Luma3DS' game patching feature - make sure this option is enabled in your settings. To learn how to hack your console, please review this guide (do not follow a video guide).
    • Download and extract QoLUS.zip or QoLUM.zip - this is dependent on your version.
    • Remove your SD card from your console, and put it in your computer.
    • On your SD card, navigate to /luma/titles
    • Drag the folder you extracted from QoLUS.zip or QoLUM.zip into this directory.
    • Eject your SD card and put it back in your console.
    • Make sure game patching is enabled in luma3ds.
    • Boot the game and check a shop to see if the hack worked.

Changes
    Shops:
    • All Apricorn Balls can be purchased for P1000 from the Hau'oli City Pokemart. This will probably be the most controversial change - if you don't like it, that's fine. I might release a version without this change if requested.
    • Shops will now stock Ether, Full Heal (replaces all the other status healing items), Honey, Adrenaline Orbs, Oran Berries, and Max Repels from the start. Max repels have had their price set to P200 and will replace all other levels of Repel. As you progress, Lum & Leppa berries will be unlocked, followed by Heart Scales and White Herbs.
    • The Pokéball clerk in the Thrifty Megamart will sell Premier Balls for P200.
    • The Misc. clerk in the Thrifty Megamart now sells stat-boosting feathers for P300 each and PP Up for P10,000 each.
    • The Lanakila Pokemart will sell:
      - Dawn Stone
      - Dusk Stone
      - Ice Stone
      - Moon Stone
      - Shiny Stone
      - Sun Stone
      - Razor Claw
      - Razor Fang
    • The Ether item sold by the Mantine Surf shop has been replaced by PP Up, available for 4 BP each. PP Up's old spot has been replaced with PP Max, for 48 BP each (may bring down to 16).
    Evolutions:
    Not everyone has access to reliable Wi-Fi, and not everyone likes trade evolutions. I've added an alternate means of evolution to every species that required a trade evolution. Here are the additional methods:
    • Poliwhirl -> Politoed: Level up while holding King's Rock
    • Kadabra -> Alakazam: Level up (Level 36)
    • Slowpoke -> Slowking: Level up while holding King's Rock
    • Machoke -> Machamp: Level up (Level 36)
    • Graveler -> Golem: Level up (Level 36)
    • Alolan Graveler -> Alolan Golem: Level up (Level 36)
    • Haunter -> Gengar: Level up (Level 36)
    • Onix -> Steelix: Level up while holding Metal Coat
    • Rhydon -> Rhyperior: Level up while holding Protector
    • Seadra -> Kingdra: Level up while holding Dragon Scale
    • Scyther -> Scizor: Level up while holding Metal Coat
    • Electabuzz -> Electivire: Level up while holding Electrizer
    • Magmar -> Magmortar: Level up while holding Magmarizer
    • Electabuzz -> Electivire: Level up while holding Electrizer
    • Porygon -> Porygon2: Level up while holding Up-Grade
    • Porygon2 -> Porygon-Z: Level up while holding Dubious Disc
    • Feebas -> Milotic: Level up while holding Prism Scale
    • Dusclops -> Dusknoir: Level up while holding Reaper Cloth
    • Clamperl -> Gorebyss: Level up while holding Deep Sea Tooth at day
    • Clamperl -> Huntail: Level up while holding Deep Sea Tooth at night
    • Karrablast -> Escavalier: Level up while holding Metal Coat
    • Shelmet -> Accelgor: Level up while holding Shed Shell
    You can still evolve these Pokémon by trading, but you can also use the alternate methods.

Misc. Changes:
    • Alolan Marowak now learns Shadow Bone on evolution (really, Gamefreak?).
    • Popplio now has a much greater chance to be female than male. Other starters may be adjusted to be 50/50.
    • Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience.

Update Changelog
    11/25/2017:
    • Reverted vitamin prices, as it indirectly ruined a money making method where you could buy vitamins with BP and resell at 5000 each.
    11/27/2017:
    • Fixed Zinc's price - forgot to change it to default.
    • Changed all trade evolution methods - you now need to level the Pokémon up while holding the item, instead of using it.
    • Fixed an error I made during testing where one of the shops had berries instead of X attacks.
    • Swapped the Air Balloon with Heart Scales and the Focus Sash with White Herb (for the Pokemart, after the sixth trial)
    11/28/2017:
    • Gave Popplio a much higher chance to be female (lower chance to be male than female)
    • Fixed the missing file that would allow Alolan Marowak to learn Shadow Bone on evolution (oops)
    12/6/2017
    • Replaced Lanakila Pokemart's X Items with some evolutionary items, at 10,000P each:
      Dawn Stone, Dusk Stone, Ice Stone, Moon Stone, Shiny Stone, Sun Stone, Razor Claw, Razor Fang
    12/17/2017
    • All starters (beside Popplio), all fossil Pokémon (excluding Relicanth), and Eevee and its evolutions now have a gender ratio of Male 50%/Female 50%. Popplio has a gender ratio of Male 11.9%/Female 88.1%.

Enjoy, and if you have any questions or problems let me know.

Attached Files:

#1 Nov 24, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
    AeroHail likes this.
  2. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    11/27/2017:
    • Fixed Zinc's price - forgot to change it to default.
    • Changed all trade evolution methods - you now need to level the Pokémon up while holding the item, instead of using it.
    • Fixed an error I made during testing where one of the shops had berries instead of X attacks.
    • Swapped the Air Balloon with Heart Scales and the Focus Sash with White Herb (for the Pokemart, after the sixth trial)

#2 Nov 27, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  3. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    11/28/2017:
    • Gave Popplio a much higher chance to be female (lower chance to be male than female)
    • Fixed the missing file that would allow Alolan Marowak to learn Shadow Bone on evolution (oops)

4. Jordi

Jordi School Kid

(Lugia Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11.8
    How different is it to the original?

5. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    Everything beside the listed changes is exactly the same - it's just a bunch of personal quality of life changes/bug fixes (Marowak's Shadow Bone) I made.

6. TheRowletLover

TheRowletLover Bug Catcher

What
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 4
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10.8
    SO the rom hack is on the 3ds

7. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    Yeah, 3DS only. I'm sure it could work on Citra somehow; however, I have no knowledge on that unfortunately.

8. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    12/6/2017
    • Replaced Lanakila Pokemart's X Items with some evolutionary items, at 10,000P each:
      Dawn Stone, Dusk Stone, Ice Stone, Moon Stone, Shiny Stone, Sun Stone, Razor Claw, Razor Fang

9. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    12/16/2017
    • The patch should now function normally on the newest update. Please notify me if this is not the case.

AeroHail likes this.
  10. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    12/17/2017
    • All starters (beside Popplio), all fossil Pokémon (excluding Relicanth), and Eevee and its evolutions now have a gender ratio of Male 50%/Female 50%. Popplio has a gender ratio of Male 11.9%/Female 88.1%.