1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

What are some nuzlocke grinding strategies?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by sohrob101, Jun 20, 2017.

1. sohrob101

sohrob101 Destiny Draw!

PokéPoints:
    ₽80.7
    Hi, i'm new to the nuzlocke challenge, and so far I have been failing miserably with my challenges, getting full team wipes from just gym leaders alone. I do grind my Pokémon, but i'm not sure to what extent I should grind them up to. Do I grind them to the point where they are 5 or even 10 levels higher than my next gym battle, do I grind them to the point that exp gain in one route is no longer efficient? What strategies or rule of thumbs do you guys usually do when grinding your Pokémon for nuzlocke challenges? :(

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I usually try and level them up to be a few levels higher than the Gym Leaders' Pokémon, though I tend to focus more on the Pokémon that's super effective against my next challenge since it's too time-consuming to level up your entire team before a battle. If the wild Pokémon are giving me hardly any EXP, I often see that as a sign to move on.

There's a pretty neat trick in the 5th generation where you can get a lot of EXP from seeking out audinos in rustling grass, that's how I'm grinding up my team in my current Nuzlocke. You can also find audinos in ORAS in some of the mirage islands for extra grinding before the Elite Four.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Switch training usually helps out a lot for training in Nuzlockes. I usually am on par or even slightly below the next gym leader's ace.

4. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    KO'ing high exp Pokémon like Audino helped loads in my BW2 nuzlocke because they deal relatively little damage against you, but give extra exp compared to other wild Pokémon. All you have to do is run back and forth next to grass to encounter them almost always.