1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

What’s the story behind your username?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Junkrat, Mar 15, 2018.

1. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    Why did you choose your username? And if you changed it, why was it changed?

For me, when I first joined I couldn’t think of what I wanted to make my username, but since I was getting into vaporwave and really liked it, I decided to make that my user.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    The story behind my username is simple.

I'm a huge fan of Earthbound and many games and stories like it. And since I live in a typically very cold region of the world and tend to like snow-themed levels in video games, I thought the word Snowbound would be nice to use. I made this username all the way back in high school, and it has stuck since.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. dangokura

dangokura what is happening ;w;

Mythical eggo
    (Celebi Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.2
    i... was craving dango at that time. and since everyone calls me kura, dangokura!

looking back i realise how stupid it is <(_ _)>

4. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I’ve always been awney! It’s my brand at this point lol it’s really dumb how it came to be tho. I have auburn hair and my friend was just ‘hey you can’t come up with a nickname for your
    real name so your name is awney now’.

It’s kinda silly but everyone I know (aside from the few exceptions of course) calls me awney

5. Rezna

Rezna Every Day's Great at Your Junes!

Why do eggs break ffree
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽35.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Water Stone ★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I thought at first that this site was about Team Valor, not Lake Valor from Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. So, to be a troll, I named myself Team Mystic. Later I realized that this wasn't the case, and now I'm waiting for either 300 pp or my yearly username change, (oh my gosh, why December?) so yeah. That's pretty much it.

6. ophiespurr

Randy
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽279.8
    "ophiespurr" was actually a username I used Pokémon GO at first. I basically combined the name of the Pokémon Espurr (one of my favorite Pokémon) and the name of the constellation Ophiuchus because practically every other username I thought of was taken. So, I decided to use that username here as well.

7. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    I have been practicing karate for years and I was a kid when I came up with the name... That’s basically it XD the 770 comes from just karatekid being taken in some places.

8. Owly

Owly Friend of the Eco, Foe of the System

Torako
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,981.7
    Mine's a bit of a long story and has a lot to do with Harry Potter. On the old Pottermore site there used to be an instant chatting area. Usernames were randomly assigned so many people "signed" their comments with a nickname they'd made up. I decided to use a fusion of my two Patronuses, Stowl, as my signature. But Pottermore had a built-in censor that wouldn't post your comment if it had swears or words it didn't recognize, and as "stowl" isn't a word, it wouldn't post my comments. So I added a period: "St.Owl." It's stuck every since then - which is four years, I think - and I use variations of it for everything. This particular variation is my safe one for if the site doesn't allow spaces (St Owl) or periods. Obviously LV does allow periods but I didn't know that at the time and now I don't care enough to change it.

9. Barandofl

Barandofl The eyeless user

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,471.2
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    The name 'barandofl', is just a random version of my real name, 'Brandon'. The way it became this way, is because one day, when I was a kid, I was creating a character in AdventureQuest.com. But obviously, the username 'Brandon' was already taken. After many attempts, and failing them all, I snaped. I just randomly tried typing my name withought looking at the keyboard. After doing so, the name that came out, was 'barandofl'. The only question I have, is why do I remember that username? I guess it just stuck with me.

10. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,620.6
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    I was looking for a new username for here, since I didn't want to use Rubombee (it would've "automatically" linked my dA account — and all the ones where I use this name— to here).
    I like puns with Pokémon names in my usernames and found Goomy + woomy (Splatoon meme). I thought it was awesome and chose it.
    Bonus: Rubombee's history!
    It's a mix of the French and English names of the Pokémon (Ribombee + Rubombelle). I also used to think Ribombee's English name was Rubombee, and thought it was funny.

11. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    14 is a dope number, that's all there is to it

12. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    My name came from the genitive word for the constellation of Cepheus.
    More specifically it is was inspired by a particular star in the constellation called HR 8938 Cephei.
    My name was also inspired by the deadmau5 song of the same name (HR 8938 Cephei), which is one of my favourite electronic/EDM songs.

Rezna likes this.
  13. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I'm pretty sure this was already a thread and I answered this before, but eh, I'll do it again anyway.

I used to have a huge wolf obsession when I was younger. I still like wolves, but I'm not as obsessed as I was back then. When joining any site, I'd usually try to have "wolf" in my name somehow. It was usually the typical sounding pre/young teen username. (Mystic Wolf, Fantasy Wolf, Icy Wolf, to name a few). When a friend suggested I join an art site, which isn't around anymore, all of the names I usually tried were taken, presumably because the site was full of other pre-teens. After a while I ran out of ideas and just randomly typed in "Wolf Expert" and it worked. I regretted it at first because I thought it sounded dumb, but it ended up sticking.

As a bonus since I'm pretty sure I answered this somewhere before, anyone who's seen me on Discord might have noticed my Discord name is "Kveta". My brother introduced me to D&D online around the time I started to get out of my generic young teen naming phase and I wanted to give my character an actual name. I looked up a random generator and Kveta was the first name that came up. Some time after, I joined an actual D&D game, technically my first, and named my character Kveta after my online character. That game lasted so long that I sort of started to identify myself with that name, I guess, so I started using it more often. The reason I went with Wolf Expert on this site instead though was because I was told about the site on FF.net, where I went by Wolf Expert since I made that account before Kveta existed.

14. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    I used to be Zero Sifr (to be pronounced Zero Cipher) but then I accidentally pulled a Superman and disappeared for a while before returning when least expected. I changed while I was away, and most of that change was loss, so what's less than Zero? Negative Zero! Maths!

The previous name, Zero Sifr, was pretty much just picked because it sounds cool, and I liked the almost-mirror image of the ZS. NZ works similarly though.

15. Pokémist

Pokémist Trashcan

smol heart
    (Luvdisc)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,860.3
    Tapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    When I was thinking of a username for LV which is Pokémon related, nothing really came to my mind and then suddenly pokemist popped up. Pokemist is basically a combination of two things-Pokémon and Misty from Pokémon anime. Since, this name was really unique and no one used it before, I named myself Pokemist on every site. :'/

16. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    when I was like 4 or somewhere around there, I just came up with the name Laserdragon and have tried many times to make a story with a character named Laserdragon as the main character. Then I was going to join Pokémon Showdown and decided to go with the name Laserdragon14, for the fact that I liked Laserdragon as my character and I was 14 when I created the username and I haven't bothered to change it to Laserdragon16 and nor do I want it to be changed right now.

17. Teddybear2345

Teddybear2345 Which is cooler, to be cool, or uncool?

PokéPoints:
    ₽529.7
    Rage Candy Bar ★★★Bicycle ★★Razz Berry ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★Slowpoke Tail ★★★★
    Well my recent name change is from an American ancestor of mine from Denver, Colorado, USA.
    Her mum was Irish and her dad was Spanish American/Mexican American.

I care about my racial background/ethnicity a lot.

Even though I was born in Australia, my relatives were from across the globe.

18. Critical Sass

Critical Sass Slippery when wet

eg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽319.0
    Critical Sass is a fusion rifle in Destiny 2. Both its name and in-game description (A chain reaction of nuclear insolence) are hilarious to me to I appropriated it for my own uses.

19. Pory-ZPlayz

Pory-ZPlayz Your Friendly Neighborhood Glitch

Iceon
    (Eevee (S))
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽158.5
    Exp. Share ★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    The first part of it is my Pokémon Ultra Moon ign. The second part is my YouTube username.

20. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    The thing is, my username on LV is my username on FF.net. And as I came to know about LV from this PM I received on FF.net, I just chose the same username for LV too. It was also 'cause I was too lazy to come up with a new username. Hehehe~