1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Underrated Anime

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Sanctuary, Sep 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sanctuary

Odd Egg (S)
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽94.1
    There's always that 1 anime that just doesn't get enough recognition. Or maybe even multiple anime.
    It could be that they're not watched enough by people, or that it gets lower reviews than it deserves, or people just aren't appreciating it enough as a whole (in your opinion).
    Sometimes you'll find an anime you really did thoroughly enjoy and you'll ask a bunch of your friends if they've ever watched it before and they'll tell you they've never even heard of it.

To you, what are some of the most underrated anime out there that you've watched? And why do you feel like it's underrated?
    Currently I have 2 in mind. Those 2 would be:
    1) Kokoro Connect
    2) Ano Natsu de Matteru

As to why I feel like they're underrated, it's simply because not a lot of people (that I know, at least) have watched or heard of either of these.
    Personally, I really loved the stories to both of them. Kokoro Connect was really interesting to watch, especially because of the really mysterious character in it named "Heartseed". His purpose is never really explained it, nor was where he came from explained, so it keeps you wondering what he's doing there.
    As for Ano Natsu de Matteru, I also enjoyed it a great load. I feel like it needs more recognition, is all. I know a lot of people overall have watched it of course, but like I said, pretty much no one I know of personally has watched it. :P

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Sachi-Shimazu

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.8
    I think a very underrated anime is Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis. Any time I mentioned it, because it was coming out during the second half of AoT, everyone assumed "you're talking about Shingeki no Kyojin, right?" It had a very similar name to AoT's Japanese name, so a lot of people didn't even notice it. However, IMO, SnB is better. A lot of people haven't really heard of it, but it's like an expansive D&D session with elements of Thieves Town dungeon from LOZ: A Link to the Past (specifically about the final boss).

The show starts out with a very Pirates of the Carribean-esque fight scene on top of a water wheel with the main character who sports a crossbow and an afro. If that isn't enough to capture your interest, WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU then the goofiness of the MC should. It might feel like a generic fantasy anime at first, but the characters are rather unique, it seriously feels like a D&D session, and the more I look at Chaos Dragon, which was a D&D or something, and compare it to this, SnB:G feels more unique and D&D like than Chaos Dragon.

It's just a fun anime with an absolute Tearjearker ending.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Rafael

Rafael Math Geek

Odd Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,073.8
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★
    I agree with Ano Natsu de Matteru. Barely anyone I've asked has heard of it.

I also want to mention Nagi no Asukara. It's an anime not many people know either. I have tried making my friends watch it but most of them dropped it after the first few episodes. I had to force them to watch the next few episodes when the show started getting more interesting and they all liked it!

Sanctuary likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.