1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gameplay Journal UNBREAKABLE: Mandriel's Diamond Nuzlocke (complete)

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Mandriel, Jul 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Another update:

Everybody is level 50 except Chino, who's 49. *Heavy breathing* We can do this...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    I'm sure the worse is almost over! :) I can't wait to see how powerful my children are going to be after all of this...

Wings likes this.
  3. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Ok, so my first bout of grinding is done! I got everybody up to level 50, fought my way through Victory Road and reached the Pokémon League! Then I turned back to do more training.

Everybody's at level 52, except Dash, who's 51. I currently have 6 rare candies, but I want to save them for right before the Elite Four. I still have yet to challenge my rival one last time, but I'll do that later.

I have lots of Leppa Berries and still no Shuca Berries.

Wings likes this.
  4. Wings

Static
    (Shinx)
    Level 100
    PokéPoints:
    ₽677.2
    Well done! Who would've though that grinding was easier than just finding a few berries...is there anyway you can get on from the berry man who hands out random berries in Floaroma town?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    I never saw that coming :P

Nope, the only way I can get one is by talking to the Aroma Lady in Pastoria City each day for a chance of getting one. That or there's a 5% chance a wild ponyta is holding one, but the latter option is out of the question in this game since I've already caught Dash. So it basically just comes down to a 1/17 chance that I'll get one each day.

6. Wings

Static
    (Shinx)
    Level 100
    PokéPoints:
    ₽677.2
    That's pretty awful, at least you'll get in some grinding in between days that you don't get the Shuca Berry!

7. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    I keep wondering if it's possible that by the time I finally get one, my Pokémon would be strong enough that they wouldn't even need it...

8. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    I haven't had much time to train lately due to exams and assignments. But here's a quick update on how my buddies are doing:

Bing Bing - Level 59 (very proud of my strong boy)
    Mimie - Level 56 (she's doing great. The only Pokémon she has any trouble with is steelix and its Crunch attack, but she's not dead yet :D)
    Flappy - Level 55 (he's getting steadily stronger. Incredibly proud of how far he's come in such a short amount of time)
    Dash - Level 55 (having some trouble, but he's still doing good)
    Kit - Level 54 (kind of hard to level up as none of her attacks are super effective against the wild Pokémon, but she's getting stronger nonetheless)
    Chino - Level 54 (this little guy is doing great. He's still a little slow, but I'm still proud of him)

Most of them have reached that point where they need so much EXP to level up that the wild Pokémon are hardly doing anything. I'm considering challenging my rival soon so that I can get some decent EXP.

Also, I finally got that Shuca Berry! Heck yeah!

Wings likes this.
  9. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    Ooooooo, you look like you're doing pretty good so far! Good luck on the rest of your nuzlocke; you're always gonna need it ;)

10. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Thanks! I'm starting to get super protective of each of my Pokémon. I'm so scared I might slip up while grinding and get one of them killed T_T

11. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    Yeah, I don't blame you for that. You've gotten really far now, so one little slip up could cost a lot. I remember I've made a couple of mistakes like that, and it's not fun at all qwq
    But as long as you aren't half asleep while doing more of your nuzlocke, I don't think it would be too bad XD

Mandriel likes this.
  12. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    I had a little more time to train this week. Everyone except Kit is doing great, but she's trying nonetheless.

Bing Bing - Lv 61
    Flappy - Lv 60
    Dash - Lv 59
    Chino - Lv 58
    Mimie - Lv 58
    Kit - Lv 57

I'm growing more of those Shuca Berries, yeaaaaaaaaaah!

What I really want to know is how these wild Pokémon can do so much damage to my team when they're all 10-15 levels lower than my own Pokémon. You'd think they'd barely be able to do any damage, but noooooo.

#52 Sep 1, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
    Wings likes this.
  13. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Bing Bing - 61
    Dash - 61
    Mimie - 60
    Flappy - 60
    Chino - 59
    Kit - 58

Uggghhhhhhhhhhh, almost there.............

14. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Bing Bing - 61
    Dash - 61
    Mimie - 61
    Flappy - 60
    Chino - 60
    Kit - 59

Come on, Kit... We're almost there...

I'm going to try and get my entire team up to Level 61 before I challenge my rival. Then, we'll do some more grinding until everyone's around Level 65, as Cynthia's strongest Pokémon is going to be Level 66.

15. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Ok, so everyone is at level 61 except Kit, who's Level 60. Yeah, I couldn't wait to challenge my rival.

Chino one-shotted his Staraptor with Thunderbolt.
    He then sent out his Torterra, who Flappy was able to knock down to red health with Fly. Flappy took some damage from Leaf Storm, but KOed it on the next turn with Aerial Ace.
    Snorlax was the most painful Pokémon of his to fight. Mimie was able to do a considerable amount of damage with Grass Knot, but it would always heal itself with Rest right before she could land the finishing blow. I was finally able to beat it though, after much pain and suffering.
    Heracross wasn't any trouble, Flappy OHKOed it with Fly.
    Kit was able to beat Floatzel just fine. She lost a bit of HP to its Brick Break, but was able to pull through in the end.
    I initially tried to fight his Rapidash with Kit, but she was almost defeated by a combination of Will-o-Wisp, Sunny Day and Fire Blast. I swapped her out before she could be killed and used Bing Bing to finish the battle.

So now that that's over, I'm going to go back to level grinding. Yaaay. On the plus side, we're almost strong enough to challenge the Elite Four! Yaaaaaaay! Now all I have to do is grind everyone up to 65-70 (I've got a few Rare Candies, so some time will be saved) and make sure everybody's got good moves and we'll be ready! :D

Wings likes this.
  16. Wings

Static
    (Shinx)
    Level 100
    PokéPoints:
    ₽677.2
    Sounds like you've been doing some tough work! I have no idea why I wasn't alerted when this thread posted, but it looks like I missed a lot of updates T_T

Kit seems kind of like the underdog (or the weakest I guess) so I'm rooting for her to pull through and do really good work at the Elite Four!

17. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    There there :P Though you haven't missed too much. Mostly just me training and lamenting on how long everything is taking.

Yeah, Kit is the weakest on my team at the moment, though that's mostly because most of the Pokémon on Victory Road resist her attacks, so it's harder to grind her. She's definitely going to be performing much better when I send her out against Lucian's psychic Pokémon!

Wings likes this.
  18. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Ok guys, this is it! Everybody's ready! I'm gonna do it, I'm going to challenge the Elite Four! ... Sometime soon.

But still, this will be my final update before I challenge the Elite Four. I was scared to stop training, but pretty much everyone on my team is at a perfect level. I guess a few of them could do with better moves, but I'm confident that we've got everything we need. I'm currently standing in Aaron's room. Every battle against each member of the Elite Four will be written as it happens, so I guess it'll sort of be live?

Anyway, without further ado, here is the amazing team that has survived the Nuzlocke so far!

Bing Bing: Stoic Leader
    Level - 70
    Nature - Hasty
    Ability - Torrent
    Moves - Surf, Waterfall, Flash Cannon, Ice Beam

Mimie: Perverted Fairy Child
    Level - 68
    Nature - Modest
    Ability - Soundproof
    Moves - Grass Knot, Magical Leaf, Psychic, Recycle
    [I still can't get a sprite of a Mr Mime, so it looks like she's going to have to miss out ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ]

Flappy: Cool Best Friend
    Level - 67
    Nature - Adamant
    Ability - Intimidate
    Moves - Fly, Aerial Ace, Close Combat, Quick Attack

Dash: The Heart of the Group
    Level - 66
    Nature - Naughty
    Ability - Flash Fire
    Moves - Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Megahorn, Stomp

Kit: Made of Witty One-Liners
    Level - 65
    Nature - Bold
    Ability - Stench
    Moves - Toxic, Slash, Night Slash, Flamethrower

Chino: Will Hug You
    Level - 63
    Nature - Docile
    Ability - Static
    Moves - Thunderbolt, Strength, Quick Attack, Rock Smash

Power-Boosting Items:
    Mystic Water
    Magnet
    Miracle Seed
    Flame Plate
    Icicle Plate

HP Restore:
    Potion (x50)
    Super Potion (x49)
    Hyper Potion (x50)
    Full Heal (x50)
    Full Restore (x25)
    Max Potion (x6)

PP Restore:
    Ether (x3)
    Max Ether (x1)
    Elixir (x2)
    Max Elixir (x3)

Berries:
    Leppa Berry (x30)
    Persim Berry (x4)
    Sitrus Berry (x3)
    Shuca Berry (x12)
    Charti Berry (x5)

Thinking back, I probably should have tried to find some kind of plate that'll boost dark-type moves for Kit to hold. And it wouldn't have hurt to have grown some more Persim and Sitrus Berries. Ah well, it's too late now.

Tune in next time for my epic battle against Aaron! Judging by the fact that both Flappy and Dash are in their late 60s, this will probably not end well for him...

19. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    First, we battle Aaron! The first bug-type Elite Four member! The guy with great hair! I give Dash a Flame Plate and put him up the front of my party. Let's see how this goes down!

Aaron's first Pokémon was Dustox. Dash uses Flamethrower. One-hit KO!
    Next, he sends out Vespiquen. Dash uses Flamethrower. One-hit KO!
    Then he sends out Heracross. Dash uses Flamethrower. One-hit KO!
    And then he sends out Drapion. Dash uses Fire Blast. It brings the Drapion down to red health and its Sitrus Berry heals it a little. Dash uses Flamethrower on his next turn, knocking it out.
    Aaron sends out Beautifly. Dash uses Flamethrower and once more, it's a one-hit KO.

Well, that was a little easier than I had initially anticipated. But I can't let my guard down just yet, there are still four more trainers to go. One trains ground types which are super effective against more than half of my team, one has a surprisingly diverse team for an Elite Four member, and one I have never been able to defeat on my first attempt. And then I'll have to battle Cynthia.

Anyway, I'll challenge Bertha later. Until next time!

Wings likes this.
  20. Wings

Static
    (Shinx)
    Level 100
    PokéPoints:
    ₽677.2
    Sounds like you're doing really well! Lucian was my hardest E4 member to beat, so good luck against him!