1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Video game genres you're terrible at

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Dawn, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    Some types of games we're fantastic at. Others...not so much. What genres of video games are you especially bad at? Ones that you either can't grasp right away, or can never grasp no matter hard you try? Does your lack of proficiency inspire you to play more to "git gud" or are you generally put off, because games are meant to be fun and losing is not fun?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Fighting games immediately come to mind. The only fighting game I enjoy regardless of whether I win or lose against another person is Super Smash Bros. (I do enjoy them in single-player... well, outside of certain series that are known for their broken AI gameplay).

Just thought about it, and real-time strategy games fall under this category. I cannot handle all of the micromanagement required to play these games effectively, and they are not fun even in single-player mode.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 Mar 13, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
    Wizard likes this.
  3. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,269.2
    ^This. I remember playing games like Injustice, Mortal Kombat, and Soul Calibur for the first time and just being awful at them. Smash Bros is definitely the exception for this genre for me. Other than that, these games are really hard for me, and not that fun.

4. Moonstruck-Mist

HoverBoots
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 35
    PokéPoints:
    ₽544.9
    Out of every game I've played, strategy/survival RPGs are the only game I have ever gotten ticked at for being some of the worst games I've played. They aren't bad, but I'm just no good at planning ahead five hundred steps and then having to commit to plans even though there is still a chance of them missing or failing. I think this includes the simple board game like Chess, and broader games like State of Decay or The Walking Dead. I think that's all.

5. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    I'm pretty terrible at management/simulation games. Whether it's The Sims, or Roller Coaster Tycoon, or Anything Else Manager, I can never, ever keep up with goals past the tutorial "missions". Maybe I don't have the capitalist mindset, maybe I'm bad at multi-tasking, I don't know, but I can only play those games at all in super-casual sandboxy modes. The Sims literally became just a home-and-fashion simulator for me.

Oh, and I too stink at any fighting game aside from Super Smash Bros and maybe a little bit of Injustice since it has simpler combos and less-strict input timing than most other arcade-style fighters.

6. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,229.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    Puzzle games (logic and action) along with first person shooters. Logic puzzles aren’t my forte as I get stumped easily. Action puzzles games like Tetris require the kind of reflexes and quick strategizing I lack. As for first person shooters? I can’t aim with crosshairs to save my life. That kind of control scheme doesn’t feel natural to me.

7. SawstheSawsbuck

SawstheSawsbuck Sir Sawsbuck

Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽560.5
    Master BallLegendary Triforce ★★
    definitely first and third person shooters
    I just can not aim lol

8. Viktron

Viktron Bug Catcher

Gabe
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽45.7
    I'm not great at FPS games, I've only ever played Halo and Overwatch, nothing notable out of either of them. Also, I get bored of City Simulation games pretty quickly, even though I'm decent at Civilization and RCT (I hate planet coaster though, no offense but RCT is bae forever).

9. Katanaeyegaming

Katanaeyegaming #FEARTHEWYVERN

Darklit
    (Liepard)
    Level 44
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,810.3
    Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    Racers. I just don't care too much for them and the ones I do I fall flat on my face at lol.

10. TripleAAABattery

TripleAAABattery Look at my fluff! LOOK AT IT

Gottem
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽991.0
    Fighting games, although I have a few friends who play good amounts of them and I'm slowly getting better at them.

Rhythm games though... Man... I like them a lot. But anything above, like, normal difficulty and my brain moves faster than my fingers and I fudge up all the time.