1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

What are you playing?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by BiohazardSr, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    I'm having a Warriors-free weekend and sinking my teeth into Sonic Forces. I have to say, I'm really enjoying it! It's probably the most fun I've had on a 3D Sonic title since Sonic Heroes on Gamecube. Looking at online reception, I think its being rated rather unfairly, no doubt because Sonic Mania was released earlier this year, and 3D Sonic has a very bad reputation. But I think the shorter stages actually work in this game's favour, and the controls aren't so terrible as to be unplayable...mostly. There are one or two hiccups. Although given how short the stages are, this does not become a problem, at least for me. It also has Team Chaotix in it, so any argument against this game is automatically invalid for that...and Infinite is cool, OK? Liam O'Brien is one of the best dub voice actors in the business and he really sells it, despite how utter cringeworthy some of Infinite's lines are...especially with that theme song of his playing in the background.

Ironically, it's the 2D classic stages that let the game down; coming off of Mania, the controls don't feel as responsive as they should...this is especially ironic because it was the diabolical 3D special stages that let Mania down. The two styles do not mix together at all, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but this game would be better off without 2D Sonic in it. The need to make this like Generations is rather stifling when it does its own thing perfectly fine. As for the Furrsona thing...yeah, it's pretty cool. Customisation isn't as deep as it could be, but the game practically throws outfits at you every time you finish a stage or a mission, so you have plenty to choose from, and having each race get their own unique skill is a nice bonus...not that I've had much occasion to utilise my bird's double jump, but there we are.

Also started Dishonored: Death of the Outsider. I'm not sure what to expect from this one, honestly. I don't really feel as though Billie Lurk was ever given enough development to get her own game...she feels very throwaway compared to Daud, who has infamy already thanks to his role in the first game and his DLC. That he's a supporting character in this really does not help matters. But I'll see where it goes; I do love this series and more of it can never be a bad thing.

Also been playing Etrian Odyssey V this morning. Probably a bad idea, because I won't finish it in a week (especially not if I pick up Hyrule Warriors Legends again tomorrow) and I may be pulled away from it by Ultra Moon for a time, but I've been wanting to get into it...it ate up two hours of my morning somehow prior to my typing this, so that's a good sign. I love drawing maps.

I have a Mario Odyssey file on the go as well - I'm at Luncheon Kingdom at the moment - but I'm not making much time for that with Forces occupying my Switch. I'll come back to it when I'm done. It's only taking me this long because I'm scouring each kingdom for every purple coin before I move on to the next one, because I like costumes. As long as its done before Xenoblade Chronicles 2 comes out - a.k.a. sequel to the Greatest Game of All Time and the sole main reason I bought a Switch - it's fine. I've got lots of time yet.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. LyraTheBard

LyraTheBard Bug Catcher

Misdreavus
    (Misdreavus)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.8
    Fire Emblem is pretty cool, I love strategy games x3

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    Given up on Hyrule Warriors...I should be playing Fire Emblem Warriors. I will do soon. I just need a break from hacking and slashing.

Practically given up on Mario Odyssey, too. I'm at the Ruined Kingdom, but dare I say that the magic has worn off slightly? The prospect of gathering every Moon is daunting, because this has many of the irritations that have put me off Mario titles in the past - namely cheap jumps and horrid minigames, not to mention motion controls which are practically required for precision - and they're becoming more prominent the more I explore...I will endeavour to finish it, but once Skyrim comes, or once I pick up FE Warriors, that will probably be it. The first few stages were fantastic though.

At a bit of a loss with my PS4 right now, so I dug out my Wii U and I've started playing Metroid Prime. It's been a couple of years and I'm really in the mood for it all of a sudden. I need something to tide me over until Xenoblade, and that fits the bill nicely. But god, the controls are awkward sometimes...when I find the right spot I'm fairly comfortable, but finding that right spot is a task in and of itself. Lots of losing signal, hopeless spinning, and general idiocy going on. At least it's not Skyward Sword though, I suppose.

Handheld-wise, I do have Ultra Moon to be getting on with - or should that be "endure"; after the disaster that was Moon I am very apprehensive - but I'm mostly playing Etrian Odyssey V. Third stratum, 14th floor, grinding into oblivion and now I'm around level 45 with everyone. I've heard lots of horror stories about the 15F boss and considering how nasty FOEs have been in this game I really do not want to be caught unawares. I'm...moderately confident, I suppose. I have to admit, I like this feeling of vulnerability, which is something I rarely ever experience in RPGs these days on account of how easy they are. Grinding alone doesn't solve EOV's problems, so that's nice. I think the last game I played where grinding didn't make a difference was Xenoblade, and that was only because it was so anti-grind that it was practically impossible to be more than 3 levels or so higher than the next boss...

4. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    @Zeria

Sonic Forces I've seen is a pretty fun game - it does have its hiccups, and it's not an amazing game, but it definitely isn't bad by any means. I know a friend who has it and I've watched him play through the whole thing, and I can safely say that the Custom Character stages are generally the best part of the game, because of how much fun you can have (though that's probably due to the Custom Character having a grappling hook and a gun - and you get plenty of opportunities to blow things up, so what's not to like?) with customisation, various paths to take, and just goofing around with the wardrobe function.

I agree that the 2D stages are really clunky, though. I'm not even sure why Classic Sonic is in that game; he isn't plot-relevant and he controls like a rock. Thankfully, the other stages more than make up for that, and I very much like the idea of a boss fight that makes it trickier for you if you get hit.

The 15F boss isn't too bad, but it's a boss where you definitely have to play smart. That said, it is a boss fight that rewards you for doing so, because if you do play smart, you won't get hit all that often. I went into that boss fight and I went through most of it without much worry; I only got hurt badly once, and that near the end - and I could still recover from that pretty easily. My advice is to just play smart and do your best, and you should come out fine.

5. Hikari

Hikari Poké Maniac

Ryu
    (Trapinch)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽450.7
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    ...I’m just playing Final Fantasy XV. I got the game a while ago, but I’m still on Chapter 3. ^^’

6. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,794.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Pokémon Ultra Sun and Moon like half the forum, also still playing Final Fantasy XIV because I have a addiction. I'm def hooked on the mentioned games I do plan on moving on to FFXV eventually so I can finish what people have told me is an awesome game.

Also Playing Persona 5, just gotta find the time to finish it since is a really good game imo.

7. Tepig

Tepig The Talking Tepig

Fire Nation
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽595.9
    Assault Vest ★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★
    I really want to plau PUBG, so I've been training for it with it's little sibling: Fortnite. The only real thing I hate about it is the building feature. It's good for making a ramp to a hidden chest, but when you get to a gunfight, and you get first shots in, the other player often just spams walls, making it impossible to get a shot until they're ready, and COMPLETELY RUINING MY AMBUSH!

8. Hikari

Hikari Poké Maniac

Ryu
    (Trapinch)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽450.7
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I’ve been playing Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp. Nothing else for me to play, really.

9. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    I've been juggling Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim on Switch. The latter I am actually really getting into this time - playing it undocked makes a huge difference to me for some reason. Or maybe it was just really unpolished on PS3 and the years have made it a little better. The former...the former is pretty bad, honestly. The narrative is lacklustre, the soundtrack is sub-par, and the characters are mostly bland. The RNG anti-save scumming approach to Rare Blades? Not cool. But the visuals are gorgeous and I still have a fair way to go with it yet, so maybe it'll surprise me. But it doesn't hold a candle to the original really, and it's not the game I had hoped it was going to be.

10. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    Pokémon X, for my wonderlocke! I'm having such a blast- it's my first time having so much fun in Gen VI.

11. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I'm trying to find some time (whenever I'm not at work, sleeping, or on LV) to make room to play through Etrian Odyssey Untold. I had to get a 2DS because my old 3DS can't stay on anymore, and EOU was a digital download (thus I lost the data), so I am starting over from scratch.

Trying a team on Classic Normal. It's been the first time I've played Classic in an Untold game, and I'm finding the experience pretty fun (despite the fact I've only just finished B1F up). Also, I know I would never play Classic willingly in EO1U otherwise (because I only get 1 save), so I might as well get it out of the way now, right?

12. Hikari

Hikari Poké Maniac

Ryu
    (Trapinch)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽450.7
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I’ve been playing some Fez on my phone. It’s pretty fun! :)

13. Rezna

Rezna Every Day's Great at Your Junes!

Why do eggs break ffree
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽35.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Water Stone ★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Currently I am playing Halo Wars 2, trying to finish the campaign. I wanted to complete MM3D and Pokémon Ultra Moon, but my 3DS just broke. I’m selling my games except those two. I know they won’t get me enough for a new 3DS, but I rarely play them anyways. I have to say bye to all my data I ever had on Pokémon Shuffle. I was obsessed with that. I’m also keeping Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire since I have them both. I lost Pokémon moon so don’t know what to do with that.
    Halo reach, halo 4, halo 3 and Halo 5 I’m also playing.

Attached Files:

BraviaryScout likes this.
  14. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Playing BotW, Xenoblade 2, FE Warriors, and also Pokémon US. I have a lot to do, and I am loving it.

AeroHail likes this.
  15. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    Still trying to get through Ultra Sun. I'm super behind. I really want to be finishing BOTW and starting the new To The Moon game but I don't have the time hhhhh!

Morgaine likes this.
  16. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    I'm playing some Madden made by the lovely folks over at EA sports.

17. Hikari

Hikari Poké Maniac

Ryu
    (Trapinch)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽450.7
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I’m playing Minecraft on my PC, having some fun.

18. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    The FE Warriors DLC is taking me alive, help......

19. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,644.3
    I'm shuffling back and forth between Ultra Sun, Breath of the Wild, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Tomb Raider Anniversary and Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2.

20. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    Overwatch, and lots of it. Trying to get the Beachrat skin ;w; And X as well, for my wonderlocke. Soon, hopefully, I'll be playing Ultra Sun!