1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Weirdest places you've slept?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Junkrat, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    A bit of a random thread, I know, but I'm genuinely curious if you guys have ever sleep in odd, unconventional places. In the past, I've slept on my bathroom floor, under tables, on handball courts and on a football field. I mean... hey, I'm a tired man. So what about you? What places other than your bed have you woken up in?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    underneath my bed

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SawstheSawsbuck

SawstheSawsbuck Sir Sawsbuck

Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽560.5
    Master BallLegendary Triforce ★★
    I think I slept in a laundry basket once

4. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    Crown of ValorDawn Stone ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    I've been good about staying awake, but once I remember waking up somewhere with my laptop still in my lap and my music still playing!

Other than that, there have been times I wake up on the other side of the bed... how?

5. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    There have been a few odd places I've slept in lately. Some include:

• On a bunk with no sheets. I took a trip to some mountains once with friends, and I borrowed a blanket to use as a covering. I stayed completely still and I woke up at 5AM.
    • On a sofa. This was a trip somewhere else and I stayed at a friend's cousin's house. I didn't have a blanket at all there, and I was longer than the sofa, so that got awkward. But I didn't move then either.
    • I've taken naps in the sound booth at my church when I'm particularly tired; I have to get there at about 7AM and sometimes I'm not fully awake, so I'll take a 15-minute nap to get myself awake.
    • I do the same thing at my work sometimes; if I need to take a quick break, I'll take a nap underneath my desk. I use my laptop case as a pillow and it's good for a 15-minute nap there too - and best part, nobody can see me (my desk has a large counter encircling most of it).

The one I do the most often is the naps at my work - because I'm at work more often than the other locations. It gets really bad right after lunch (around 1-2PM) because that's when the food kicks in and my body wants to sleep to make the job easier.

6. HeroofFire101

HeroofFire101 Stirlingite

Ember
    (Quilava)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,473.3
    Okay, if you sleep in a place that is not a bed, then it is a modem(I forgot the term, so this is a guess), a Sociological term for doing things that is a bit weird and off-kilter. I have not done this, but a friend did this and always did this when we were out of state for a Marching Band competition. She slept on the floor, usually under the hotel room we were staying in's desk. I recorded this a bit so I could get some extra credit.

7. dangokura

dangokura what is happening ;w;

Mythical eggo
    (Celebi Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.2
    idk?? i can normally stay awake, so i don’t really take naps.. i know i sometimes sleep on the floor though ^w^

8. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I hid under a cube-shaped wooden table type thing (like a wooden box with the bottom cut out) to scare someone and ended up falling asleep.

9. Owly

Owly Friend of the Eco, Foe of the System

Torako
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,981.7
    I've slept on couches and planes - not really "unconventional," I know. Even in a bed it takes me thirty minutes to go to sleep, and if I change something even slightly, it's pretty much impossible. Once I put my pillow at the other end of my bed so I'd be closer to the fan, and I lay awake for an hour because of the different positioning. And don't even get me started on when there's noise from pretty much anywhere. (except if it's Lindsey Stirling. For some reason, I've fallen asleep to her music [on planes] multiple times - don't ask me why violin and dubstep are sleep-inducing, but if it works, it works.)

10. warriorseadra

warriorseadra PKMN Breeder

Mythical Egg
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽168.4
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Back when I was little, my mother didn’t like letting me take naps because I’d stay up all night. Baby me therefore deided to hide myself to sleep. Some places include behind the washing machine and underneath a pile of books. After that, my mom decided to let me take naps in the open.

I now take naps out in the memorial park, on a hill, under the shade, during my lunch breaks at work.

11. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeRocky Helmet ★★★★★Staff of VerityExp. Share ★★
    The weirdest spot was actually under the smallest skinniest piece of a playground when I was about 7. Nobody could find me for an hour. Not even my EA

12. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    Am I the only one who sleeps standing up sometimes? I used to have a habit of closing my eyes for one or two minutes standing with my back to the wall in school hallways if I showed up before class started. At least once I completely fell asleep, only to be woken up by class exiting the room. That's right, I slept through an entire 80-minute class session standing outside a classroom and nobody bothered to wake me up.

Runo20 likes this.
  13. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    I don't remember anything about this (since I heard about this all via my sister), but once after band camp I fell asleep right in the middle of one of our conversations in a chair! I only had a vague idea of what happened when I woke up at 6am, curled up in my chair with my clothes still on.

Other than that, I haven't taken a nap by my own will in ten years and everyone's dozed off in a long car ride or bus before so that's really the only time I've slept anywhere "weird."

14. Pokémist

Pokémist Trashcan

smol heart
    (Luvdisc)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,860.3
    Tapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I slept once on the door. I was sleepy and nobody at Friend's house was opening the door and I accidentally slept on the door and when they opened the door..I hit my head hard on the ground xD

I've also slept once in a cafe during a discussion with teachers. I won't tell how my teachers reacted to that xD it was bad smh. XD

15. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    I was once rocking my chair against the wall and I fell asleep in that position. It was weird to say the least.

16. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    The floor of my friends house, not so weird as i had blankets

17. smol kirboi

Mythical Egg
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽101.5
    on top of my kitchen table for heck knows what reason

18. TheChaosK

(Celebi Egg)
    Level 4
    PokéPoints:
    ₽18.4
    ive fallen asleep standing up a few times before back when i refused to sleep. i to this day do not know how i didnt fall over.

19. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    I've always found sleeping in cars one of the weirdest places I've slept in, even though I've done so several times over my life. Normally when I'm on long trips back and fourth between cities, and one time I've had to sleep in a car because my family couldn't find a room/couldn't afford a room at a nearby hotel and we were tired as crap so we decided to just knock out in the car. It was the weirdest moment of my life.

20. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I slept in class once, and I think I slept in a tree?