1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

What are you playing?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by BiohazardSr, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    Oh boy, here we go. I have my fingers in too many pies right now.

- Luigi's Mansion on 3DS. I'm getting Luigi's Mansion 3 for Christmas, and it occurred to me that, not only do I no longer own the first two games, but it's been seventeen years since I played the first on the Gamecube, and I never finished the second before I sold it for funds for...something. God knows what. SO. I bought them the other day and I've been playing through the first, slowly. I'm up to Area 3 right now, wandering around, internally panicking that I won't get 130 million in cash for the S Rank Mansion whilst simultaneously not really giving a crap and just enjoying the relaxing change of pace from the excessive RPG grinding I've been doing recently. It's a wonderful trip down memory lane that isn't QUITE as good as I remember it being, but is still pretty great for the most part...I could do without Boos disappearing through walls between sections of the mansion, forcing me to travel up and down floors to reach them. The C Stick is also a pain in the backside to use. But yeah, I'm enjoying it!

- Atelier Ryza, although I might drop this. It's not EXACTLY boring, but it's a very slow burn and I don't have the patience for it right now. The alchemy system is interesting, but honestly I strongly dislike the combat - it's a countdown ATB gauge that doesn't pause for actions so it's...stressful. As someone who prefers a more methodic approach rather than a mindless "Crap I hope this works!" approach, it doesn't really sit right with me. Plus there's no English voice acting and I'm having trouble really connecting with the characters. Ehhhhh. Maybe this is one for next year. I do want to play through all the Atelier titles from Rorona up to Ryza (hoping Sophie and Firis will hit Switch too so I can do them all on that) so maybe shelving it and focusing on other ventures is a good plan.

- The Switcher 3: Wild Hunt. FINALLY. I've actually had this game on my PS4 backlog since it released, and I am just now getting around to it. I'm actually really looking forward to it, because getting a Switch copy has bumped it up to the top of my priority list. Only just started so no real thoughts as of yet.

- Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate...yes, still. I will not rest until I have a complete guild card. Which means I am in for a lot of suffering, because I still need 21 small crowns and they mostly have a 6% chance of appearing. Siiiigh. Thankfully I've done all the deviant monsters, so I never have to look at them again, ever. Well, until I decide I want to do all the EX variants for a large crown next to my name. But it's not so bad really...as long as I get a good room.

- Disney Classics Aladdin/Lion King. My childhood! Well, Aladdin was, I didn't play Lion King until I was a little older, but damn these have aged...interestingly. They're short enough to finish in a couple of hours, but they're ridiculously, savagely brutal. No wonder I never completed Aladdin without cheats when I was a kid, I am making liberal use of the rewind function in later levels. The music is so good, though! They definitely made the right call putting the Megadrive versions at the front and center, because they are definitely the superior versions. Licensed music will always win out.

- The Walking Dead: The Final Season. Been streaming this series with my partner for a while, and it's been nice to play this after season 3 turned out to be so mediocre. Coming to an end of it now I believe, which sucks. I really wish Telltale had made more games, because I've played most of their series now and I am starved for more. A season 3 of Batman definitely wouldn't go amiss.

...expect me to be playing The Grisaia Trilogy and Disgaea 4+ over the next few days too. I had files on Assasin's Creed Origins and Farcry 5 I probably won't come back to anytime soon. I am DYING to replay Ys VIII. I am in a gaming mood right now. Urgh.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    So I'm playing a fair bit of Rocket League which is pretty freaking hard but is getting a lot better. Neat little game.
    I'm also playing some Spiderman!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,997.3
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I've been playing Monster Hunter World: Iceborne a lot recently. Decided yesterday that I wanted to get the platinum trophy for the base game so I've been killing monsters I don't have gold crown small and large sizes registered for yet.

4. Leviper04

OLAF
    (Regice)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽81.5
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I've recently been playing a bit in the PC gaming market (since I don't have an switch and my only other console is the Wii U and my 2ds...) so these are an few games I've dabbled with from there

Risk of Rain 2: This game is one where I had no clue what on earth I was getting myself into, but then an friend showed me it (by legit buying it for me and saying let's play this) and no I've had a lot of fun learning the mechanics and messing around with it (still not good enough to do the hardest difficulty tho for the sweet skins you get for beating it xD)

Minecraft: Welp, the old classic that is somehow topping the most sold video game charts found it's way into my computer, and honestly, from how many world I have created on my tablet version, I have never done an true survival world, so that is what I have been working on (that and maybe mods)

deltarune: Why? Because I love this game, and also I wanna practice the jevil speedrun :3

SMG1 and SMG2: Some of my favorite games of all time, and also I like speedrunning them.

Rivals of Aether: I have an friend who I play way to much of this game with xD that is why.

Super Smash Flash 2: I recently got back into my first ever smash game (even tho it wasn't even an nintendo made smash game) and with the new update with WALUIGI, and ryu and rayman and krystal...etc... I have been having a BLAST, especially since I have an friend who is new to smash, so I can show them the ropes through this game.

5. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,943.7
    I just finished Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth, and have moved on to the sequel, Hacker's Memory. It's interesting seeing how the plot connects to the first game, plus there are quite a few gameplay improvements that probably should have been carried over back into the original for the collection (such as being able to increase running speed).

6. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,410.7
    I just completed my first game of the year in Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War. Now I advance to the "midquel" of Genealogy: Thracia 776. Has a reputation for being a hard game, but I actually really like it so far.

I'm also playing a bit of God of War and Sonic Mania on the side. Also got into Monster Hunter World thanks to Hero and Hrae!

7. Weedle Enthusiast

Weedle Enthusiast Resident Weedle Enthusiast

Best Boi
    (Charjabug)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽57.8
    Crown of ValorDome Fossil ★★★
    While I can't continue it until I either get my own console or visit family that is 15 hours away, I really enjoyed playing Monster Hunter World recently. I have been kinda working through Generations on a friends switch occasionally, but it doesn't scratch the itch to play World very much. I also am partway through my second Nuzlocke of Sword and Shield, but got a little burnt out on it, just from general school stress. I've barely been playing games the past couple weeks though, choosing to watch YouTube instead

8. kindred

kindred Collector

friend
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽205.8
    As of right now? I’ve been playing a bunch of games but mostly been focused on.. the Sonic Rush series? I recently finished the first one and am in the progress of playing through Sonic Rush Adventure. It’s a bit different from the first but so far I like it.

9. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeRocky Helmet ★★★★★Staff of VerityExp. Share ★★
    Luigis Mansion 3

Super Mario Bros Deluxe

Apollo Justice

10. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    I recently started playing republic commando. I bought it on steam years ago as part of a sale because I heard it was good and never got around to playing it. I like it so far. Its really fun, but not easy. I hope to continue to have fun with this game

Laserdragon14 likes this.
  11. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,410.7
    My time is largely being balanced between Fire Emblem: Three Houses Verdant Wind Maddening, Fire Emblem Thracia 776, a rom hack called Fire Emblem Justice and Pride, God of War, and Spyro the Dragon. This is intermingled with my usual casual games in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Star Wars Battlefront II, and Madden. Shadow of the Colossus will be my game of choice after God of War and Persona 5 Royal.

12. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,293.6
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Currently playing Destiny 2 on PC, Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair and Pokémon Shield on Switch.

Working on finishing as many games as I can this 2020!

13. YoshiPikaPlayer

PokéPoints:
    ₽2,750.7
    Just Playing Half-Life Opposing Force, this is one of the best expansions for Half-Life i bought from Steam along with other Half-Life Games, still good enough for me at least. :)

14. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    Kirby: Star Allies

I plan to try completing OoT after Kirby if the quarantine is still going on.

15. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,997.3
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Monster Hunter World, trying to get the platinum trophy for the base game right now. Will probably try get it for Iceborne too but one step at the time, first the base game.

Been playing Temtem at times as well, just been progressing through the story so far. Is a huge grind so progress is really slow.

16. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I'm playing Starcraft 1 rn. Nostalgia is hitting me hard as I'm playing it. X3

17. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,997.3
    Splatoon 2, been playing that way too much since the special demo.

18. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I've started playing some games of Civilization 5 again, along with some Magic The Gathering: Arena

19. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    Weirdly, Minecraft. My friends started getting back into minecraft and even got a server to host a multiplayer. Now I spend most of my free time on that server.

20. Banshee

Banshee Pokémon Professor

Gregg the Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽62.1
    I've been bouncing between Pokémon Shield and Let's Go Pikachu! As well as Animal Crossing, Destiny, and Borderlands 3.

So many games. So little time. XD