1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Weekly Prompt- Rebuilding from the Ground up

Discussion in 'Literature Library' started by CharlieWeasleyfan, Aug 11, 2018.

1. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeRocky Helmet ★★★★★Staff of VerityExp. Share ★★
    As the clouds brimmed over the Kalos Region, everyone was just taking a breath of relief as a massive storm had finally blown over. It had been forecasted to be a very large snow storm. but nobody could have expected the blizzard that ensued. Ice pellets that were the size of a Pokéball were falling down and nothing was open. All the cafe owners prayed for their shops to hold through since they had closed up as best they could.

One cafe owner was a young teen who ran the shop for her mom. Tahlia was hoping that the cafe in the Magenta Plaza in Lumiose City survived. She immediately grabbed her boots and jacket while her Pichu and Litleo waited for her. "Let's go check on some of the elderly first. If they need heat or electricity we should do what we can," she whispered.

As she walked outside she wondered how her home wasn't snowed in. The snow was pressed up to the windows. "Thought you could use a hand," her best friend greeted. Edward was a trainer like Tahlia and they both had businesses to run for their parents. Edward ran a Pokemart and always popped by Tahlia's cafe. Edward had only just gotten back from his grandmother's place in the Sinnoh Region. "Chimchar and I decided it'd be best to melt the snow away from your door. Heading to the shop?"

"In a bit. I'm sure the whole city is suffering. I want to check on the elders and children. Oh, and of course Professor Sycamore," she responded. Professor Sycamore was a valued man to the City so of course, Tahlia was worried. As they walked up to the retirement home, Edward noticed the door was snowed in. "Litleo can you lightly use Ember? Just enough to melt the snow," she answered. Litleo nodded at her and he kept the flames lightly flowing from his mouth while he walked up to the door.

"Chimchar you too. Lightly use ember to help melt down the snow," Edward responded. As the snow melted down, Edward and Tahlia opened the door and smiled in relief. "Is everyone okay?"

"Yes, we're okay. What about you two? It's awfully cold," the one woman worried.

"We're fine. Do you guys need any supplies? We can go get some stuff from the cafe and from Edward's store," she responded.

"We had enough kits. We're okay. We just need some power to get the generators running," the other nurse informed. Tahlia's Pichu was already gone through. She smirked as the lights came on and so did everything else. "That'll do us for a while. But we saw a few buildings get hit with trees," they informed.

"We'll go check it out," Edward promised. He was as concerned as Tahlia about everyone. They walked down the street and sure enough, there were trees in windows and some people looked like they were freezing. "Chimchar take the house on the left! Go start the fire," he began before bringing out his Machamp. "Machamp we need your help. Can you carefully pull out these trees?" Machamp nodded and as Tahlia walked out of the other home she was missing her coat. "Where's your coat?"

"With a little boy. He was on the brink of freezing. I'll be okay," she promised pulling her blue hair back.

As Tahlia and Edward made sure that the town was fed and had power, they began at least helping the people who lost pieces of their homes. Tahlia was able to provide hot drinks to the workers outside and Edward would make lunch.

After 2 months, Lumiose City was back to normal. Everyone had their businesses up and running while the Professor, who sadly had to get the lower half of the building fixed, had all sorts of data on Pokémon. Edward had finally escaped work and Tahlia was happy to be working again and serving everyone

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    WavePearl likes this.
  2. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,937.8
    This was very sweet. I wanted to see more of this blizzard and more of these characters. What did they do as the snow rolled in?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeRocky Helmet ★★★★★Staff of VerityExp. Share ★★
    Would you like me to continue this? Maybe from Professor Sycamore's POV?

4. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,937.8
    @Coraline

Go for it! I'd love to see what you come up with!