1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Weekly prompt - Garden

Discussion in 'Literature Library' started by Bug, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Bug

Bug Hiker

Kaen
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽185.4
    At the thought of Nacrene, I have to urge myself not to turn back. To surrender this whole journey, and settle back into complacency.

As Simon draws in a deep breath, taking in the earthy aroma of the flowers, I vividly recall the terra-cotta pot he had brought back to our home. Rusty red and chipped on the top, he held it to his chest as he grinned from ear to ear. "I've always wanted to grow my own herbs." A few weeks of rather tasteless food, I fed on his endless enthusiasm.

His humble garden sat in the light of the window, alongside my few books. His fingers tilled into the moist soil he carried from the earth outside, setting a bed for the seeds he laid across the top. Diligently, every morning, he would tend to his minuscule window garden, saying words to his children so hushed I could not hear him, but the softness in his eyes carried warmth.

We left before the herbs sprouted, bound for Castelia.

---​
    I've been thinking about doing the weekly prompts, so I figured I'd jump on this week. I'll probably write mostly about my gijinka setting for these. Short drabbles keep me somewhat in shape for writing. :P

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,007.6
    Your answers to these can be as short or as long as you like. You also do not have to write on the current prompt if you don't want to.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Bug likes this.
  3. The Eccentric Axolotl

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,415.8
    Bicycle ★★Razz Berry ★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Nice little fic you got here. Would like it linked on 'The Fanfiction Archive' Thread? It'll be the best way to stop this story collecting dust when the newer threads take over.