1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

What are you playing?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by BiohazardSr, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,269.2
    I just finished yet another run of Donkey Kong Country 2 (it only takes me about an hour and a half these days). Otherwise, I have been slowly progressing through the insanely long game that is Red Dead Redemption 2. I also have been making some progress in Bravely Default II.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    Too much. Send help.

Right now I am juggling...

Voice of Cards: The Forsaken Maiden (Switch) - I am a huge fan of Yoko Taro's works. I was a fan before NieR catapulted the man into well-deserved infamy, and I enjoyed The Isle Dragon Roars quite a bit when I finally got around to it...earlier this month. I'm playing the second title in the series immediately because of this. It's more of the same and I am totally fine with that, although the narrative is more intriguing and the narrator a bit less so. I'm not a huge fan of Todd Haberkorn but I have to admit he did a great job as the narrator in the first game, and the new one in this is a bit too...peppy, for my tastes. Still, fun stuff.

Monark (Switch) - I got this a week early, so I'm playing it now despite not really having time for it. But it has ENGLISH DUB. I wasn't expecting that at all - I'm sure I would have found out if I'd bothered to watch any trailers or play the demo, but once I decide I want something, I shut out all news on it - and I love how they actually put the effort in. Thus far it's pretty great. Reminds me a bit of The Caligula Effect...the sequel of which I still need to play. Somewhen.

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair (Switch) - I like having a VN on the go, and this is my current one. Honestly, replaying this series has been a bit of a slog...I mean, they're fairly good stories, but only when you take them on a chapter-by-chapter basis. As a whole...yeah, it doesn't hold up very well. Mostly because Junko is such a rubbish antagonist. The second game is by far the best in the series excluding Ultra Despair Girls (I despise the third game with every fibre of my being for its ending) and I'm kinda enjoying it, but knowing how it all turns out and how awful the last couple of chapters are is depressing. I think this is probably a series that is best experienced once and once only.

Aspire: Ina's Tale (Switch) - I picked this up out of curiosity a while ago and...yeah, if not for the fact that it's so short I would have dropped it by now. The puzzles are pretty straightforward, which is good, but the controls are absolutely awful. I've gotten stuck at multiple points because of input lag or just input refusal to work. The narrative does nothing for me either. Need to get this cleared up so I can focus on better things.

Horizon: Forbidden West (PS5) - Still early days in this, seeing as how I only got it yesterday and was reluctant to play too much because I couldn't find a definitive answer about PS4 import data. Turns out you CAN import your save, so I could have played more. Ah well. It's very...sequel. I really hope it establishes its own identity sooner rather than later because I can barely remember playing the original. Hard to believe it was 5 years ago now...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,794.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Final Fantasy XIV: When am I not playing this? Mainly just waiting for new content so doing weekly stuff and leveling classes still not maxed out.
    Pokémon Legends Arceus: Doing dex filling, so much dex filling.
    Angry Alligator: Grinding for exp so I can do the next story quest, I think I'm close to the second boss.
    Pokémon Black: More nuzlocke because I can't help myself.

4. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    Pokémon Crystal: I'm prepping for the E4 and trying to work with the limited TMs I have pre-kanto (as I have no plans to continue into Kanto).
    Pokémon Snap: Stuck at the last Ruins section and don't know how to complete the puzzle, lol
    Monster Hunter World: Haven't touched in a while, but about to send a ship into the air

Next on the list: Psychonauts 2, Mother 3 (once bf is done with Earthbound), Golden Sun (bf has been begging me to play this for years after I rage quit 30 mins in before)

Later on potentials: Tattletail (bought this when it came out but chickened out as I don't do horror games very well, but this might be ok to stream and scream with bf), American McGee's Alice (M rated game, but i played the sequel and want to try the first one. Hard to find, may have to buy a scalped copy or ask a friend to get a download >.>; )

5. Shadria

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    update
    Currently Playing:
    Mother 3 (on the second to last chapter, this game is amazingly more strategy needing than Earthbound so I have to play everything pretty smart!)
    On the Waiting List:
    Pokémon Snap (still stuck as I've been focusing on Mother 3)
    Monster Hunter World (working on getting my pc set up better, new desk, chair, audio splitter for headset so I can't play even if I wanted to)
    Golden Sun (paused for Mother 3, not sure if I want to continue it)
    Psychonauts 2
    Potentials:
    Tattle Tail
    American McGee's Alice

6. Wizard

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,269.2
    (CRAP I FORGOT I WAS PLAYING BRAVELY DEFAULT II)

My effort to do some damage control on my backlog has continued. I recently beat DKC Returns and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations. In their place, I am currently playing Sonic Mania and Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney. Additionally, I'm playing through Kirby and the Forgotten Land with my roommate. I am also nearly done with Triangle Strategy.

Bravely Default II and Horizon Forbidden West are currently on the backburner. I'm tackling too many games at once lol.

7. Skdebop

Arcoos
    (Arceus)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽71.5
    I'm playing a silly little game called yo kai watch for the 4th time in my life

8. Shadria

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Currently Playing:
    Pokémon Black- I'm doing this as a side thing as I can't do Mother 3 as much anymore
    Mother 3- I can only play (ie Stream) this on Fridays and Saturdays now as my bf got a job Mon-Fri and 1 weekend (he aims for Sun) ^^''

On Pause:
    Pokémon Snap
    Monster Hunter World
    Golden Sun
    Psychonauts 2

9. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I’m now playing Monster Hunter Stories 2 and I’m loving every minute of it (despite how the silent protagonist sometimes gets on my nerves)

10. Shadria

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Mother 3 has concluded. I cried. I laughed so hard voicing Porky that I hurt my throat and started coughing for real (which made my bf laugh lol). It was quite the ride. I'm glad we got to do the Mother trilogy together.

Currently Playing:
    Pokémon Black- About to take on Burgh, the game is harder than I remember, and slower too (although that might be me using the space bar to turbo speed VBA roms).
    Golden Sun- I'm not feeling it but will admit I haven't given the game enough time as I seriously only have 2-3 team members when there's like 4+?? Will play on stream with bf as he knows this game extremely well and is the one wanting me to play.

Backlog:
    Pokémon Snap
    Monster Hunter World
    Psychonauts 2

11. Infernostar

Infernopaw
    (Quilava)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,684.5
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Got a few going on since I have downtime between LPs

Mother 3: Just finished Chapter 6, aka "OH GOD WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO THE POOR BOY" The Chapter.
    Wargroove: This game kicks your ass even on medium, Im a bit into the 4th act and theres so much to keep track of during battles.
    Sly Cooper 2: Band of Thieves: Slow but steady progress here, have begun setup for the 2nd heist of the game.

12. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,229.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    I’m mostly playing Atelier Ryza and Atelier Sophie. They’re such pleasant escapes from the real world. Aside from Dragon Quest I can’t think of another JRPG series that is quite as relaxing.

13. Katanaeyegaming

Katanaeyegaming #FEARTHEWYVERN

Darklit
    (Liepard)
    Level 44
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,810.3
    Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    currently just messing around with various games in my steam library.

14. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,620.6
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    I played Miitopia again a few days ago, still amazing :D I'm way more attached to my party than on 3DS too, so after I beat the final boss who knows how far into the postgame I'll go this time!

15. LassusVulpes

LassusVulpes Eclipse Holder

THE BIGGEST FLEX
    (Giratina (Origin))
    Level 55
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,827.6
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    As i'm not supposed to have internet, i've been playing a lot of offline games as cover up.

I've been mostly been playing DIsgaea 5, and Witcher 3

16. Shadria

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Currently Playing:
    Golden Sun- It took 7 in-game hours but it's kicked up very well. I did have a bit of a rage moment over a puzzle I'm currently stuck on. We (me and BF) agreed it'd be best for me to use save states on this timing-based puzzle when I get back to it.
    Pokémon Black- It took the side for a while but I have beaten Burgh and am planning to continue on tonight. I rage quit and lost 2 hours of gameplay (including the first Burgh win) because the fossil guy does NOT give you a confirming Yes/No option on the fossils and I grabbed the wrong one.

On the Backlog:
    Pokémon Snap
    MHW
    Psychonauts 2

Maybes:
    Tattletail
    American McGee's Alice
    American McGee's Alice: Madness Returns (it's back on Steam for $20)

17. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,229.2
    I picked up The Outer Wilds again to work on the DLC. It’s still one of my favorite games. The new areas really add some nice variety.

18. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,229.2
    I also got into Valkeria Chronicles again after dropping it for two years. The game is quite easy, but the combat system itself is interesting. It also looks incredible for a PS3 remaster. The developers went with an anime watercolor look that has aged well.

Laserdragon14 likes this.
  19. Wizard

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,269.2
    April update time!

The main game I'm playing right now is Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga. Currently, I am shooting for that juicy 100% completion status. I've completed The Phantom Menace, beaten all episodes through The Force Awakens, and collected a fair number of Kyber Bricks from the various planets. There is a ton to do, and I'm all here for it.

My roommate and I are getting close to being done with the Kirby and the Forgotten Land postgame. We are also looking to complete this game eventually too.

Triangle Strategy is kind of on hiatus. I'm pretty close to the end (chapter 15), but the last chapter was so stinking hard for me that I am taking a break.

Horizon Forbidden West re-entered the backburner once I got Lego Star Wars. It is a fun enough game, but it is not going to get precedence over some of these other titles.

20. Infernostar

Infernopaw
    (Quilava)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,684.5
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Skies of Arcadia Legends: I do not know how to describe this game other than just...Awesome. It hits right in all the best ways, a great world, cast, battle system, theres nothing here I havent thoroughly enjoyed. And it just makes me hate Sega more for doing a Sega and ignoring all IPs that arent named Japanese Mob or Pothead the Porcupine
    Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age Definitive Edition S: Slowly trying to progress in this one. Have got up to 4 party members now so at least am making palpable progress, will hopefully get more serious once I finish Skies first.