1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Anime/Manga What Are You Currently Watching/Reading?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Sanctuary, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    currently videos for sun and moon on youtube, most of it though is either old news or fan stuff that has absolutely NOTHING to do with the actual games.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Krieg

Krieg Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽36.2
    Currently reading Attack on Titan and Erased. Currently watching 91 Days.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. xKiYoMiNaTiONx

PokéPoints:
    ₽112.2
    Currently watching: Yuri!!! on Ice (currently airing)...and Momokuri (past season), Handa-san (past season), and Kono Bijutsubu ni wa mondai ga aru!

Currently reading: Fukigen na Mononokean and I skim Fairy Tail lol...

4. thunder2910

thunder2910 Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.6
    Just started watching Assassination Classroom

5. Grand Rizer

Grand Rizer PKMN Breeder

PokéPoints:
    ₽984.9
    currently reading berserk, my hero academia, opm, and mob psycho 100.

6. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    I started watching AC around this time, too!

I'm also watching One Piece on and off, but that's a really long series ;) Recently started and finished Nanbaka, which was honestly hilarious.

7. Reckless

Reckless Won't take the easy road

PokéPoints:
    ₽666.6
    *casually fetches a book from the pile that's been accumulating in my room* Mmmm it seems I've been trying to make a start on The Bloodline Feud by Charles Stross. I brought the entire Merchant Princess series, but I've haven't really had time to do much reading, boo. Read a lot of Dexter In The Dark by Jeff Lindsay before christmas, though, and I've been meaning to read through the Dragon Ball manga from start to finish too!

As for watching stuff? Eh, last movie I saw was Assassin's Creed (admittedly laughed for half of it, it was v. cool but quite ridiculous at certain stages), last anime I finished was One Punch Man and the only show I'm following atm is BBC's Sherlock.

8. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I've been reading this webcomic called "Super Secret" and OMG IS IT CUTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
    Highly recommend it. The girl is kind of a dunce, but the boy is too cute to pass up!

9. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    I'm currently reading Jojo Part 6. I just finished part 5 so i figured it's time to move on to the next part!

10. FireLucario

PokéPoints:
    ₽70.2
    I've started watching Interviews with Monster Girls which is actually REALLY cute and it has a Dullahan character in it, who I really like as a character.

I admit, I haven't watched much anime or read any manga in a while so I hope to continue watching more anime soon.

11. UnstoppableGamer

UnstoppableGamer Attention Seeker~

(Azelf)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,435.0
    Great Ball ★★Poké Ball ★Dome Fossil ★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★
    Not sure if this would go here :sweat:

But, what is everyone reading? Novel, graphic novel, anything~
    I'm personally reading Airframe by Michael Crichton. It's about a plane accident and the company trying to figure out what happened.

12. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I am starting to reread Fruits Basket, we watched the anime in anime cosplay club today, I havent seen it in so many years.... It brings back so much nostalgia.

13. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Moving it over to The Lounge, because Multimedia has more to do with TV/video and so on. Books aren't too far off, but they're a bit more general.

I myself have been reading through a book series known as The Dresden Files, by Jim Butcher. I've read through the first four thus far, as of this writing. It's about a private investigator in Chicago who also happens to be a professional wizard, keeping his eyes peeled out for creatures of all kinds of varieties and, essentially, keeping the magical world at bay. It's got a little bit of everything, despite mostly being mystery-based, and the parts blend together for a rather cohesive whole.

It's definitely adult fiction, but if any of you are willing to give it a try, go for it. Storm Front is the first book's title, if you need the starting point. They don't have to be read in order, but every so often a passing reference to a prior title slips in.

14. Reckless

Reckless Won't take the easy road

PokéPoints:
    ₽666.6
    Been thinking of picking up a new manga or graphic novel to read. Last one I really touched was the manga Jack The Ripper: Hellblade, which I need to finish actually. Also wanna buy Uncanny X-Force volume 1 omnibus soonish. Might get it for my birthday.

15. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    Lately been reading the classic Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain, kind of a trip with some antiquated language and an entertaining story.

16. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    I'm watching Azumanga Daioh. It's really funny and makes me happy to just sit back and watch.

17. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I'm currently reading Hamlet for my English class. I absolutely love and hate it at the same time. The wording is just so dramatic, but I love that Hamlet is the biggest emo kid in the world.

18. Hikari

Hikari Poké Maniac

Ryu
    (Trapinch)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽450.7
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Currently watching Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. Loving the theme!

I'm also reading Inheritance by Christopher Paolini. It's one of my favorite series (it's a reread). :P

19. Vanillite

Vanillite Cat Lady

PokéPoints:
    ₽139.4
    In the past couple of years, I have really dropped off of the anime/manga train. I don't really know if I can count myself as a fan if I only really like one series. Does that make me an anime fan?? Does one need to watch/read multiple series in order for it to count?? I don't know.

ANYWAYS, the series for me is Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. Probably posted about it before in here, but it's a series I'm still working on. A friend got me into it about a year ago, and I'm reading slowly through the series :) I love it very much! Have begun to collect merchandise of my favorite characters. Definitely check it out! Action packed and there are humorous moments.

20. Kuroshi Heki

PokéPoints:
    ₽193.3
    I am watching way too much right now but I guess consistently I'm only really watching Hell Girl and Akuma no Riddle.