1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Video Game Foods!

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Shada, May 16, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shada

Shada netflix binging

(Taillow)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽252.7
    Repel ★Charizardite X ★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Galladite ★★★★Bottle Cap ★★★★★
    I don't believe we have a thread like this... well, yet.
    In some video games, there's a specific food or a signature dish to that game or series, and we just look at those characters and we wish we had that food.
    For Example of Signature Dishes, we have in the Kingdom Hearts Series Salt Sea Ice Cream, and what not.

So, if you had to try any of those signature video game foods, which one would you choose and why? Is there any food you wouldn't eat?
    Is there any specific chef in a game that you would eat or not eat from? Who's that character, and where are they from? Why wouldn't you eat their cooking?

---
    I would love to eat Salt Sea Ice Cream from Kingdom Hearts, but I would never eat a Lava Cookie in Pokémon R/S/E.
    I would love Ludger's cooking from Tales of Xillia 2, but I'd die if I ever tasted Raine's cooking in Tales of Symphonia.
    You don't put pickles in chocolate.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Crest

Crest Hex Maniac

Tirion
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽198.0
    E-Tanks! It might sound extremely strange, since the E-Tanks from the Mega Man series are just cans of oil that the Robot Masters feed on, but there's something endearing about them. I sometimes wonder if they even have a unique/appetizing flavor, since the robots themselves seem to find them delicious.

The various berries in the Pokémon games look surprisingly tasty; the tag description on Oran berries in D/P/Pt makes them sound really good, and I've always wondered what an Enigma berry might taste like. Or even pies and cakes made from grinding them into fillings?

Most food items in Earthbound (maybe barring some of the things Poo eats; rice gruel? ;; ).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Etrian Odyssey games tend to have food as a sort of staple for dungeon exploration; ingesting a certain meal gives you bonuses for your very next excursion. That can be very helpful, though there is one NPC in particular in EO Untold that brings with him an entire picnic basket to share with your party if you find him. It will fully restore your HP and TP, and he returns to the same spot every day at sunrise.

Sadly he remains on the 5th floor for the entire game (and there are many floors beyond that), but he's quite an intriguing fellow with all kinds of foods to choose from. They certainly do not skimp on the descriptions. I myself am a bit of a picky eater, but even I may be tempted by such culinary delights. Rosa (also from Untold) fixes about five kinds of tea, which I would be willing to try one day perhaps. Just don't let Raquna in the kitchen.

On the other hand, there are the infamous bear jerky and seaweed jerky as seen in Fire Emblem: Awakening, with Robin's support conversations with Frederick and Sully, respectively. Those are simply asking for trouble. Along a similar vein is the Twin-T set from Très Bien, a French restaurant seen in Ace Attorney 3 (Trials and Tribulations). As Gumshoe put it, it was "bad", despite being priced at $20 for the base meal.

The Blue-Eyes Mountain Coffee from Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's I am rather neutral towards, as I do not drink coffee. However, it does sound appetizing. As for Castlevania, I have no idea what to think about a pot roast lying on the floor...or hidden in a candlestick.

That's all I can think of right now. I may think of more later, though my game library is rather thin, and the mentioned foods even thinner still.

4. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    Just as a blanket statement, I'd like to say I want to eat any food at all that instantly heals my wounds.
    Sure, good food raises my "health" by making me strong and resistant to disease, but it would also be nice if a sandwich could close a bullet wound in my chest.

Nuka-Cola! Gecko Steaks! Yao-Guai Meat! 200-year-old Salisbury Steak! Oh the joys of post-apocalyptic cuisine in the Fallout series.

The various mammoth-based foods in Skyrim would be nice to try. I'm pretty sure there's just snout meat and cheese, but it would be interesting nonetheless. The rest of the food in the game is pretty mundane, but I do like hearty North-European foods, especially in winter.

Chateau Romani milk! One drink will give you magic for the rest of your life! Or maybe it's just a couple of days. But the difference matters little, doesn't it?

5. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,746.6
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    well first there's the Pokémon ones, the anime actually mentions this ice cream with a spicy berry filling, (I think it might have been cheri) which sounds good, and the old Gateau from the old Chateau is supposed to be super good.
    In the Golden Sun games you could check the oven and occasionally there would be food cooking. some of it sounded pretty yummy

Oh and poffins. I want to make my own poffins as a delicious treat.

6. Sachi-Shimazu

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.8
    I honestly wouldn't mind trying some of the stuff in the Fire Emblem universe, the Bear Jerky especially sounds nice, and I wouldn't mind some of Robin's cooking either way (See Robin-M and Nah's supports).

Also, sea salt ice cream would definitely be interesting. Sea salt chocolate works, so why not ice cream.

And I'm curious about what those potions from The Legend of Zelda taste like as well... Don't know why, just am.

7. Nator

Nator Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    As a kid, I've always wanted to try the Blue Potion from Zelda, Ocarina of Time. Blue's always been my favorite character, and they make it so colorful, like it's Kool-Aid, or something. >.>
    I know this technically counts as a liquid and not a food, but I honestly can't think of anything else at this moment.

8. Derahex

PokéPoints:
    ₽108.3
    Well first and most obvious, the Super Mushroom from the Super Mario games. If they don't cause drug-like addiction, it would be interesting to give a try. I bet the Maxim Tomato from the Kirby Series would be good too.

In fact... I wonder what a Pasta dish cooked from Super 'Shrooms and Maxim Tomato would taste like... I'd probably ask Zess T to make it. Zess T is an old Toad coot from Paper Mario - The Thousand Year Door that would cook together whatever your brought her 'To hone her cooking skills'. Some of the most powerful (And delicious looking) recovery items in the game could be made by her. She could cook up make certain combat items! The game also had Maple Syrup, but I know what that tastes like! :P

On a more yucky note, Mario & Luigi : Bowser's Inside Story had a Toad shopkeeper who would sell you slushes made the apparently sweet-tasting sweat from the Globins residing in Bowser. It restored you HP and SP. Wut. O_O

9. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    I've actually made some and it's freaking delicious. B)

That's definitely an interesting thought... I'm not a big fan of pie, but maybe an Oran Berry strudel or an Enigma Berry cookie would be good? -mouth begins to water-

That's a fair point. I think most of us would generally agree, as video game foods tend to speed up that process tenfold. Though as Monkey D. Luffy suggests in One Piece, eating foods for the sake of keeping ourselves healthy and functional is something we should embrace either way--many foods we already have accessible have many regenerative properties, such as eggs with protein and cholesterol.

10. Pikamon790

Pikamon790 The Legendary Heropon

PokéPoints:
    ₽10.0
    I'm not sure if any of you here have played Fossil Fighters, but in it were these really popular cakes called "Dino Cakes" (WHAT A TWIST!) .... You can't do anything with them, but you have to give it to someone to let you continue. She goes absolutely crazy and eats the whole thing in less than a minute. ....Thinking about what they could be makes me hungry. *_*

11. Prosecutor

PokéPoints:
    ₽58.7
    The thing that really comes to mind are the apples in the Mystery Dungeon games for Pokémon for me.

I also really like the food in Super Smash Bros. because it is literally pictures of food. XD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.