1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Original Unbreakable

Discussion in 'Literature Library' started by SnakeWrangler, Mar 24, 2019.

1. SnakeWrangler

YEET
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽42.0
    So a while ago, heavily inspired by the fantastic work Hunter X Hunter, I decided to start writing a shounen-esque story of my own original creation. I have a bit of a buffer but honestly, my time for writing comes and goes, and so will the updates for this!

Sometimes it do be like that, or something.

This is Unbreakable, the story of Evelyn ("Eve" for short) - a girl trying to fill the footsteps of her father in a world full of monsters.

I'd rate this work as 16+ for violence, language, light adult themes. Obviously not every update will have that but you know what I mean.

“Come on, is that all you got?”

The 14 year-old girl taunted her assailants through clenched teeth, panting heavily but standing firm. Despite being battered all over, her fists were raised in defiance to the two ruffians that sought to teach the young boy behind her a lesson.

One of the attackers shouted at the girl in annoyance. “Seriously? This isn’t even your business! Last chance for you to butt out before you really regret it!” He emphasized this by cracking his knuckles.

“This kid thinks he can disrespect us, and we’re just letting him know that won’t fly ‘round here! What’s wrong with that?” the second attacker added. “Standing up for him like this will just make it even more painful for the both of you!”

The girl looked back at the boy, who couldn’t have been more than a year younger than her. His fragile figure looked like it could blown away by the wind at any minute. He sat crouched, arms around his legs, quivering in fear. Backed up against an alley by two men twice his size… Who could blame him for being scared?

The girl turned back at the street urchins and shook her head, wiping away blood from the corner of her mouth. She re-adjusted her handwraps. “Look, you really think this kid is worth roughing up? Why don’t you pick on someone your own sizes, you lowlifes!”

The second assailant narrowed his eyes and snarled. “Alright, girl, that’s it! We were gonna let you off the hook with your current state, but now…” He made a fist and put it to his palm, making his intentions very clear. His companion followed suit. “I hope the both of you are ready for a beatdown!”

“Heh.” The girl smirked, not letting her demeanor falter in front of the two men. Her chances of actually beating the both of them were slim, but… As long as she could keep the boy safe, it would be worth it. She anchored her weight in a defensive stance, readying herself for the incoming fight.

The cramped alleyway was both a blessing and a curse for the girl. It made difficult to maneuver, but it also prevented the two thugs from attacking at the same time.

One stepped up, fist pulled behind his head in preparation for a massive opening punch. His windup, however, clearly telegraphed his attack, making it easy for the girl to sidestep. The thug, having thrown his weight into the punch, was leaning forward off balance; the girl punished his mistake with a swift uppercut to his chest, leaving him gasping intensely for breath. She refocused on the second, only to catch a fist with her jaw; he had already closed the gap while she was dealing with the first.

The sudden blow made the girl’s ears ring. Dazed, she stumbled and leaned against the wall, desperate to get any moment to recuperate. Her vision was momentarily blurry, but in her brief haze she could see her attacker snidely cackle; he seemed confident that he had gained the upper hand with his last attack.

Her eyes refocused. Well, it was time to prove him wrong.

The girl feigned struggling to regain her composure as the man closed in, evidently seeking a finishing blow. He took his time closing in, savoring the sight of his opponent struggling. This gave the girl all the more time to plan. A swift kick to his gut, followed by a hook to his overconfident mug…

Yeah, let’s do this.

The thug closed in, meticulously cracking his knuckles one by one in an effort to appear more threatening. Eventually, he got close enough.

The plan went into action. The girl exploded out of her supposed stupor. She launched swift kick to the man’s stomach, his eyes bulging in surprise. A left hook to the jaw, much like the girl had suffered, followed suit. He was unsteady, but still standing. To finish the takedown, the girl brought her arm to his face while launching a kick to his legs, sweeping him to the ground. The thug landed with a thud, groaning in pain.

Before she had time to celebrate, however, she found herself grabbed from behind. The first man had recovered faster than expected, and now held her in a vicegrip of a hug. His companion spat blood as he got up, eyes burning with rage. “Now you’ve done it.”

The girl felt panic begin to set in. This was bad. Normally, even if someone’s bigger than me, I can outmaneuver them…

But the bear hug gave her no room to maneuver. She had taken beatings before, but this… This was a level far beyond that of the fighting dojo. The man before her looked more than ready to hurt her far worse than any sparring partner.

She shut her eyes and braced herself for the blows.

They never came. She opened her eyes to see what caused him to stop.

“Ah, shit… Maurice, we gotta go.”

The man holding her, evidently named Maurice, piped up. “Huh? Why? We were just getting to the good part.”

The other man shook his head. “I know. But I hear guards… And lots of them. They’re close. Someone must have -”

He cut himself off as he noticed something was wrong behind Maurice.

“The kid’s gone, too.”

The girl perked up. Was he really…?

Maurice’s rising irritation resulted in a tighter hold on the girl as he tensed. He looked back to confirm it himself. “What? HOW? You didn’t let him escape or somethin’, right, Jauhn?”

The other man, apparently Jauhn, shook his head. “Must’ve run while we weren’t lookin’. As I remember, though, you’re the one with the souped-up vision…” He shook his head. “Whatever. But I’m tellin’ you, we have to run, NOW. We’ll just have to track him down later.”

Track him? Weren’t they just planning to beat on him for disrespect or something…?”

Her thoughts were cut short as she was slammed to the ground. Jauhn snarled at her she she recoiled on the ground in pain. “This isn’t over. Don’t think we’ll forget you butting your pretty little head into our business.”

With that last threat, Jauhn and Maurice tore out of the alleyway. The girl could hear the distant shouting of guards. She lay on the ground, feeling a mix of exhaustion and pain fully hit her. She rubbed her jaw where she had been punched.

...Ah, dammit, that’s gonna bruise in the morning.

Maybe if I just… close my eyes for a bit...

She closed her eyes and passed out.

Just keeping this work on forums for now but maybe, eventually, it'll branch out.

Feel free to comment or lurk! Anything is welcome, really.

Momo Kiseki, Bug, Rezna and 1 other person like this.
  2. Momo Kiseki

Riolu
    (Riolu)
    Level 30
    PokéPoints:
    ₽847.5
    Big Nugget ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Icy Rock ★★★
    That was really great to read! Nice job!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...