1. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

What are you playing?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by BiohazardSr, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cure Melody
    (Meloetta Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,402.1
    Oh boy, here we go. I have my fingers in too many pies right now.

- Luigi's Mansion on 3DS. I'm getting Luigi's Mansion 3 for Christmas, and it occurred to me that, not only do I no longer own the first two games, but it's been seventeen years since I played the first on the Gamecube, and I never finished the second before I sold it for funds for...something. God knows what. SO. I bought them the other day and I've been playing through the first, slowly. I'm up to Area 3 right now, wandering around, internally panicking that I won't get 130 million in cash for the S Rank Mansion whilst simultaneously not really giving a crap and just enjoying the relaxing change of pace from the excessive RPG grinding I've been doing recently. It's a wonderful trip down memory lane that isn't QUITE as good as I remember it being, but is still pretty great for the most part...I could do without Boos disappearing through walls between sections of the mansion, forcing me to travel up and down floors to reach them. The C Stick is also a pain in the backside to use. But yeah, I'm enjoying it!

- Atelier Ryza, although I might drop this. It's not EXACTLY boring, but it's a very slow burn and I don't have the patience for it right now. The alchemy system is interesting, but honestly I strongly dislike the combat - it's a countdown ATB gauge that doesn't pause for actions so it's...stressful. As someone who prefers a more methodic approach rather than a mindless "Crap I hope this works!" approach, it doesn't really sit right with me. Plus there's no English voice acting and I'm having trouble really connecting with the characters. Ehhhhh. Maybe this is one for next year. I do want to play through all the Atelier titles from Rorona up to Ryza (hoping Sophie and Firis will hit Switch too so I can do them all on that) so maybe shelving it and focusing on other ventures is a good plan.

- The Switcher 3: Wild Hunt. FINALLY. I've actually had this game on my PS4 backlog since it released, and I am just now getting around to it. I'm actually really looking forward to it, because getting a Switch copy has bumped it up to the top of my priority list. Only just started so no real thoughts as of yet.

- Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate...yes, still. I will not rest until I have a complete guild card. Which means I am in for a lot of suffering, because I still need 21 small crowns and they mostly have a 6% chance of appearing. Siiiigh. Thankfully I've done all the deviant monsters, so I never have to look at them again, ever. Well, until I decide I want to do all the EX variants for a large crown next to my name. But it's not so bad really...as long as I get a good room.

- Disney Classics Aladdin/Lion King. My childhood! Well, Aladdin was, I didn't play Lion King until I was a little older, but damn these have aged...interestingly. They're short enough to finish in a couple of hours, but they're ridiculously, savagely brutal. No wonder I never completed Aladdin without cheats when I was a kid, I am making liberal use of the rewind function in later levels. The music is so good, though! They definitely made the right call putting the Megadrive versions at the front and center, because they are definitely the superior versions. Licensed music will always win out.

- The Walking Dead: The Final Season. Been streaming this series with my partner for a while, and it's been nice to play this after season 3 turned out to be so mediocre. Coming to an end of it now I believe, which sucks. I really wish Telltale had made more games, because I've played most of their series now and I am starved for more. A season 3 of Batman definitely wouldn't go amiss.

...expect me to be playing The Grisaia Trilogy and Disgaea 4+ over the next few days too. I had files on Assasin's Creed Origins and Farcry 5 I probably won't come back to anytime soon. I am DYING to replay Ys VIII. I am in a gaming mood right now. Urgh.