1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Unpopular Pokémon you like?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by RadEmpoleon, Oct 7, 2018.

1. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,124.8
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Are there any unpopular, underrated, or overhated Pokémon you like?
    -Jynx. I think it has an interesting origin, being based on so many things.
    -Aromatisse. I see so many videos of people complaining on how Aromatisse is the worst fairy type even though there’s Granbull but it was one of my first shinies. So I love it. Also I don’t think it’s ugly.
    -Tsareena. One of my favorite Pokémon to come out of Gen 7. It has good defenses, great attack, and decent speed. Wasn’t a big fan of it at first but then it grew on me.
    -Vanilluxe. I’m probably gonna get bashed for this, but it’s one of my favorite Ice types. So what if it’s just an ice cream cone? News flash: there’s more to Pokémon than designs! (Can’t you tell how much I hate the “lazy designs” complaint?) I do think it’s cute, but it also has good abilities in Ice Body and Snow Warning. It has potential to be a good Ice type.
    These aren’t all of mine but I’ll spare you the reading.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Haunted Ditto

Ditto
    (Ditto)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽775.5
    Oran Berry ★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    DITTO
    Everyone is complaning about this cute little boi. Not at the design part, they are complaining about Dittos competetive skills. A choice scarf, imposter Ditto is the strongest thing on earth and can't be beaten. NEVER!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I love Aromatisse too! Both it and Spritzee are my favourite fairy types. It's nice to see someone else who doesn't hate it.

Some Pokémon that come to mind that I like, but a lot of others don't are:
    Simisage - Legitimately one of my favourite Pokémon. A lot of fans seem to hate it because it's one of the elemental monkeys, but I personally think it's awesome!
    Turtonator - Okay yeah it may not be the cutest-looking Pokémon, but I actually like it's design a lot. Has a nice shiny too. No doubt one of my top 10 Alola mons.
    Dewgong - I don't think people hate this Pokémon as much as the above two, but it definitely isn't a fan favourite either. I think it's adorable and one of the coolest Kanto Pokémon. I'd like to use one some day too.
    Samurott - One of my top 5 favourite Pokémon, but a lot of others don't seem to feel the same way about it as I do. The main complaint I've seen directed towards Samurott is that its design is too weird-looking and different from it's pre-evolved forms. For me though, it's design is the reason why it's one for my faves. I think it looks really cool!

4. Chicken

Chicken Cringe Overlord

Sven
    (Fennekin)
    Level 51
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,412.1
    Ice Stone ★★★★Icy Rock ★★★
    I see people saying how Aromatisse isn’t bad, and here I am now. I don’t really get how it’s ugly. It’s too fluffy to hate. Plus I like birds, and birds are awesome.

5. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    Klefki. I think inanimate Pokémon are on balance substantially more creative than ones based on animals - anyone can make a Pokémon based on a real-life animal, but you have to think outside the box to breathe life into an inanimate object - and Klefki is one of my favourites because it's just so...weird. I feel like it has a funny origin story - maybe someone got locked out of their house/the office one day, or couldn't find the keys to their car. It's like an answer to the "Where are my keys?" cliche you see in practically every bit of media.

Luvdisc, too. I find people's dislike of Luvdisc hilariously ironic.

PantherPunch and RadEmpoleon like this.
  6. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I've heard that a lot of people hate Kricketot and Kricketune, and I don't really get why. I think their designs are pretty cool, and I love their music theme.

RadEmpoleon likes this.
  7. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    Mons like Pangoro, Electrode, Delphox, Samurott, and many more get too much hate. They are well designed Pokémon (okay, maybe Electrode is lazy, but it's still cool) and deserve our respect. We should only hate on the completely obscene Pokémon, like normal Exeggutor, Mr. Mime, and Crabominable.

8. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    bunnelby
    I swear no one likes it except me ): but since watching the X&Y anime I have really come to adore it!

FireSpartan5 likes this.
  9. Saraceaser

Elfea
    (Honedge)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽48.0
    Ditto - A lot of people don't like Ditto and only use it for breeding, I know, but Ditto is and always has been one of my favorite Pokémon, particularly its Shiny form! It's all blue and squishy and cute.
    (Original) Rattata/Raticate - The reason why is mainly because I had one in my Pokémon Yellow game and had it all the way through the Elite 4; I kind of felt bad, though, because of how his own Raticate died on the S.S.Anne.
    And...
    Zubat-Line - I mean, yes, they can be VERY annoying once you run out of Repels, but honestly, I always liked the Zubat-line? And a Shiny Zubat was one of my first Shinies, and though I don't really understand why Shiny Crobat is pink, I still enjoy having one on my playthrough team.

Oh, and Bidoof. Don't know why all the hate, it's adorable, and I LOVE Bidoof from PMD Sky! And it's cry is adorable... honestly Bidoof is just cute in general, and deserves more love. <3

#9 Oct 9, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  10. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    golisopod! a gentle giant

11. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Samurott and Tsareena

Tsareena kicked ass during my Moon playthrough and she was a savior at time.

And Samurott is just a cutie pie, I like its mustache

12. Moonstruck-Mist

HoverBoots
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 35
    PokéPoints:
    ₽544.9
    Dusparce. I've heard how much the people around me diss it, but it's got to be in my list of favorite Pokémon overall. Though not exactly useful, it's still a cute Pokémon with its own quirks.

13. Swan

Swan Tuber

Caterpie
    (Caterpie)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12.0
    I don't see much love for Yanmega, but I really like it. It's not your average cute Pokémon design, it's mean, it's meancing & it stands out.

14. Diavole

Diavole Bug Catcher

Batman
    (Woobat)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽50.0
    Vespiquen. I absolutely love it! Nobody really cares about it but I count it to my absolute favorite Pokémon.

Same goes for Gothitelle. Needs more love!

I also don't get why Samurott gets so much hate. Mustache boi is my favorite Gen 5 starter evolution.

15. LovelyBlackRose

Luminate
    (Zekrom Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽0.1
    One that I like that I think is unpopular is Purugly. Sure the design choice is a bit not pleasing to some people, but I believe it's a pretty good Pokémon and could have a great spot in someones competitive team!

16. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    Reuniclus! Some think it's creepy, but I think the teddy blob is absolutely adorable.

17. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    Dhelmise. It’s one of if not the most forgotten Alola Pokémon and for good reason. You can only find it on the final island by fishing and Acerola is the only trainer who uses it. Even so, I love the thing. The anchor design is interesting and it isn’t half bad in battle. I’d actually say it’s one of my top ten favorite Pokémon.