1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Weird traditions in your family

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by LassusVulpes, Apr 1, 2020.

1. LassusVulpes

LassusVulpes Eclipse Holder

THE BIGGEST FLEX
    (Giratina (Origin))
    Level 55
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.1
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    So in our house we have weird things like saying "Is that good" In a higher pitched voice, this all originated because my oldest brother while in a car ride home from a place said out loud "Ya know, I can't spell my middle name. Is that good?" And ever since he's heard "Is that good?" over and over again.

Another one is for my other brother . (Don't read this if you have an upset stomach.)

We call Diarrhea Super powers in our house because my brother used to be the type of kid who tried to get a superpower and was like "I CAN BLOW MY NOSE WITHOUT USING MY HAND OR A TISSUE!" that type of stuff. So one day he runs up to my mum saying "MOM MOM I HAVE SUPERPOWERS! I CAN PEE OUT MY BUTT!"

So what's your family's weird tradition and why did it happen ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    VictoryStar34 likes this.
  2. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    My older siblings began to think that if we're going to have a day where everybody wears green, then the other colors deserve a day as well, so we began this color week tradition. It starts with green on St. Patrick's Day, and then the next day is blue, then pink, red, purple, orange/yellow (none of us had enough of orange and yellow separately to justify them having their own day, so we put them together), then gray scale, and finally brown. I think we've been doing this every year for more than ten years now.

3. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    Whenever, my older brother and older sister meet, they spout curse words at each other almost non stop. If their across the house, they will yell them at the top of their lungs. If they are across the street, they will make sure all the neighbors hear. Its basically their greeting as they do it every time they meet, and every time they part laughing the while time.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,343.1
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Hmm I can't think of a ton of these but I like to immitate my mom when she calls out my name. She has a weird habit of making the sillables extra long so I respond in kind.

ie:
    "Doooomminnniique!"
    "Maaaammmaaan?"

5. VictoryStar34

SS Egg #1
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,103.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★
    Whenever Marry You by Bruno Mars comes on, my family stares at me if they can. When I was younger, maybe around 10 or so, whenever it came on, they would make fun of me for whatever reason, so now I hate the song.