1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Weird nicnkames I gave my pokemon

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Wolf Expert, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I've been planning on replaying Y for a while now and finally got around to rescuing all of my Pokémon and depositing them in the pokebank. (I had four boxes worth since I transferred some from Heart Gold too.) As I was looking through my Pokémon, trying to find the ones I wanted to keep and finding out that I had a ton more shinies than I thought I did in the process, I noticed that some of the names were a little... weird.

I named a Tirtogua "Kai" which is a name I later ended up giving to a Carracosta I bred for competitive battling. I named a Cranidos "Blue" and it just so happens a few years after I did, a certain dinosaur-themed movie came out with a Raptor named Blue. The creepiest one was a Pidgeot that I had named Piper. As some of you may know, about 6 months ago I got a little birdie irl that I named Piper. I agonized over coming up with a good name for her and Piper was a name I just happened to come across on a naming website, so it's a little weird that I would name a Pidgeot that. Especially considering that I always name my bird Pokémon after the birds I've owned.

So yeah, funny little coincidences. I still can't believe that though. Next time I get a new pet, I'll just look through my Pokémon nicknames to find a name for it.

Oh I also had two Pokémon next to each other named "Big" and "Ben" so that's kind of funny I guess, though that's probably just past-me trolling me, as usual.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    I remember when I plugged in my SoulSilver (or was it FireRed?) I had a Togepi named something... ominous. Like Tartarus or Diablos or some other monstrously evil name. Togepi, of all things.

Generally that's the weirdest name that comes to mind. Generally I stick with pop culture references that apply to me, and I try to make them fit, and that mostly precludes me from most silliness.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I don't think I've ever really named any of my Pokémon something weird, I think that the weirdest thing that I've named was a Dratini called Shadowlaser, but that isn't super weird to me...

4. HeroofFire101

HeroofFire101 Stirlingite

Ember
    (Quilava)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,660.4
    I nicknamed an Iggypuff Satan because of Jigglypuff.

5. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Almost all of my Pokémon are named after puns/pop culture references :P For example, my Shiny Blacephalons (yes plural, I have two) are named Dippin Dots and Pennywise. :3

Arctiquaza likes this.
  6. Arctiquaza

Arctiquaza Never quite gone

Honor
    (Gallade)
    Level 32
    PokéPoints:
    ₽934.0
    Sail Fossil ★★★
    Umm... I was doing a Torchic giveaway and was naming them all weird things... And...
    Did you know the 3DS has a square smiley face emoji? Yeah. I just spammed that to the limit. It also has sun and cloud emojis. I simulated the sky with the name of another. I also named an entei magicarp

Oh, and my blissey on my team is named Arceus. Just to confuse my opponents a little.

7. Vaquero

Vaquero Member of the Charicific Valley

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    I named a Feraligtr, BIGJAW. I was seven, soul silver, didn't know you could use lower case, and was uncreative. I now have much cooler nicknames I could give one, like Riptide. But, I still name every Feraligtr I get BIGJAW purely for nostalgic purposes.

I named a Mudsdale, Bruho. After a horse mi papa got for me, long ago. It's supposed to be spelled 'Brujo' since it's Spanish but I've always spelled it 'Bruho' since that's how I spelled it as a kid. I may correct the spelling in the future though.

I named a Charizard Kraiser, for some reason, and one Kaiser (German for king).

8. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I don't usually give my Pokémon super weird names. Though I did name the shiny Audino I caught in White "The Beast", because my brother and I thought It'd be funny to do so.