1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

What are you playing?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by BiohazardSr, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    Currently Playing:
    Pokémon Black: I reached Celestial Tower today. Game has been going a bit slow, both from it lagging and me having little motivation to play
    Monster Hunter World: I haven't played in 2 months so I'm rusty and getting back into it.
    Golden Sun: Lost Age: I'm finishing Golden Sun on stream with my bf when we can. It's got that same slow sluggy-ness of the first half of Golden Sun 1 but I know it's gonna get better/I want to see the storyline through. 4 djinns minutes into the game does help a bit.
    On Backlog:
    Pokémon Snap -forgot about, stuck on that puzzle still
    Kirby Star Allies -forgot about
    Tattletail -maybe still. I've had it for years and only played for a few minutes..
    Alice: Madness Returns -still need to buy
    Psychonauts 2 -will be streamed after Golden Sun 2

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Katanaeyegaming

Katanaeyegaming #FEARTHEWYVERN

Darklit
    (Liepard)
    Level 44
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,810.3
    Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    Playing a fair bit of smash ultimate plus all of the monster hunter.

3. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,446.0
    Lego Star Wars decided to start being a buggy mess that would no longer let me progress in completing the main story, so I had to push it aside. Here is hoping that the game-breaking bugs will be gone eventually. This is a complete shame, especially considering I surpassed the 60% completion mark.

Since I dropped Lego Star Wars, I had a void in my gaming lineup. I could have filled this void with one of many games that I've been pushing off such as Triangle Strategy, Horizon Forbidden West, or even Bravely Default II. Instead, I have immersed myself in the world of Elden Ring! I played about 5 hours of Dark Souls a couple months back to orient myself for this game; that has paid off immensely. There is so much to do and so much to see in the various regions. Although the game is hard, it feels like the game has given me a ton of tools to accomplish anything I want/need to. This is a hard recommend, and I cannot wait to put another 50+ hours into this game.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    I'm playing Shin Megami Tensei Digital Devil Saga. It's basically SMT Nocturne, but tolerable. The dungeons aren't confusing mazes, the encounter rate is actually reasonable, and the difficulty feels balanced (for now). This game is often looked down on the SMT community for being easier, but I'm honestly okay with that. It gives me the chance of enjoying the game instead of grinding at overpowered bosses.

I'm also replaying Dragon Quest 11 while playing 5 and 6 for the first time. College has made me crave therapeutic and relaxing games. For the most part these games do the trick. They all have charming characters and excellent enemy design. 5 and 7 are probably my least favorite because they're bad at directing the player and have a fair amount of grinding. Although this series at its worst is still better than a lot of games.

Lastly I've been playing Final Fantasy 8 and Chrono Cross on my PS2. Both games are criminally over-hated. They try something different with their turn based combat and I respect that. Final Fantasy 8 also has one of the best soundtracks in the series. I'd love to hear some of these songs remixed someday (Sadly the "remaster" did not).

5. Shadria

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Currently:
    Pokémon Black: 7 badges in and got the team all together finally.
    Golden Sun Lost Age: Still slogging along gameplay wise but story's keeping me going
    Monster Hunter World Iceborne: Main file is HR 9 and just ran into Odoragon. I started a second file for Gunner practice, and it's at the Pukei Pukei urgent mission
    Psychonauts 2: At the final point of no return, will likely have it completed tomorrow.

Backlog:
    Pokémon Snap
    Kirby Star Allies
    Alice Madness Returns
    Tattletail

6. Shadria

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    It's been a while, no?
    Since then, I've beaten Psychonauts 2 and Alice Madness Returns.
    Currently Playing:
    Pokémon Black- in Victory Road, this game got sidelined for a while, oops.
    Golden Sun Lost Age- Further in, gameplay isn't as sloggy but omg why did they NOT bring in fast travel??
    Monster Hunter World Iceborn- HR 13, just got the Nergiante quest. Starting to slow down on this game but it's fun for multiplayer stuff.
    Kirby 64- Just hit Aqua Star, gonna try to 100%
    Backlog:
    Pokémon Snap
    Kirby Star Allies
    Tattletail
    Spyro 1

7. Wizard

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,446.0
    Unfortunately, Lego Star Wars no longer is allowing me to progress in the main story. I can't even beat the game due to a bug. Considering the game is really fun when this works, Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga has turned out to be an absolute embarrassment when it comes to bugs.

As some of you know, I beat Elden Ring a couple of weeks ago! I've since beaten Super Mario 3D World and Bowser's Fury. I hope to 100% Bowser's Fury here soon.

I'm trying to finish Triangle Strategy, but I may not be motivated enough to for a little while. I put in so much effort on the last chapter I played; it honestly feels like I've already beaten the game because of it. As it turns out, I have like four chapters left.

The Fire Emblem: Three Hopes demo is really promising. It has been a couple of years since my last visit to Fodlan, and I feel ready and excited to revisit the world and see what this new story has to offer. Here's hoping that I don't burn out of the Warriors gameplay after 15 hours like I did with both Persona 5 Strikers and Age of Calamity.

8. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,046.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Monster Hunter Ruse Sunbreak, currently making my way through the story while still regularly getting distracted by optional quests.

9. Katanaeyegaming

Darklit
    (Liepard)
    Level 44
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,810.3
    Sunbreak and smash ultimate for the most part with some other playthroughs sprinkled in

10. Infernostar

Infernopaw
    (Quilava)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,978.7
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    A lot, as usual.

Sigma Star Saga on GBA, Dragon Quest XI on Switch, some GG Strive on Steam and replayed Pokémon Crystal on my original cart.

11. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,707.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Nonograms for me. Like Minesweeper, it's simple yet addicting.

Edit: Also, Pokémon Moon. It's for a challenge event in another site.

#671 Oct 7, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2022
    Neb likes this.
  12. Wizard

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,446.0
    Okay, I'm playing through too many games right now. Here we go:

First, I finally dropped Horizon Forbidden West. This game is, frankly, a massive disappointment in my eyes. I really liked Zero Dawn, and this game didn't improve on that game in any meaningful way.

I started DOOM Eternal earlier this week. The first level was already pretty tough, so I'm anticipating this game to challenge me even more than DOOM (2016) did. It had a pretty great opening level at least. DOOM rocks.

I also began Yakuza Kiwami on the same day as DOOM because I wanted something a little more laid back to play through. Yakuza's ability to change its tone on a dime is such a boon. Other than the boss fights taking forever, I think this game is very promising so far. (0 is the only game I've played in the series so far, for context.)

Chicory: A Colorful Tale is a cute game in its own right. The gameplay is really unique, and the story is solid. I did get lost in this game, so it may be a minute before I pick it back up.

I'm also somewhere in the middle of Pokémon Ranger. This game is pretty cool, but it isn't gripping me too much. It's still a worthwhile game though, and I hope to beat it this time through.

Splatoon 3's campaign has been mostly dull to me so far, but I'm slowly making my way through it. I'll finish it... eventually. Maybe. You can't make me.

I was in the middle of playing New Super Mario Bros. 2, but I dropped it because the game doesn't have the mid-air spin that I like abusing to speed through levels. Lame.

Hmmm what else was there? There couldn't possibly be other games I started this year and completely abandoned... right?

Triangle Strategy? Oops. I have been procrastinating the last two chapters for like 7 months. Bravely Default II? Uhhhhhhhhhh crap. I'll hopefully revisit these... one day.

13. Katanaeyegaming

Darklit
    (Liepard)
    Level 44
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,810.3
    I still need to finish my xenoblade 1 replay and a few other things but that comes first.

14. Infernostar

Infernopaw
    (Quilava)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,978.7
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Aight let's see here...

Hades: Good game, but Isometric games throw me off so it takes some getting used to for me.

Bravely Default II: So far a step down compared to Default and Second because of the strange new additions, but tihngs are picking up with me finally getting some of my favorite Job Classes

Hey Pikmin: Eh. Its fine, nothing special

15. angelbeast111

angelbeast111 I picked Sprigatito and all I got was this title

Excuse me HUH???
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽394.9
    Gardevoirite ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    So I’m about to sound painfully basic. I don’t have space to set up my retro-to-seventh gen consoles. My 3DS no longer charges. Nor do I have money for a good PC. Because of this I have a focus, as you’ll see.

Splatoon 3: Got it pre-ordered and it has been the most fun online multiplayer experience I’ve ever had. This is meaning with random strangers, not just friends. Friend time is always fun time. For those wondering: I main dualies but occasionally I’ll dip into other weapons. Especially roller. Sometimes you want to shut your brain off and roller is the weapon.

I also 100%’d the story including the secret level and I only cried for 20 minutes /ref. 10/10 would bing bang bing again.

Pokémon Violet: Absolutely love it and the characters. I’m in the camp of “hasn’t experienced a glitch worse than camera clipping” so I may be a bit biased. I think the direction they took was a great idea. It offers variety and challenge while still maintaining the core gameplay and kid-friendly focus. That being said, it could’ve taken longer in the proverbial oven to “finish baking.” You know, iron out the glitches.

I am currently at 6 badges, 3 star leaders, and 3 titans. Took a break for a bit to focus elsewhere cause I was hooked.

Animal Crossing New Horizons: I revisited for a short while because I’m finally working on finishing my island. Forgot just how relaxing it can be, and now that I’m doing the designing and clean up that itch gets scratched too. Need to revisit again though, it’s been a bit between Pokémon and splatoon lol.

Other games I want to revisit/try out:
    Kirby Forgotten Lands
    Stardew Valley
    New Pokémon Snap
    Pokémon Legends Arceus
    Ni no Kuni 2

Wizard likes this.
  16. Wizard

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,446.0
    I'm in kind of a boring in-between phase right now where I'm only playing a couple of things. Mainly, I'm just playing sports games like Madden and NBA 2K, shiny hunting in Pokémon Scarlet, and some occasional Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. I'm sure I'll hop into a new game soon.

17. Infernostar

Infernopaw
    (Quilava)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,978.7
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Since its close to the holidays and Im distracted by many things at once, game playing is kinda all over the place right now. Bravely Default II, Wario Land 3 and really just whatever pops up. Will likely be more cohesive come next year though.

Neb likes this.
  18. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Switch: MH Rise Sunbreak
    PC: Hoi4 (Mainly a mod called Equestria at war...Don't ask)
    Stellaris
    MTG Arena
    Mobile: Fire Emblem Heroes

19. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,707.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Recently playing Final Fantasy Tactics A2 on a mobile emulator. I'm limiting myself to one generic unit per tribe plus any special units I might nab on the way here. Too many members would be a pain in the neck from my previous FFTA experience, y'see.

Neb likes this.
  20. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    I've been slowly consumed by The Witcher 3. Now that I've found a good difficulty level for the game I can really enjoy the sidequests and main quest's story. Every choice presented to the player is so difficult to make. I've been sticking to whatever feels right in the moment.