1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Was N a bad guy?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Thunder, Jun 8, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thunder

Thunder The Alolan Archer

PokéPoints:
    ₽88.1
    N did some bad things,sure but was it really his fault?Was he corrupted by Ghetsis,or was that what happened and N chose not to disagree with him.Tell me your thoughts...​
    N,bad or good?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,746.6
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I don't think N was either bad or good. He did what he felt was right, but he wasn't what we'd call good putting others before him, however this could be argued in that he was trying to help and preserve Pokémon. Once N learned that his dad didn't care what he as trying to achieve, but was simply using him, he left, to figure out his life. leaving him in a neutral gray area.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Doomhound

Doomhound
    (Houndour)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽77.7
    the show definitely made him seem like a good guy, just with different ideals than ash. Its hard to call him bad when his intentions were to save Pokémon and stop fighting... it was obviously taken to the extreme which caused a few problems, but overall he still is good to me.

4. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I don't think N was a bad guy.
    It seemed like he was happy before he met Ghetsis, living in the forest with his Pokémon friends.
    But then Ghetsis took him in, and he seemed to just sink.
    If anyone's bad here, it's Ghetsis. N was just misguided.
    I mean, he saves the player's life in BW2, does tat seem like something a bad guy would do?

5. Sachi-Shimazu

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.8
    In no way was N a bad guy. I honestly think that he has the right idea about Pokémon, they should be considered as partners than just tools. He was used by an organization that said they had good intentions but had extremely negative goals in the end. I think that just because he was inside Team Plasma does not make him evil due to his good intentions that were heavily manipulated in the the hands of evil.

6. Ronman5

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.7
    In no way was N a bad guy, in the games (haven't seen the anime) Through backstory it was revealed that after his abilities with Pokémon were known Ghesitits only showed him Pokémon that had been tortured, beaten, and etc by their old trainers which made N think all Pokémon were being treated like this, forcing ideals of trying to Save them all... the only time he ever second guesses him self is when he meets your character and sees a Pokémon happy with a trainer for the first time ever, and it is this one moment (until of course when you beat him and Ghesitis shows his plans) that makes him second guess his ideals...

But in the end, he wanted to liberate Pokémon because his ideals for doing so was FORCED to him by Ghesitis which in the end, after leaving unova, he left to create peace and help Pokémon... is that really bad?

7. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    Hmm... No. N wasn't a bad guy. He was just brainwashed into believing that what Ghetsis did was the right thing in BW... That doesn't make him evil, he had just been used by Ghetsis.

8. Starry Windy

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.1
    I think N was just a someone who thought what he did was right. The reason N thought so was because he just saw the side of how Pokémon is treated badly by some trainers (which Ghetsis wants to show to N), not how some trainers treated their Pokémon with care. This makes me wonder if N was just seeing one side of things and thinks that everything around him is the same... which is sad.

Regardless of that, I still think of N as a good guy.

9. Thunder

Thunder The Alolan Archer

PokéPoints:
    ₽88.1
    Seems like all of you think N was good,I agree with you guys.Ghetsis was the main cause of all the annoying Team Plasma stuff and in BW2,N doesn't do anything bad but kinda make you feel guilty because he thinks in a certain way.

10. LillyRoyal

PokéPoints:
    ₽21.4
    Well he did some bad things and was the poster child for a bad cause, but he had good intentions and seemed to relize he was wrong in the end. Its hard to say Good or Bad because while we can probably agree on what bad is what good is is a difficult call. Is good actions or intentions? When you don't know that what you did was wrong where is the line that says when its acceptable? Saying you didn't know murder is wrong is unacceptable. Other things are less black and white.

Wow I think I just understood the choice of the games names for the first time.

11. VintageRaticate

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.2
    I don't think N was really that bad compared to other villains. It's Ghetsis who manipulated him into the way he was in BW. If anything, I would consider him to be more of an anti-hero than an actual bad guy.
    In B2W2, he's definitely not a bad guy. For Arceus sakes, he saves you from being frozen by Ghetsis!

12. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    Like pretty much everyone else, I don't think he was a "bad guy." Just a poor misguided person who loved his Pokémon. After all, he was raised by Pokémon all his life before Ghetsis took him in to become the puppet king of Team Plasma. According to Concordia, "N's heart is pure and innocent." Seeing what Ghetsis wanted him to see and knowing only that. N is certainly not bad guy, just misinformed.

13. Rafael

Rafael Math Geek

Odd Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,073.8
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★
    I never thought of him as a villain. He might have done some bad things, but he didn't know they were wrong. He was taught the wrong things and he believed those were right. I kinda feel bad for him.

14. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    I don't think he was bad at all. He was essentially a puppet, manipulated by Ghetsis to get what he wanted. Ghetsis wanted power. N wanted to help Pokémon. His intentions were good, even if his methods were a little shady.

15. Shada

Shada netflix binging

(Taillow)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽252.7
    Repel ★Charizardite X ★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Galladite ★★★★Bottle Cap ★★★★★
    N is adorable, but honestly, he was neither bad or good. He really just wanted to get revenge on Ghetsis and the seven sages for using him his entire life.
    Revenge can go two ways, but I mean at least he didn't kill Ghetsis or something, that I'd consider evil.
    Even the in-game quote by N's foster sisters says so. "N's heart is pure and innocent."

16. Catilena1890

Catilena1890 The Resident Kitty-Fox

PokéPoints:
    ₽31.0
    No, N was never a "bad guy", I'd consider him more of an anti-hero than anything. His heart was in the right place, but he was force-fed lies from an early age. There was no room for him to question what he was doing until he was allowed to venture out and see what the world was really all about. Once he realized what he was actually doing to people, he not only stopped, he helped the hero reverse it all.

I summarized it in one of my fanfics in which he awakened Zekrom rather than Reshiram: "N's ideals weren't wrong, they were just based on a lie.". Ghetsis was the true villain the entire time, manipulating everyone around him to get what he wanted, and he decided that in order to use a legendary dragon as his weapon, he needed a figurehead who really believed in his, that is, Ghetsis, cause, so he twisted his goal to fit a more "pretty" picture to get N to fight for him, and as soon as N realized this, he turned against Ghetsis and helped stop him.

17. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,794.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Was N a bad guy? No I don't believe so mislead and used by evil people yes, but N himself being evil nope. N just wanted to help Pokémon because of his rather unique talent to understand them I can't really blame him for that since we already know that there are people in the Pokémon universe the treat their Pokémon poorly and if he only got mistreated Pokémon to interact with as a kid like we've heard about in the games I can't really blame him for acting the way he does.

18. Pitmore

Pitmore Mild Internal Pain

PokéPoints:
    ₽84.0
    'If you tell a child every day that they are special, they will grow up just like that'

The fact is, N didn't know anything different, he was just influenced on what he has always assumed is right. Ghetsis warped his mind so whatever Ghetsis said was right. ITS ONIXEPTABLE

Thunder likes this.
  19. Nightmare Fredbear

Nightmare Fredbear Sikapin mo, pilitin mo. Tibayan ang iyong puso

PokéPoints:
    ₽47.7
    Nope, not a bad guy at all. He was just misguided to do evil. All he wanted to do Is just be friends with Pokémon, but Ghetsis misguided him to do evil to Pokémon. He still has good inside him.

20. Robertz

Robertz School Kid

Zekrom Egg
    (Zekrom Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    N is a good guy who was corrupted by evil. This caused him to do bad things, but he was ignorant to that. After, I would just say he was on a better path...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.