1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Unpopular Opinions

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Skittle, Jan 19, 2017.

1. RarepairQueenJeanne

PokéPoints:
    ₽58.7
    1) Everything about the kalos series is bo-ring and unwatchable
    2) Brendan is better than Drew and Calem is better than Ash
    3) If they're not going to put Hau in the anime then it's going to suck.
    4) Gens 1-5 are the only good series of the anime.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    I wholeheartedly agree with your first point. If you've seen me on Serebii (btw I've seen you before on SPPf, so hello!) you know how much I hate Ash in Kalos with what I call it, his "Bad*ss smirk of no emotion".

Might as well drop some more (there is a mild spoiler so I'll put these in a spoiler tag for those who haven't seen SM12:
    ~ I like the S/M style
    ~ I was really happy when Team Rocket beat Ash in SM12
    ~ The slapstick in S/M is actually really funny
    ~ Lillie is a better PokeGirl than Serena
    ~ I know I said this before, but please no Serena return episode

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Shayminlover123

Aria
    (Sneasel)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽724.4
    1. 5th Gen was an amazing Gen. I don't see why it got so much hate.

2. I actually like the anime of B/W and I miss Iris and Cilan even though Cilan gets appearances every now and then.

3. The Pokepark series is amazing and I would love to see a 3rd game appear on the Switch.

4. I actually do like Gates to Infinity (Despite having some issues)

5. Pikachu is my least favorite Pokémon, though I don't hate it. It's just too overrated.

6. I want to see Pokémon Contests appear in a new game and not a remake

7. I want to see some events they had in the anime made into an actual game like Pokeringer and whatnot.

8. Despite changes to the art style I think the S/M anime looks fantastic.

4. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    1- As cool as Z moves are, I don't like them all that much. They just feel like a replacement for Mega Evolution and I felt myself only really using them because I could, not because I needed to.
    2- I feel that Mega Evolution is kind of unnecessary. Don't get me wrong, I love a lot of the mega evolved forms, I just don't feel as if they were really needed.
    3- Red and Blue (the games) weren't as great as everybody says they were. I mean, I love the simplicity of it all but a lot of it is a mess. They're great games, they're just not the best.
    4- I really love the gen 4 starters, except maybe Piplup. That one never appealed to me for some reason.
    5- I don't like the anime all that much. I feel as if it had heaps of potential, but most of what I've seen (which is basically just the Kanto and Orange Islands arcs, so I may be a bit biased here) seems to mostly be filler. As well as that, I've found Ash's character rather bland. In the first few seasons, it's excusable but years later, he still has hardly changed as a person. Even though I don't like him all that much, I'd love to see him grow older, maybe pass on his legacy to his kids... Anything but watching him stay 10.
    6- Team Flare had a lot of potential. They could have been a genuinely terrifying organisation. I mean, they were going to kill almost everybody in the world! But they just had to waste it on making the grunts needlessly goofy. At least Team Skull had a reason for that, Team Flare didn't.
    7- Team Rocket from the anime is more interesting than Ash. I would pay to see a show where THEY were the ones travelling around the region, getting into all sorts of hijinks.
    8- Lucario is overrated. Don't get me wrong, it's an awesome Pokémon, but why do so many people feel the need to obsess over it?
    9- PMD is an amazing series.
    10- I really want once more to face a rival that you're not supposed to like. I mean, Gladion, Hau and Brendan/May are great and all, but it's been so long since we've had a rival that we've really wanted to beat like Blue and Silver. I also really don't like gen 6 and how you have four rivals. I think they each would have made great characters, but we as players just didn't get to spend enough time with them to see them properly grow.
    11- Generation 3's and 5's starters are the best. I don't know how or why, I just always have trouble choosing which one to take. With all the other generations, there's always one that I'll never pick (Charmander because it's overrated, Chickorita because of the first Gym, Piplup because I don't like its design, Chespin because I think its evolutions look weird) but not this one. I still don't know how to feel about gen 7's starters. I like them all, but I think they'll need some time for me to get used to.
    12- The 5th gen had really great Pokémon. True, they did take a while to get used to but I think that might be due to the fact that this is an old and rather nostalgic fandom. I didn't like Black Kyrem and White Kyrem only because they looked over-designed and kind of like a Digimon.
    13- They need to bring contests like those in gen 4 back. Those were so much fun and I spent hours collecting ribbons for my Pokémon. I found the process of making poffins rather tedious, though and liked the fact that there was no minigame to make pokeblocks in ORAS.
    14- I have a soft spot for the Klink evolution line as it was unexpectedly helpful during a Nuzlocke run. Same with Stunky during a monotype run of Diamond.

Those are just some of my thoughts.

5. levelwhat

levelwhat Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽16.1
    • ORAS did not need to happen, and neither does any anticipated remake of D/P/Pt.
    • The Unova region is the best looking Pokémon game with its 2.5D pixel art. The move to full 3D was unnecessary.
    • The spinoff games like Mystery Dungeon and Rumble are way more interesting than the mainline games.
    • Pokémon will be exclusive to our generation. Like how Betty Boop is to our grandparents. Our grandchildren will think we're weird.
    And last but definitely not least in my unpopular opinion:
    • The most popular Pokémon like Charizard, Gardevoir, Lucario, and Greninja are all furry bait.

Dusty likes this.
  6. ClefairyKid

ClefairyKid (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Psychium Z ★★★★Poké Doll ★★Waterium Z ★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★
    I don't like the trend of the fire starter being part ninja/monkey/pig whatever because they all come off as "brutish" and a bit masculine skewed, why is it that there's no obviously feminine starters like the chikorita line and the popplio in the fire type? At least charizard makes sense because dragons + fire and cyndaquil/typho are more neutral but ever since they seem determined to continue this trend.

I also hate hate hate hate ash/the anime in general, and what the heck is ash greninja. I don't care if it's all a fantasy story, PLEASE, he is 10 YEARS OLD he could not have done any of the things he supposedly has done and the odds that one simple human being just so happened to meet ALL the legendaries ever and happen to meet a Pokémon that resembles himself for good measure. But also why they refuse to age him, I just, yeah for the money of future generations I know, but surely everyone thinks its beyond unrealistic how long he's been travelling without ever aging. I'm not saying the whole thing has to be realistic in the extreme but I just can't get into the idea of a kid that never ages but isnt immortal, there's no progression in the story at all, I mean he literally can't even be levelling his Pokémon up if he still has trouble in each new area he visits. It's not even true to the way that things work in the video games.

7. Drew Blackstone

PokéPoints:
    ₽58.7
    What about the Delphox line?

8. ClefairyKid

ClefairyKid (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Psychium Z ★★★★Poké Doll ★★Waterium Z ★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★
    t

True, I can see that as feminine skewed, I guess I just find Delphox a weird design in itself, but to be fair, not masculine.

9. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I think that Brock's addiction to women was overplayed and made him seem kinda like a jerk switching women every minute they came on screen.

JadeFox likes this.
  10. bigb360

bigb360 Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽29.5
    Ash should have left the show after Johto so we wouldn't be stuck with a stagnant character they refuse to develop or age.

11. ShockingPsychicTyphoon

PokéPoints:
    ₽16.2
    Poké Ball ★
    1.) I want a new, amazing mechanic to contests
    2.) MAKE ALL Pokémon DRESS UP AGAIN UGH
    3.) They better put Lillie and Gladion's full story in the anime or it wont make sense
    4.) I want the ball capsules back... I LOVED that feature in D/P/Pt ):
    5.) Am I the only one who disliked the Sun/Moon soundtrack mostly?

12. Kimochiru

PokéPoints:
    ₽82.7
    I'm completely indifferent to the Celebi x Grovyle subtext in PMD2. I guess I never saw any appeal in it.

As for main series, I want to dress up my Pokémon again XD

13. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    Crown of ValorDawn Stone ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    YOURE NOT THE ONLY ONE! I did like some of the tracks, but I didn't like the entire OST overall. Some of the tracks are boring, repetitive, and just... a mess overall.

14. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I agree! Some of them sounded a little like they were trying to stereo type it being Hawaii

15. ~Nova~

~Nova~ Birby Friend

PokéPoints:
    ₽284.5
    I personally found Celebi to be a bit annoying.

...In general, actually, mostly because of the movie, Pokémon 4 Ever. I got sick of hearing only "Bi!" and "Bibibibiii!"

JadeFox likes this.
  16. masterofmalor

PokéPoints:
    ₽52.6
    I'm not much of a fan for Sun and Moon's story. I was able able to predict all of the major plot twists ( except for Gladion and Lillie being siblings) and thought it was very cliche. I mean 'overactive mother who treats her kids like objects' is something that I have seen a time or two.

17. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    My unpopular opinion is that every Pokémon is cool in its own unique way. So many people tell me how much they hate X Pokémon but I can't find any Pokémon I hate. They're all so cool and I love them all!

18. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I like it too, actually. And I'm only recently starting to get into it.

As for an unpopular opinion of my own... I like using cat Pokémon. Persian, Alolan Persian, Delcatty, Purugly, Skuntank, etc. And this is coming from someone who isn't actually a cat person in real life. I used to dislike them, but after deciding to use some of them on story teams and drawing them out, they all kinda grew on me over time.

19. Arc1Dragon

Arc1Dragon Just Monika

Kyurem Egg
    (Kyurem Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽878.9
    Crown of ValorPhilosopher's CowlStaff of VerityTapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    I believe the anime should have ended after XYZ where Ash wins the Pokémon league and eventually grows up and marries Serena and the Sun and Moon anime having a new protagonist either Ash's son/daughter or Elio/Selene. (I still like the sun and moon anime however)

Gen1/Gen2 is overrated. It was a major game and all but when people say that when it made the cross to gen3 it just really annoys me.

Gen5 is not a bad generation. Although the anime could have used some work the games and Pokémon were by no means terrible. Sure it has Pokémon based of inanimate objects like candles and trash bags but look at gen1, you've got Pokémon based off of toxic waste, pokeballs, and poison gas.

Amourshipping. Although it has a huge community and many supporters, people still hate on it. Have any other of Ash's companions have confirmed crushes with Ash? No. (Unless you count Annabel but since she was only in a few episodes and hasn't been seen since it doesn't count)

Diamond and Pearl remakes aren't going to happen. Although it would be cool adventuring through Sinnoh in 3D, it's way too early for them. You can still play the originals with backwards compatibility. You can easily find them at the preowned section at GameStop or other game stores.

There is probably many more things I could say but I can't think of anything else.

20. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    Crown of ValorDawn Stone ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    GUESS WHOS BACK???

All Ash ships are super overrated. Especially when it comes to their fandoms. The shippers can be so toxic...

I hated XY(Z) with every fiber of my being. To me, XY(Z) seems to be trying WAY too hard to be cool. Can Ash show any other emotion rather than smirking?

I'll say it now: Sun and Moon are not good games compared to others games. I feel as if S/M focused too much on story than gameplay.

Gen 3 had the best OST in Pokémon. (I grew up with Gen 4, so this isn't nostalgia speaking.) I liked (and miss) the charming feel the GBA Pokémon games had to them.

Gen 6 was the worst generation. The story was not there, it had weird problems, and OR/AS was plagued with the X/Y problems...