1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Walking along with Pokémon

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Starry Windy, Nov 3, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Starry Windy

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.1
    In HeartGold and SoulSilver, on the moment you finished picking your starter Pokémon, you realize that you can walk along with your Pokémon on front, and they will follow you on everywhere you go, on almost everywhere! Of course, you can bring a Pokémon as big as Groudon or as tiny as Pichu, it's up to you! Oh, and you can interact with them as well!

Do you enjoy walking along with your Pokémon, and what's your experience when doing so? And do you have a Pokémon species you're comfortable to walk along with if you have one or two?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. LunarRabbitPikachu

LunarRabbitPikachu Angel of the Moon

Saura
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37.7
    Moon Ball ★★★★Poké Ball ★GS Ball ★★★★★Mario Mushroom ★
    OMG THAT WAS THE BEST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED IN THAT GAME!!!!!!!! 8,D

*cough*

I really enjoy walking with my Pokémon. It's great to have another companion by your side when you're walking through to different cities and other places. Plus, walking with them is just the best. <3

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    I'm with Lunar, it made the game more real to me and a gave me a greater connection to my Pokémon. I REALLY want them to bring that feature back.

4. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    This is one of my favorite features in Pokémon, period, and I want it to make a comeback. It's half the reason I play (a romhacked version of) HeartGold more than any other Pokémon game. I wanted this feature ever since my brother played Yellow and I wanted someone other than Pikachu following me around. That first time Totodile followed in my footsteps was magical. I still can't understand why it's not a returning feature. Is it because the Pokewalker isn't a thing any more? Bull. The 3DS has a built-in pedometer, and it would be so easy to have an external but connected app in the system that would let you figuratively "walk with" your Pokémon even when the game isn't present or loaded.

I'll flip out (in a good way) next time this feature returns. Hopefully in Pokémon Z, but more likely in Gen 7 or the remakes of Sinnoh games, as an extension of Amity Park. Oh how I hope to Arceus this actually happens again.

5. mweep

mweep The Roaming Legendary

PokéPoints:
    ₽21.3
    It's like actually having a friend! Umm. *coughs*. Yeah, it was really fun, it made the whole time seem more companionlike-ish. Also made it hurt more when they died in a Nuzlocke. *ouch*

6. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    I thought it was pretty fun but I hold the unpopular opinion that it was overrated. I dunno, I just never got as much enjoyment out of it as most people. I think it should just be a HG/SS exclusive thing.

7. EeveelutionsUnite

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    I think this is a great feature, mainly because I really enjoyed walking around with Pokémon. Especially with the evaluations of Cyndaquil. Those make me feel most comfortable with walking around in the games HG/SS. Honestly, I think this was a wonderful feature, and I hope they add it in a new game.

8. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Pokemon Masters

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    Walking with Pokémon! Yes, of course I loved and still love it! Running around and having fun with Arceus behind your back, or taking Lugia for a walk on the beach... sigh, good times. I was pretty upset at the fact how NPCs don't react if you have a legendary Pokémon behind you, but that was the fun of it - making them look silly!

9. Hariyuma

Hariyuma Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽5.0
    I loved how you could talk to your Pokémon and they would do stuff. I personally love when I have huge Pokémon following me and they seemed so small :D

[3D='157'] Was always my favourite one to follow me around :love:

10. Crest

Crest Hex Maniac

Tirion
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽198.0
    Walking with your Pokémon is a feature that I hope will eventually come back. :c I never actually played HG/SS, but I loved having Pikachu follow me around in Yellow, and being able to check on it once in a while. I always like small, cute things like that in games, to where I was disappointed that only a tiny handful of Pokémon can be walked in Sinnoh's Amity Square. Having your Pokémon by your side and being able to interact with them whenever was the same reason I loved Pokémon Channel/Hey You, Pikachu! a ton; Amie is just as cuddly, but doesn't feel the same.

11. WobbuffetWynaut

WobbuffetWynaut PKMN Breeder

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.5
    My Typhlosion always followed me around in Heartgold. After a while, it felt like my best friend, like it was real... :)

12. Eru Iluvatar

Eru Iluvatar Poké Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽37.7
    I honestly do not know why GameFreak pulled that feature out because it seems like practically everyone loved it. It was awesome, having your Pokémon follow you. It made more sense and you felt closer to your Pokémon. There must've been a pretty big reason why it hasn't reappeared. Does anyone know?

13. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,057.9
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    Omg, I totally forgot about that part, I love Silver/Soul Silvre but the pkm walking behind ya , is something I forgot
    I liked it in Yellow and was over joyed when the remake came and this was here

I have been so busy with the newest game, hoping to have trainer customization that I didn't relize it would be gr8
    to have that back

I always walked with my dearest Ian, or Typloshion.

14. EchoSouls

EchoSouls Contributor

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.2
    HG/SS Were already amazing games, and having Pokémon follow you is something you don't appreciate until you start playing a different generation.

I think the reason they haven't brought it back is becuase they'd have to make a 3D model of over 700 Pokémon and that's just painful.
    When the sprites were sinple and there were only about 400 Pokémon, it wasn't that hard. Now the number will probably double with Sun & Moon aswell as the fact all of them will have to be 3D.

Honestly I wish they'd thought up the feature earlier. :(

15. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    This is one of my favourite features in the HGSS games as well! It made the Pokémon experience a bit more real, because I actually had the feeling of traveling together, instead of just walking around with a few Pokeballs attached to my belt. It would be truly great to have this feature back!
    also free items yay

16. Pokémist

Pokémist Trashcan

smol heart
    (Luvdisc)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,860.3
    Tapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    It was really a good feature. Walking along with your Pokémon. I felt i got another travel companion. It made my Pokémon really close to me. I dont know why they took out that feature but it would be amazing if they bring it back.

17. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,057.9
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    I did saw the trailers and it doesn't seem like it
    Even though I sold my pkm soul silver game today, as I got anoyed by the game and hardly played it. still it would eb nice to have it.

hasn't it also sorta happened in diamond or black? I forgot , it was in the safari zone

18. Vaporstar4x4

Stephy
    (Jirachi Egg)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,087.7
    I really liked walking with a Pokémon. I made me feel like I was really on a grand adventure with them and that we could create a bond just by walking with each other. This is really one of the features I wish they would put back in the games.

19. Almandine-G

Almandine-G All Men Are Equal

Eggu-Sama
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽25.4
    I absolutely adored it! I get easily attached to my Pokémon friends, feeling super connected and stuff to them. Being able to walk with them out of their Pokéball ws like a dream come true. It allowed me to feel like I had that bit more comnection to them, like I was closer than I ever could've been, being able to check how they were and generally interacting with them.

One of my personal faves was Lapras. The moment I started a journey with it on HGSS, I knew I was in for a good time. No matter the location or time or whatever, Lapras was always so full of joy, so playful and so happy. I honestly had one of my best journeys ever with that Lapras, and will forever hold that adventure dear and close to my heart.

20. Lunar-Peacle

Lunar-Peacle Of Moonlight and a Thousand Eyes

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,317.2
    Walking around with Pokémon is so much fun! It kind of shows the closeness between trainer and Pokémon! I hope they would use this feature in more Pokémon games, it seemed a key reason I enjoy playing HeartGold was because I could talk to Pokémon and get silly reactions from them, ranging from "_____ is concerned about your mum." When the player is at home, to "_____ is happily cuddling up to you" while the player is in the middle of a Rocket base. It's a lot more interactive and fun that way.

Also, I would think having a small one walk around, like one of the Eeveelutions or any canine/feline Pokémon to walk by you seems pretty cool. Though some of my favourites thus far is my Growlithe. He's Often cheerful when walking around. One of my favourite moments is when I talked to him, his response was "Leonard (my Growlithe in my HG play through) is regarding you with adoration!" when my player character is donned in a Rocket uniform. Shows that Growlithe are faithful regardless of what the owner wears. :D