1. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    We noticed you aren't logged in, and we'd absolutely love for you to join us by clicking Sign Up! Lake Valor is a Pokémon community dedicated to bringing fans together. You can catch Pokémon, take them on an adventure through the site by levelling them up and even evolve them. There's something for everyone at Lake Valor. Best of all - signing up is free! We hope to see you join us. If you already have an account, then login and start discussing!
    Dismiss Notice

Using Z Moves... twice?!

Discussion in 'Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon' started by Achromatic, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Achromatic

Achromatic Magikarp King
    Admin

100%
    Local Time:
    2:37 PM
    PokéPoints:
    ₽305
    Battle Points:
    ★106
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Yup. Apparently after bonding enough with RotomDex you can use your Z-Move a second time. This is incredibly crazy and will certainly change things up a bit. How do you feel about this?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. UnstoppableGamer

UnstoppableGamer Attention Seeker~
    VIP

64%
    Local Time:
    8:37 AM
    PokéPoints:
    ₽663
    Battle Points:
    ★2
    Great Ball ★★Poké Ball ★Dome Fossil ★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★
    That's... actually kind of worrisome. I've seen Z-Moves flat out OHKO, so giving you the potential to do that twice is certainly questionable. Either way, I'm sure the metagame will adjust.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ❀Bloom❀

Supporter

63%
    Local Time:
    6:37 AM
    PokéPoints:
    ₽309
    Battle Points:
    ★17
    Heart Scale ★★
    This is Mega Rayquaza all over again. Z moves changed things up a lot competitively... but being able to use them TWICE will change things up to devastating proportions.

Really hope this is an in game only thing like how Pokémon Refresh gives Pokémon boosts.

4. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

29%
    Local Time:
    7:37 AM
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13
    Battle Points:
    ★11
    Black Glasses ★★★★Amulet Coin ★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Soothe Bell ★Legendary Triforce ★★
    What Bloom said. I do hope this feature is for in-game only and not the meta-game, otherwise we're going to see a lot of broken Z-Move combos.

5. vaporwave

vaporwave Always Confused
    VIP

76%
    Local Time:
    9:37 AM
    PokéPoints:
    ₽106
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    I'm sure it'll only be for in-game, because during competitive matches there's nothing that has to do with the Pokédex. Still, what the heck does Rotomdex have to do with Z-Moves?! And how the heck are you supposed to "bond" with it?

6. Arc1Dragon

Arc1Dragon Amourshipper
    VIP

14%
    Local Time:
    PokéPoints:
    ₽110
    Battle Points:
    ★1
    Crown of ValorPhilosopher's CowlStaff of VerityTapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    Well in the original Sun and Moon Rotom does talk about a Rotom Z Crystal. As for bonding it's probably just giving it PokéPuffs or something.

7. JukeboxJukain

JukeboxJukain Ya Boi Goozma
    VIP

62%
    Local Time:
    PokéPoints:
    ₽16
    Battle Points:
    ★1
    Jaw Fossil ★★★Razz Berry ★★Bicycle ★★
    I feel it'll be like O Powers where you can only user them in-game. Otherwise it would break the meta XD

8. Uber-Dan

Uber-Dan Hiker

50%
    Local Time:
    PokéPoints:
    ₽40
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    Great Ball ★★Poké Ball ★
    Like a lot of people are saying, it's unlikely to be used in competitive or in places such as the Battle Tree. Still, it'll be interesting to see how that goes.

9. SkittleBox

SkittleBox Steven Stone's #1 Fangirl
    Contributor

38%
    Local Time:
    PokéPoints:
    ₽613
    Battle Points:
    ★94
    Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★Blue Orb ★★★★★
    Overpowered much?

I just don't get it. Why is this a thing? And people complain about ORAS being too easy... this is just gonna make the game a cakewalk I fear. You better have to bond with Rotom for a reeeeaally long time before getting access to this.

Also, I am 100% certain this isn't going into the meta. This is something that can hang out with Mega Rayquaza... y'know, in the Banned Corner.

10. BZRich64

BZRich64 Hex Maniac

70%
    Local Time:
    PokéPoints:
    ₽387
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    Come on, everyone, say it with me: G-A-M-E B-R-E-A-K-E-R. Seriously, Z-Moves are already overpowered, and now there just making things worse. I don't really care about the meta game stuff, but this still seems over the top.

11. WolfeyStar

WolfeyStar I want to be Wallace for Halloween
    Contributor

66%
    Local Time:
    PokéPoints:
    ₽411
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    Crown of ValorDawn Stone ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Hotter Gary Oak ★★★★★
    This is just plain overpowered. Why would they do this?? This is only going to make the games easier I fear.

If the games themselves are harder and/or it takes way too much time to get this ability, then its fine by me. If this is a default thing like I'm fearing it is, say goodbye to the challenging games we used to know as Pokémon and make way for Pokémon Ultra Handhold editions.

12. DelphoxError

DelphoxError Swimmer

60%
    Local Time:
    PokéPoints:
    ₽16
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    lowkey just hoping its an ingame thing
    z-moves are already hell to deal with on their own; twice is just ugh;;;

13. Knightmare

Knightmare Swimmer

5%
    Local Time:
    10:37 AM
    PokéPoints:
    ₽58
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    I'm betting it's going to be in-game only, like affection was back in gen VI. It better be.. O_O

GiratinaMissingNo likes this.
  14. Squidy822

Squidy822 Black Belt

34%
    Local Time:
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8
    Battle Points:
    ★5
    Legendary Triforce ★★Star Piece ★★★★
    Everybodys complaining that Z-moves are "too OP" and blech.

In the meta, both players can use it, yknow. If the opponent can use 2 Z-Moves, chances are YOU can use 2 Z-Moves.

15. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

24%
    Local Time:
    PokéPoints:
    ₽283
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    That would make sense, since it seems to be based off the same X-menu type functions. If it is carried over into link battles, a lot of people might focus more on avoidance or combos, which will be interesting. Maybe there'll even be a new Cup for it.
    #MissingNo

16. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Cadmin the Admin
    Admin Social Team

53%
    Local Time:
    PokéPoints:
    ₽241
    Battle Points:
    ★4
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    It will be helpful in tough battles in game but in comp it won't be usable which balances it a bit. It honestly seems a bit overpowered since Z-Moves are already just so strong and in my mind, it didn't need to be a feature honestly, good pay off for bonding with your dex but at the same time, why is it your Rotom dex that can do this?