1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Unpopular Opinions

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Skittle, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Seprix

Seprix Patron Sint

PokéPoints:
    ₽115.8
    Jotho is boring. There's absolutely nothing interesting about Jotho.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    I love all the Pokémon games but I find the PMD games to be more memorable character wise and can get me to love a Pokémon I've never shown much interest to before a lot easier than the main games.

I also feel that form gimmick items from previous games such as primal forms and all the plates for Arceus should all be in one place after the main storyline for people who actually want them and not forced into the plot. Pokémon Sun is my aunt's first Pokémon game and when she came across these items, usually by a character giving her them she was completely befuddled as to what they were and if they were the next part of THIS game's plot.
    Maybe like a shop that opens up where they're all available to buy or something.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Pyrophobic Quilava likes this.
  3. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    Sophocles is just a fat version of Clemont.

4. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    Anime > nintendo games

5. Arc1Dragon

Arc1Dragon Just Monika

Kyurem Egg
    (Kyurem Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽878.9
    Crown of ValorPhilosopher's CowlStaff of VerityTapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    That is so true

6. ~Nova~

~Nova~ Birby Friend

PokéPoints:
    ₽284.5
    Dedenne is extremely overrated. I can understand why some people find it adorable, but I don't, probably because I think it's just a smushed Raichu with whiskers and a mutilated tail. I understand that's the point of Pikaclones, but come on.

7. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    We seriously need to move away from Ash as the main character and implement a) the actual characters from the games, like Brendan, Moon, Crystal, ect, b. Brock, Clemont, and the rest of Ash's dumped travel companions, c) ANYONE ELSE because I am sick of Ash.
    We also need a lot more of those Pokémon Generations clips. But longer. Actually, replace the anime with them.
    The games need to have an easy, normal, hard mode. And AI's need to be intelligent. At least Hau made good choices.
    #MissingNo

Pyrophobic Quilava and JadeFox like this.
  8. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I actually think it is quite the interesting region with a lot of historical nudges. But that might be nostalgia speaking.

Unpopular opinion.

Legendary Pokémon are often overdesigned and the ones that looks good are often bad.

FireSpartan5 and Seprix like this.
  9. Kecleon

Kecleon Mod Crew

Ace Wings
    (Staravia)
    Level 53
    PokéPoints:
    ₽993.1
    Blue Orb ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    Well, I hear a lot of people talking trash about the Gen V Pokémon, but I never really cared for a lot of it. I like the Vanillite evolution chain, I'm kind of meh on the Trubbish line, and Munna is one of my favorite Pokémon from that game. Also, what's this "fridge with eyes" trash talk about my one of my brother's favorite Pokémon? I like the type changes with Rotom's different forms, and I thought the use of the different appliances was awesome! But, the only one people really liked was Rotom-Wash, and that was only because of his versatility in rain teams in Gen V.

10. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    Legendary Pokémon seem like the creators were trying too hard.

11. GiratinaMissingNo

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    Mewtwo has a movie that I really like, but the Megas are GARBAGE. What was Game Freak thinking?! 'Oh, let's see,,.we have a really cool/edgy/badass lab experiment psychic beast, let's turn it into a Dragon Ball Z imposter and an unrealistically proportioned...I actually don't know but it's crappy looking, so let's do it' Yes, I am a Mewtwo fangirl. Lucario is okay, but too fan-favorite for me to appreciate him. But Greninja is just overrated. And that piece of crap we call Ash-Greninja was just the last fricking straw. I actually liked Greninja before the fanbase was like 'OH MY GOD, GRENINJA'S THE BEST THING SINCE MUSIC GRENINJA GRENIJA GRENINJA!!!' I HATE Greninja now; people have ruined a good Pokémon for me.

I do need a brain surgeon. And not just for that reason.
    #MissingNo

With a cousin and compete absence of a dragon-toting sister and Clemontic Gear, which I am still salty about. The latter, not the former. Bonnie having a Zygarde is ridiculous.
    #MissingNo

Except for Silver, because I am a SoulSilver shipper.
    #MissingNo

12. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    Phione shouldn't be a legendary Pokémon (or even considered partially legendary). Even if it comes from a Manaphy egg, it doesn't evolve into it and doesn't have much "legendary folklore" to go with it. It reminds me a lot of Carbink and it's not a legendary, just "related" to a legendary Pokémon (Diancie).

Also unban the poor thing from competitions/battletree etc. The little thing has 80 stats all around and doesn't even get tail glow among its lackluster movepool. We can use mega evolutions and second class legends like Zapdos, Landorus, Heatran, and Latios BUT Phione is banned?! Just ridiculous...

13. GiratinaMissingNo

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    I'll put this in a spoiler too.
    Dear god, S/M is turning out good, PLEASE OF PLEASE OH PLEASE DON'T BRING BACK MRS. WAIFU. I HATE Serena! She's just so shallow and silly. I was literally cringing after the last XYZ episode where Serena kissed Ash. So in care I haven't made it obvious enough, I am NOT a AmourShipper.
    #MissingNo

But instead, they reset him for every region just to pander to Ash fangirls. I am a fangirl, but not an Ash one. Not an Ash one AT ALL.
    #MissingNo

*deep breath*
    GARBODOR IS NOT A CRAPPY Pokémon
    *runs away before fanbase garrotes me*
    #MissingNo

14. Kecleon

Kecleon Mod Crew

Ace Wings
    (Staravia)
    Level 53
    PokéPoints:
    ₽993.1
    Blue Orb ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    I'm not sure if this is a really unpopular opinion, but I honestly thought that Ash's last loss in the Kalos League was actually pretty okay. I mean, yeah, the trope continues that Ash loses so he resets and moves on to a new region, but gosh, was that final battle against Alain epic or what? The final matchup of Mega Charizard X vs. Ash Greninja was almost too cool for the anime. And in the end, I felt happy, because it was a good, even battle all the way to the end, and I kinda wanted it to go on a little longer. It's definitely one of my favorite battles of all time!

15. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    Oh, it counts as an unpopular opinion alright, but you have a valid point. It is necessary to continue the series.

Apparently my last unpopular opinion however was actually pretty popular. So some real unpopular opinions:

1. Team Rocket trio was at their best during the Black & White anime.
    2. Both Amourshipping and Pokeshipping are pretty cool. (Emphasis on 'and'. For most people it is one or the other.)
    3. Both forms of Exeggutor are hideous and weird.
    4. Poliwrath > Politoed. (Not sure if this counts.)

Also, I would like to point out that part of the Psychic type's overpowered-ness in Gen 1 is due to the fact that way too many of the Pokémon were Poison types. Just saying.

16. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I've got a few...
    • I really like animation style used in the Sun and Moon anime. It looks so expressive and alive compared to previous series. In fact I prefer it so much that I'm actually considering watching the SM anime in its entirety when it is completed. And that's the first time I've ever said that, since usually the Pokémon anime doesn't interest me.
    • Mega Charizard X, design-wise, is one of the ugliest mega evolutions. Apart from its nice colour palette, it looks hideous. It's wings look dumb, the spikes on its shoulders look even dumber, and overall it just looks edgy.
    • Umbreon is the worst Eeveelution. Yeah, I said it.
    • Moth Pokémon >>>> Butterfly Pokémon. The only butterfly Pokémon I actually kind of like is Beautifly, while all moth Pokémon are awesome (Dustox, Mothim, Volcarona, Venomoth, all cool as hell).
    • The Elemental Monkeys are cool and get way too much hate. Simisage is seriously one of my favourite Pokémon.
    • Gen V, in my opinion, introduced some of the best designed Pokémon ever.
    • Incineroar is an amazing fully evolved starter. I think it gets way to much hate. I guess at least I see a bit of love for it on 4chan.
    • Shiny Aegislash is ugly. Actually, Aegislash is ugly in general. I'm still salty that Honedge evolved into... that...
    EDIT: Added more to the list.

#56 Apr 7, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
  17. Enasencca

Enasencca Ace Trainer

Mercury
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽592.7
    Rage Candy Bar ★★★Rocky Helmet ★★★★★PokéBallPokéBallGreat Ball
    Generation five is the best Pokémon generation I will fight you on this. Had a great story, lovable characters and amazing Pokémon designs

The Popplio line is good, it isn't that bad and there's nothing wrong with primarina looking "feminine" despite being mostly male :/

My fave Johto starter is Chikorita, feel free to pick up those torches and pitchforks. My least favorite is cyndaquil.

18. U44151

U44151 Sailor

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽196.0
    unova had good games and good Pokémon
    fite me

FireSpartan5 likes this.
  19. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    unpopular opinion #1: Alola is actually a decent region and one of the biggest reasons people shit on it is because they got off the B2W2 hype train and expected a sequel when all Alola got was a third game like Gen IV, III, and II so now everyone and their mom and grandma got on the hate train for Alola when it isn't even the fault of the region proper. It's Game Freak's fault for being super inconsistent and not given certain games the proper treatments they deserve.

unpopular opinion #2: I don't like Gyms anymore. I don't see what people see in Gyms anymore bar refusing to take off their nostalgia goggles. The Gym Leaders are void of personality more often than not and with the exception of B2W2 and in Emerald (with Wallace) they do not involve themselves in the plot or do anything useful whatsoever beyond giving the player HMs.

There's an argument to be made that Trial Captains do essentially the same thing, but they're more memorable and more full of personality because of their dialogue, while Gym Leaders of the past just... don't. Game Freak seemingly put more effort in putting more life in the Trial Captains and the Island Kahunas than they have of the Gym Leaders of the past.

unpopular opinion #3. Contrary to many, I don't have very high hopes for Sinnoh remakes. HGSS may have been the peak of remakes, because if ORAS really taught us anything about Game Freak's approach to remakes, it's that they're most likely going to ignore Platinum and continue with Gen IV remakes only consisting of D/P remakes and very little if any inclusion of Platinum at all. I can't imagine that going well with a lot of people.

/rant

FireSpartan5 likes this.
  20. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    Two extremely unpopular opinions come to my mind, and they're ones that I honestly don't understand why people are so passionate about.
    First off, and I know I'm not the only one saying this, but I love the Sun/Moon anime. I think it's probably my favorite region in the show.

The second opinion is much more unpopular, and I'll probably get a lot of hate for it, but I'm going to say it anyways...I don't like Misty, like, at all. She's brash, angry, and I really don't think her personality works with Ash's. They just seem to bring out the worst in each other.