1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Anime/Manga What anime are you currently watching?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Laserdragon14, Jan 17, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    The anime I'm currently watching is called "The Genius Prince's Guide to Raising a Nation out of Debt" (whew long title) and it has been a ride. It somehow is a serious anime while also being a comedy. I've loved every minute of it as far as I've watched.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    ::checks MAL list::

I'm mainly following two shows this season, mainly while waiting for World Dai Stars this spring--Ayakashi Triangle and Tsurune season 2

UPDATE: Also add Flaglia: Natsuyasumi no Monogatari to the list

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Laserdragon14 likes this.
  3. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,003.8
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I've got a few in progress at the moment: School Babysitters (only 2 episodes left), Bungo Stray Dogs (only a few episodes into S1), and HunterxHunter (probably over halfway through Chimera Ant arc). I also just started rewatching Fruits Basket

WavePearl and Laserdragon14 like this.
  4. Jeydis

Jeydis Midnight Gourmand

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,036.7
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Let's see, currently watching:
    - The latest season of My Hero Academia: Enjoying the scale of everything being expanded, getting into large scale destruction is fun.
    - The Ranking of Kings: Really interesting fantasy story, not really what I expected
    - Nichijou: A really fun interlude kind of show when I feel like turning my brain off for a bit. Surprising, fun and endlessly memeable.
    - Trigun Stampede: Watched the first two episodes the other day... its difficult to fully enjoy since the original Trigun is my favorite anime of all time and this one just does not hold up. Hoping it picks up soon at least.

5. Katanaeyegaming

Katanaeyegaming #FEARTHEWYVERN

Darklit
    (Liepard)
    Level 44
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,810.3
    Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    The latest season of Overlord

That is really about it for stuff I am watching now

There is a whole ass list of things I plan to start on/ am going to watch in the future so that is fun at least.

6. fourdollar

fourdollar Bug Catcher

Ruby
    (Ledyba)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽372.8
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Heart Scale ★★
    i’ve been watching shugo chara! lately :-) it’s definitely very shoujo, but it was one of my favorites as a kid and it’s very nostalgic to come back to.
    i’ve also been watching the original fruits basket anime with my best friend, it’s her favorite anime :-) we’re going to watch the newer version after we finish, she says it’s more like the manga. i personally like the older one’s art style better but i will still watch with her ^^
    i may also start inuyasha! i got recommended it and it seems pretty interesting. i’m surprised i haven’t read or watched it yet tbh as i used to go through a crazy amount of manga

7. GigaGold1

GigaGold1 Blaziken Fan

MEW!!!
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1.2
    Thunder Stone ★★★Jaw Fossil ★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    Mob Psycho 100.

8. GigaGold1

GigaGold1 Blaziken Fan

MEW!!!
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1.2
    Thunder Stone ★★★Jaw Fossil ★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    MHA is a really fun watch!!

9. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,003.8
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Currently:
    - rewatching Fruits Basket, over halfway done with S1
    - Spy x Family, now that it's free to watch on Crunchyroll lol

I'll have to find somewhere else to watch, since 90% of the content on Crunchyroll now is locked behind premium, and as much as I love anime, I don't watch it nearly enough to justify getting premium.

10. Sethal

Sethal Vibing to OST

Aurile
    (Alolan Vulpix)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,428.1
    Comet Shard ★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    Re:Zero. It has been Re:Zero, it is Re:Zero, and it will be Re:Zero now that the third season is confirmed.

In all seriousness, I've tried watching other animes, but all I am able to do (with very few exceptions that also include unhealthy amounts of psychological torment) is comparing them to Re:Zero, which doesn't make for the most enjoyable experience (lacking immersion...). Maybe I'll be able to broaden my tastes in the future, but for now, the foreseeable path is straight-forward xD