1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Unpopular video game opinions

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Dawn, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Rezna

Rezna Every Day's Great at Your Junes!

Why do eggs break ffree
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽35.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Water Stone ★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess are better games than Ocarina of Time. Even a top down game, such as A Link Between Worlds, is better than Ocarina of Time. Also, A Link Between Worlds is better than A Link to the Past.

Fortnite and Apex suck.
    Halo is better than Call of Duty
    Halo Reach Is better than Halo 3.
    Halo CE is the worst halo game.
    Halo Wars 2 is fun.
    Brawlhalla isn't good.
    Smash Brawl is better than ultimate.
    Smash 4 is better than Smash Melee.
    Mario Kart Wii is better than Double Dash.
    Star Wars Battlefront (2015) is better than the original.
    Star Wars Battlefront II (2017) couldn't have been better, but it isn't better than Star Wars Battlefront II (2005).

Last but not least, Minecraft is for everyone.
    Oh and Battlefield IV is better than all COD gamss

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #21 Mar 6, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
    FireSpartan5 likes this.
  2. Galois

Galois Bug Catcher

Bartók
    (Vivillon (Garden))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽261.2
    Bientôt L'été was an important step forward in demonstrating video gaming as a viable medium for experimental art and for that reason, it is p good

3. Katanaeyegaming

Katanaeyegaming #FEARTHEWYVERN

Darklit
    (Liepard)
    Level 44
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,810.3
    Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    I don't like persona.

I used to but as of late it's taste has soured really hard for me to the point I get aggravated at the mention of it.

Melee is the worst smash game in more ways than one. I think it should have died a good 10 years ago but no it still lives.

4. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    It’s been three years, but I still have some hot takes.

PS2 graphics aren’t that bad. They lack the detail modern games have, but some have excellent lighting effects. Get a good CRT and those colors can really pop.

Every game should contain an easier difficulty option. Not having one gatekeeps disabled people or new players from fully enjoying the experience.

Nearly every action RPG either feels too simplistic or too complex. Even games I enjoy like the Nier series suffer from this. The only exceptions I’ve seen are Xenoblade 1 and a few
    Tales games.

The lack of rhythm games with a good story is appalling. It’s a genre that has so much potential in that regard.

Gaming on computers and laptops always feels uncomfortable. I’ve tried different rooms and chairs, but nothing works. There just isn’t anything as comfortable as holding a handheld in bed or playing a home console by the TV.

Japanese voice acting in video games vary in quality just as much as the English dubs. The more Japanese you learn the more this truth becomes apparent. This applies to anime too.

Kingdom Hearts is the Troll 2 of video games. The story, acting, and writing are so bad that it’s entertaining.

Persona 3 is extremely overrated and by far the worst modern Persona game. You can’t control party members, finding enemy’s weak points is complete trial and error, and Tartarus incredibly boring. The music is overrated too. Half of Mass Destruction is just “baby, baby.” Most of the social links were uninteresting. The only one I remember is the old couple in the book store. Aside from the decent story there just isn’t anything I like about the game. At least Persona 3 Portable let you control your party…

and finally…

The PS5 and Xbox Series X should’ve been delayed until the global chip shortage was over. Releasing those consoles when electronics are so hard to find is just insulting.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,138.7
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    This is more of a community issue, but it still technically applies to video games. I should be able to complain about a level being too difficult for me without people on discord, etc. saying "skill issue" or some other degrading equivalent. It hurts to hear people call you bad when you just want to get better.

I was in a server for a rhythm game, asking about an issue I had with the tap sounds. I thought it was some kind of audio bug, so I sent a small video of me playing a random chart in the bug report section to show the problem. The people thought I was causing the supposed "bug", and one person said "skill issue". I was so pissed that I left the server shortly after. (EDIT: I was already getting fed up with the server, but this was the breaking point.) The one time I ask a genuine question, I get shot down by rude people online.

#25 Jul 8, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2022
  6. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    I'm going to echo some of the other unpopular opinions on this thread since I agree with them.

- Final Fantasy VIII is leagues better than VII. Having magic function like items that you steal from your opponents was an interesting change of pace. The soundtrack is full of bops too. The standard boss battle theme is probably my second favorite song in the entire series. I also like how the story combines fantasy and sci-fi so smoothly. Other games in the series tried the same thing, but I think it works best here.

- Even though I grew up with the 3DS remake, Ocarina of Time is still painfully overrated. It's basically a dumbed down Link of The Past with an empty overworld and 3D graphics. Most enemy encounters rely solely on waiting for the opponent to lower their guard. Again, it's not a terrible game. I just think later 3D Zelda games built on this game's formula while trying something to make themselves unique.

- Tales of Vesperia is average at best. The combat is clunky, the story is uninspired, and the music ranges from forgettable to annoying. The only things saving this game from being bad is a few likable characters and good visuals. Otherwise, you're better off playing other games in the series. Just make sure to avoid Zesteria like the plague.

Here are a few of my own:

- Mario Kart Wii isn't the best Mario Kart. I grew up with this game too, but my opinion has soured over the years. The loose physics, blocky graphics, and terrible item balancing just hold this game back from being great. I do appreciate the addition of bikes and tricks though. They're both very important mainstays for the series.

- Apollo Justice Ace Attorney is too hated. Having a different protagonist was so refreshing. The futuristic feel of the game's world and music were really appealing too. It's a shame this game never got a proper follow up. I think this could've been a great direction for the series.

- Star Ocean 3 Till The End of Time is a terrible game. For a sci-fi action RPG it sure spends a lot of time on a generic fantasy planet. The flat voice acting, dialogue, and story don't help either. Don't even get me started on the combat. It's a clunky button masher with terrible party A.I. I spent more time healing up my allies from their mistakes than fighting the actual enemy. The graphics have aged terribly too. All of the human characters have this rounded, doll-like appearance that's uncanny to look at. I know many early PS2 JRPGs had this issue, but it's particularly bad here.