1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Victory Road

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Megarai111, Jun 13, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    Ahhh... Victory Road. The last, long hurdle before you've finally, finally arrived at the Pokémon League.
    What do you think of Victory Road? Do you like it, or do you hate it? What game is your favourite Victory Road from? Tell us here!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Sugar

Sugar Pokemon Coordinator

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    Ah, yes, the ever so fabled Victory Road, your final quiz before the big test. I'll share some thoughts on each.

Kanto (RBY / GSC / HG / SS) - The only thing I remember from Gen I VR is that you can catch Moltres. I can't say much about Gen II or IV VR cause lol no trainers.

Hoenn (RSE / ORAS) - Some really strong and cool Pokémon here. Hariyama, Sableye / Mawile (Depending on your version), Medicham, Loudred, and Larion. I've personally caught a Medicham here & needless to say, desctuction ensued. Shout-outs to the people who remember the glitch in Emerald where a Cooltrainer's Lanturn had Earthquake.

Sinnoh (DPP) - As usual, more powerful & cool Pokémon, plus Marley is the coolest. (Marley is a girl, not a guy, for those who don't know.)

Unova (BW / BW2) - (More notably BW2) A large surface area equates to encounters with several cool and rare Pokémon like Banette, Roselia, Roserade / Dunsparce / Audino / Whimsicott / Lilligant (Rustling Grass. Latter two depending on your version.), Altaria, Azumarill / Floatzel / Politoed (Rippling Water.), Excadrill (Dust Cloud), Druddigon, Zweilous, Throh, & Sawk. Plus Pokémon at or around your level make it an excellent grinding spot for the Elite 4.

I didn't play XY, so no opinions.

Naturally, BW2 VR is my favorite. Sorry for rambling. :sweat:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I hated it. I hate it solely because we have to use HMs to get through most of it with HMs like rock smash, strength, waterfall, etc. I'm sorry, but I'm not putting an HM on my team that has a perfectly fine moveset and would rather not get an HM slave replacing one of my team members.
    Other than that, it was fine.

Wizard likes this.
  4. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Pansage
    (Pansage)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,687.8
    This. I'm perfectly fine with facing a bunch of powerful trainers before I take on the Pokémon League, that prepares me and is a good obstacle. However, putting all of the HM's on your team, and possibly having to swap out a team member or two for HM Slaves is not something I like doing. In Pokémon Platinum, I always have to forego bringing one of my teammates because of this. I'm glad that we are slowly removing HM's from the game, so let's just hope that we get rid of them entirely for the next Victory Road (except for Surf, that one is okay).

5. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,130.7
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    I usually have a hm slave for Flash

but overal I do not hate it, soonish I meet it again in Yellow. and thinking if I should catch Moltres yes or no.
    I think the XY one is far to easy. In honesty, the Gen 1, were awesome and hard to figure stuff out

However, if i am right, the RES was pretty cool, I found the victory road in one time, as I remember that ya need to use surf getting there .

in BW, umm wasn't that bad, I don't fully remember it
    DP, I think it was pretty easy also, if my memory is correct that is

6. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    Victory Road is a neat concept but I think it'd be cool if they didn't always make it a cave. It gets kind of repetitive each game seeing how it's always just a cave where you move some rocks and fight some trainers. Hopefully Sun/Moon can spice it up a bit.

7. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,130.7
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    Xy is also a big part outside

8. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,545.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    It honestly feel more like a chore to get through than the final test to prepare you for the league. Like others I wish they wouldn't always involve caves it gets really boring really fast crawling through caves every generation. Not to mention the massive amount of HM moves you need in some of the victory roads just to get through is why I've never really liked them. The worse one I can think of gotta be the victory road in the third gen, you need Strength, Rock Smash, Surf and Waterfall just to get through, that's 4 HMs that's way too many. Okay technically is 5 HMs because there's Flash too but you don't really need it in the same manner as the others because you can get through the caves just fine without it.

9. Bossvelt

Bossvelt Camper

PokéPoints:
    ₽32.8
    it's always felt like a dragging chore rather than some good last test
    it's always the weakest part of the Pokémon games for me tbh
    it's not that it's challenging it's mostly just tedious for the sake of being tedious

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.