1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Was anyone else really disappointed with the Vast Poni Canyon?

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Polkaa, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Polkaa

Polkaa Swimmer

hoLY
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽23.8
    my thoughts exactly. I really am hoping for improvements in usum

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. VictoryStar34

SS Egg #1
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,103.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★
    If Vast Poni Canyon was supposed to be Victory Road, it was a very underwhelming Victory Road. I mean, come on. It was so easy to get through there.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    To be honest, I actually forgot what we were supposed to be doing there until I searched it; the place where Hapu battles you, a natural trial and the place that connects the two Altars. For me... this place was just really... boring. I mean, the whole path was supposed to be the most difficult one, in my opinion, considering the fact that it's the place that you need to traverse in order to get to the Altar and awaken Solgaleo or Lunala.

Plus, the fact that this place is situated on the final island doesn't help either with the whole "level up here in order to evolve because of a magnetic field here" thing. I'm a person who values powerful moves that can be used by my Pokémon and when you've been training that Charjabug to level 50 and above, you've completely missed at least 2 powerful moves that it should've learned 20 levels ago, aka Zap Cannon and Bug Buzz.

I have this feeling that they just ran out of places to put the whole magnetic field thing and found that Vast Poni Canyon was too useless so they were like, "Hey, why don't we put this magnetic field here? It's pretty bland already, so let's try to make it useful somehow instead of being the Grand Trial location, a natural trial location, and the path that the players need to go through to get to the Altars!" and bam! Vast Poni Canyon!

wow this was longer than expected

4. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,046.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I barely remember Vest Poni Canyon tbh, all I remember there is searching for a Jangmo-o and the trial with Kommo-o. Aside from that is just a really forgettable place.

5. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I remember it for the painstaking amount of time it took me to try and find a wild Jangmo-o. >_> Although I will admit it had a pretty sweet overworld theme to it! :)

6. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeRocky Helmet ★★★★★Staff of VerityExp. Share ★★
    Yes and no. In a way the Pokémon were acting on that role of Veteran trainers without the actual body of a trainer there

7. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    What disappointed me was the lack of variety in wild Pokémon, the fact that I had to go there to evolve 3 of my electric types, and the lack of trainer diversity. I would like to see ONE game where you find a lass, youngster, or school kid on victory road. Seriously, there are such things as child prodigies and to cut kids out of there makes it less realistic to me. This area wasn't the most disappointing to me but it is up there. The good parts was the story with Lillie, the few rare Pokémon, the terrain was actually kinda nice, and the area music. I just felt like poni island as a whole had so much potential and most of it was squandered.

8. DelphoxError

Dice
    (Alolan Meowth)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽60.4
    honestly idk what i can add to this since everyone else has kind of already said the worst things about this area, but i will say one thing:

i never want to go searching for a razor claw ever again because NEVER AGAIN. a 5% chance on an already rare Pokémon,,, who thought that was a good idea?

9. Hikari

Hikari Poké Maniac

Ryu
    (Trapinch)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽450.7
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    As for me, yeah, I had no fun exploring the place. In fact, I hardly explored, I just ran through there with a bunch of Max Repels. It wasn’t difficult. But I just kept thinking, “When will I finally get out of here?”

10. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    I dunno, I was more impressed with this iteration of Victory Road than any past generation's. At least Game Freak made some sort of change rather than slightly alter Victory Road as it was the case for many generations.