1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Anime/Manga What Anime Genre do you like?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ShireHime, Oct 22, 2017.

1. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,420.0
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    (I'm fully aware of the fact that there are already other threads like this, but I they were made in 2015, two years from now.)

Magical Girl genres are the ones that I tend to watch whenever I watch anime. I just really like how they portray girls with superpowers instead of the usual male superheroes that we usually see on TV. Other people might find them to be a bit too childish, but like I said earlier, I have a different view on it.

So, here comes the question: What anime genre particularly interests you?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Furie likes this.
  2. Knightmare

Odd Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽214.5
    Horror for me, it doesn't tense or scare me at all compared to videogames but I still enjoy good old japanese stories.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I've actually been watching some anime recently, and I particularly like fantasy or shonen. Or both. Whatever works. XD

4. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    I like anime that are dark in theme and have a lot of action ;w;

5. KinokoKoneko

KinokoKoneko Bug Catcher

Heracross
    (Heracross)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.8
    I really enjoy slice of life anime, I find it really relaxing XD
    But honestly I'll watch anything if it has a good story, anything that can get me hooked from the first episode really :D

6. Skullbash

Skullbash I will become the Pirate King

Ralts ♂
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,895.3
    GS Ball ★★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I always find myself watching mostly ecchi anime. Although, I do like most any genre XD

7. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    I love casual/comedy types of anime. Things like Gochuumon and Saiki Kusuo are series I absolutely adore and can probably rewatch constantly. The former for its cuteness and relaxation aspect, the latter for the comedy. Then there's the obligatory mention of magical girls and idols. =') Some of my favorite overall series are Heartcatch Precure and Love Live. Both are dear to me.

8. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    Magical girls, adventure anime and a lil bit of horror here and there are my favourite genres to watch!
    I adore anime that explore different places the most though as well as the inhabitants that live there. Spose that's why I still enjoy the Pokémon anime as much as I do!

9. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    Mostly Magical Girl, but sometimes Shounen

10. Reckless

Reckless Won't take the easy road

PokéPoints:
    ₽666.6
    I love! Science fiction! Not so much mechs, but stuff that has like biological augmentation, mixed up with an interesting premise. Gungrave is one such example, though I am liking how animes tackle superheros in shows like One Punch Man and My Hero Academia.

11. DeleteAbsol

DeleteAbsol Absol-utely Bad

Pichu
    (Pichu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20.9
    Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    Honestly I prefer fantasy and action animes... don't know why but I like the magical elements present in them ^_^

12. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽799.0
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Epic adventure ones, which is why I'm such a sucker for Hunter X Hunter, and of course, One Piece (Ironically, I STILL haven't started Jojo). I love seeing all the different awesome places the writers and artists come up with, because when you're on an adventure around the world, the possibilities for creation are endless!

13. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    Not going to lie, I like to watch the anime related to romance. Not that kind of romance which cross the limit, of course! Believe it or not, many people like those ones, right?

14. Furie

Furie Black Belt

Slagros
    (Umbreon)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽60.9
    I love Magical Girl a lot but I don't like very many of them. To me it's the best idea ever but needs to be done right.

Now that I think about it I'm not very picky with genres in anime. I'll watch any anime that I think has good characters and plot and any genre can have those things.

15. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    Psychological and Horror is my kind. Word games, mind play, then one or two extremely significant deaths. It's addictive, trying to figure everything out.
    #MissingNo

16. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    I'm partial to fantasy and certain romance anime, but I like adventure and mystery too! I'm not a fan of things that are primarily action though because it gets boring after a while.

17. Skullbash

Skullbash I will become the Pirate King

Ralts ♂
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,895.3
    GS Ball ★★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    OnePiece is SSSSSSSUUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!

Furie likes this.
  18. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    I like mecha anime, primarily. To be honest, though, I don't really watch anime anymore, unless it's attached to a game that I like, like Persona 4 or Ace Attorney. It's just... gotten predictably boring as of late, like everyone's trying to do the same thing and ride the latest popularity wave.

19. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽799.0
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    SUUUUPPPER *Imitates robot noises* Wheeeeeen-KACHUNK. Wheeeeen-KACHUNK PRREZZ MY NOSE PLEASE ZZZT

20. VictoryStar34

SS Egg #1
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,103.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★
    WAN PEESU IS AMAZING.

I also like Puella Magi Madoka Magica (though it's a bit intense) cause FEELS