1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

What are you hoping for in a Pokemon Switch version?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by colours, Jan 19, 2018.

1. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    So we already know that there will be a Pokémon main series game out on the Switch. After all, there's confirmation that USUM are the last 3DS main series games, which means that Game Freak is going to devote resources focusing on how they're going to develop for the Switch and have it doing well.

That said, what do you personally hope for/want to see in a Switch main series Pokémon game?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    what? No, I don't want to have to buy the Switch in order to play my favorite games. I'm Broke!! T_T

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Game Freak had to move on at some point. =( Couldn't stay on xDS handheld systems forever.

It was a nice 20 years while it lasted, though.

4. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    That still doesn't change the fact that I'm too broke to buy the Switch.

Rafael likes this.
  5. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Still doesn't change the fact that the 3DS is on its way out and the Switch is going to be Nintendo's focus for the next few years at the very least.

Personally, I am hoping to see a completely new region and roster, much like they did in gen 5. Also, a story that is more mature and in line with the older crowd. I might be also very curious to see if they can do something like giving us the freedom of BotW in regards to the gyms.

colours likes this.
  6. Rafael

Rafael Math Geek

Odd Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,073.8
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★
    Man I'm sad just thinking about how I have to buy a $300 console just to play Pokémon (cuz I'm not really interested in the other games so far).

Anyway, I'd love to see A NATIONAL DEX. There's literally nothing stopping them from implementing this on the Switch. Also, I hope they bring back the Battle Frontier in the next few games. I'm really disappointed that Gamefreak removed one of the best postgame features these past few gens in favor of an inferior Battle Tower.

Also, I'm not really betting on this one, but it would be great if they made proper cries for every Pokémon now. They already did Pikachu after all.

7. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    Crown of ValorDawn Stone ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    I'd love to see better graphics and the game finally not lagging in a DOUBLE BATTLE. Seeing a nice postgame would be nice as well as the Switch can probably hold a lot of data for that, and maybe give us a new region too? As much as I love Alola, it's getting stale...

8. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,943.7
    There are a few things I'd like to see.
    • Use Multi battles (double battle, triple battle, horde battle, etc.) more in the story.
    • Bring back having Pokémon follow you.
    • The return of the National Dex in the games proper. (Why do we have to check the Bank just to see the National Dex in Gen VII?)
    • More variation in character creation (different body types, facial details, etc.)
    • Wearable accessories for Pokémon.
    • The return of seals from Gen IV.

DemonicKraken likes this.
  9. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Personally, I just hope for something similar to Pokémon Colosseum and XD : Gale of Darkness from way back then, but that's really just me being a huge sucker for those games. They were one of the games that defined my childhood. :<

10. Lexatom

Lexatom Contributor

Mythical Egg
    (Celebi Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽46.5
    I really hope that it's somewhat an open world experience. I'll be fine if it's not Breath of the Wild levels of open world, but at least have it look something similar to that of the Poni Plains location in Gen 7.

11. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    I'm not sure if the very first main series games on the Switch will be as open world as some would hope for them for be. Perhaps down the line when Game Freak has more experience developing for the Switch, but I think my expectations are that we're going to get something similar in quality to what XY was when it was first released on the 3DS.

12. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,997.3
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    This pretty much, would love a more mature story and freedom of choice for gyms would be awesome the game could be make to scale and have different mons and such depending on when you battle x gym.

13. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Yes, that would be absolutely amazing if they were able to do that. It would make reruns of the game so much more fun.

14. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,997.3
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Yeah it would since you could make each run so different from the last heck you could even make a challenge out of it and have a RNG choose where you should go next, another thing I hope is that HMs will not return because that was seriously a blessing when Gen 7 rolled in.

15. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Indeed, HM Slaves were a pain to have to carry around and have Pokémon on your main team give up moves slots so you could continue the journey.

16. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,997.3
    Yeah especially since only a few of the HMs were actually useful, like Surf and to some extend Rock Climb with its decent power and chance to confuse.

Having a lot of options to customize your character is also something I'm really hoping for and no version exclusive clothes if they choose to still do 2 versions of the game as I just found it rather annoying that was an exclusive thing in the Gen 7 games.

17. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    I kinda want more styles in the customization, and I would prefer if not everything was there in every color or as bland as the clothes were in USUM.

18. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,997.3
    Yeah, something bold that stands out wouldn't be bad, I mean we had some of those in XY and I honestly liked wearing that more than the boring stuff when I weren't wearing black clothes.

More hair colors and hair style options is also high on my wish list since I'm a sucker for being able to do a lot with my character.

19. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    I want a few red colors for my character, and more shades of brown as well, and maybe some really weird colors.

20. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,997.3
    Yeah really we need some real anime colors, there's characters with green hair in the anime let us have green/blue/purple hair too if we want that Game Freak let us go nuts. natural colors are welcome too I wouldn't mind more reds and browns either since there's so many and maybe some of the lighter greys too.