1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Weekly Prompt - Grocery Store

Discussion in 'Literature Library' started by Vigilance, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    Something interested me to write so here we go yeah!

https://lakevalor.net/threads/the-weekly-prompt-thread.1797/

His Royal Highness, Daquarius Lemonsnippets The Fourth, Daq the Snak for short, sat up in his bed. He sneezed once. Then he sneezed again.

"Curse be the sniffles," he bemoaned.

He hated the sniffles. He yawned and checked his alarm clock. 4:20 AM. He'd had a smashing 1 hour of sleep since the previous case of "hungries." He sighed, it was going to be a long night.

Daq the Snak had a serious problem. He'd get up every night, often more than once, and experience an insatiable hunger for food. Ravenous, he'd pillage the fridge, the pantry and the cupboards till everything was gone. Then it'd become scary because he knew what came next. A trip to the grocery store. He shuddered. The mere thought of Walmart at 4 AM sent severe chills down his spine. He just couldn't do it. But today he'd eaten less than usual and he highly doubted he could make it till the morning when his butler would cook up a feast.

It was now or never though. With the barren pantry, he'd have to make a run for it. He gently coaxed his Jynx, awakening the ferocious beast.

"Jynx," he whispered, "it's time."

They got out and hopped into Daq the Snak's Lamborghini. Pink, with rainbow flames of course, was the colorway he'd chosen.

Rainbow means might.
    Rainbow means power.
    Rainbow scares them.
    Rainbow makes them cower.

Daq the Snak began to drive, purposely going 5 under the speed limit to delay the inevitable. But the more he tried, the more it became a reality. At long last he pulled into the Walmart parking lot. It was a ghost town. Not a soul in sight. He trembled. Should he do this?

"Jynx, you go in for me?" he begged.

"Jynxxxxxxx" she replied, disapprovingly.

He knew she meant something along the lines of, "dude get it together, it's only Walmart."

He sneezed again. Curse be the sniffles.

Daq the Snak put one foot in front of the other and slowly walked to his doom. The bright light illuminating the Walmart sign blinding him. He sneezed again.

"Damnit," he muttered.

Curse be those fiendish sniffles.

Jynx followed behind. How he wished for her courage. He stopped in front of the automatic doors. Took a deep breath. Walked in. This was it. End all, be all. No going back. Today would be the day he got his pizza rolls from aisle 12.

He crept ominously to aisle 12 and breathed a sigh of relief when he made. To his bewilderment they were out.

"We sold out a while ago, sir."

"AAAHHHHH he screamed, I AM A MAN OF PEACE. PLEASE SPARE ME," he shrieked.

The Walmart employee sighed and walked away. It was another looney.

Tearfully, Daq the Snak walked out empty-handed. He would have to come back tomorrow night.

He sneezed.

Curse be them sniffles.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Wizard, Wings and Syaoron the Fox like this.
  2. Wings

Static
    (Shinx)
    Level 100
    PokéPoints:
    ₽677.2
    I was feeling really stressed out today, but this made me laugh and relax a little bit XD So thank you!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Vigilance likes this.