1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

What About That Z-Crystal?

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by JadeFox, Jun 6, 2017.

1. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    [​IMG]

One thing that still makes me wonder is the Z Crystal the main protagonist has. Instead of the white ring from Sun and Moon, they've replaced it with a black one? And the Z crystal is shaped differently than the ones in Sun and Moon? What connections do you think they have to the story, and what importance might they have to the new storyline of Alola?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    I think they should offer us more options. Like... customization? for both Pokémon and trainer

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Maybe it is an upgraded version? The black and white does look good.

4. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    Crown of ValorDawn Stone ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Maybe it's upgraded to have more crystals? Or maybe it's for the A E S T H E TI C?

It looks pretty cool. Maybe it's tied into the story because of Necrozma? I'm not sure.

5. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,644.3
    My guess would be its tied in to the new forms. The ascetics resemble Necrozma and the Z-Crystal might be connected to the new form. For example, maybe if you have Necrozma and Solgaleo/Lunala in a double battle you can use the Z-Crystal to merge them into the new form for a special cooperative Z-move.

GiratinaMissingNo likes this.
  6. 「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」

「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」 Dᴇᴀᴛʜ's Dɪᴘʟᴏᴍᴀᴛ

HeartGold
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽217.7
    Heart Scale ★★
    Z-crystals for mega evolved Pokémon? oAo Or is that too much?

7. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I think it may just be aesthetic or for some new kind of stone since the stone looks like it has a new appearance.

8. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,644.3
    An idea occurred to me. What if it could be some sort of new 'Team Z-Crystal' that lets you use even more powerful Z-moves, but require you to have specific Pokémon in your team. For example, the could have elemental ones that need you to have at least three Pokémon of a specific element, or one that needs a full party of Eeveelutions.

GiratinaMissingNo likes this.
  9. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    I think it definitely has something to do with Necrozma. Perhaps the Pokémon has it's own new Z move along with Solgalep and Lunala and that inspired the design.

10. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    They had the mega ring for X and Y, but the mega bracelet for ORAS. It could just be aesthetic. The shape of the crystal itself is weird though. Solgaleo and Lunala could really use a unique Z move to use with their signature moves. Maybe the black ring is an upgraded form you get to use with Necrozma?

11. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    It is possible, I just think it is probably just a looks thing.

12. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    Maybe you get the regular white one in the beginning of the game, then stuff happens with Necrozma and the black ring ends up being made of Necrozma's crystals, with the weirdly-shaped bit in the center being one of the coloured gems on Necrozma's body...I don't know if that would work; it's probably something with the Aether Labs 'harnessing the power of lasers' by making that for you.

Or it could (in some, fragile, plot-device way) be connected to Zygarde, but we'll have to see.
    #MissingNo

13. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    I think it's there for several reasons. 1. alternate story means alternate look to better explain things and make them fit. 2. there will probably be some for of customization to go along with it. 3. I'm thinking multiple crystal for the same type so now there will be atleast 2 z moves for every type. and 4. they wanted to do something different with it. This is my speculation at this point in time.

14. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    So after posting on that other thread, I had a thought. Some Pokémon have unique z moves and crystals to go along with them. What if they combined mega evolution with the z moves?

Mandriel likes this.
  15. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Upgraded Z-Moves? Or maybe some Z-Crystals are just going to take different shapes. I wonder what Gamefreak is going to do with the Z-Move mechanic, since I didn't find it too interesting in the games. Maybe they'll end up redeeming it? It could have a major role in the story like Mega Evolution did in gen 6. That'll be nice.

16. Aewynessa

Pidgey
    (Pidgey)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽219.4
    Staff of VerityCrown of ValorBig Nugget ★★★★★
    It is possible that the Z-Ring itself is the catalyst for Necrozma's fusion with Solgaleo or Lunala. The special Z-Crystal could help unleash a move only the fusion can use. The Z-Ring would be like the catalyst for Kyurem's fusions, which aligns with the Z-Ring's inversed colors (which are actually very much like Necrozma itself--the small bit of white could signify the white-tipped prisms protruding from Necrozma's black hands).

The picture above is a freeze-frame right before the protagonist turns the crystal 90 degrees. Could this be more proof towards a unique Z-move? Does fhe color scheme point this unique Z-move toward Necrozma?

I would say yes, but only time will tell.

17. Apawn

Apawn Modern Gen 2 Artist

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    So people are saying Z-Abilitys, which I think would be much cooler then Z-Moves as well as more viable:
    "The final thing shown in the trailer is what the twisting thing shown in trailer one is. It is called a Z-Ability. One Pokémon per battle has it's ability buffed. Overgrow Blaze and Torrent, for example, all do the same thing. With full hp, there stats besides HP are basically half of what there supposed to be. But the more damage the Pokémon take, the more powerful it gets. At 1/8th HP or lower, there base stats are doubled. Only Pokémon with Exclusive Z-Crystals can use a Z-Ability, and using it acts as a Z-Move. In a single battle it's Z-Move or Z-Ability. One or the other." 4Chan