1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

What are your favourite Boss Battles?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Dragon, Dec 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragon

Eevee (J)
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽45.7
    What are your favourite boss battles?

And this can include:
    -Normal Bosses to progress through the story
    -Secret Bosses that are optional to battle against
    -Final Bosses
    -Fake Bosses
    -Anything that has to do with bosses in a game

So, what/whom are your favourite bosses, as well as your favourite boss fights, and why?
    Ah, for example, here's mine:

[​IMG]
    Ashera from Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn. She's.. arguably the hardest Final Boss in the whole Fire Emblem franchise, with all good reason. First you'd have to break each one of her protective 'auras', other wise you won't be able to actually combat her. Even when you've destroyed the auras, there's another catch if you'd want to defeat her - you have to beat her with only the weapons that were 'blessed', which you'll be able to have your weapons blessed at an earlier part of the final chapter, but, yes, it's the only way to harm her or else you won't deal any damage.

But even if you're attempting to kill her with a blessed weapon, she does a ton, and another ton of damage, so, you'd have to pick the right units for your party before rushing in the final chapter, or else you'll find that your units will one by one be all slaughtered, ahaha.. Each turn she damages everyone of your units, and she does really big damage with her Judgment attack. Even if you do kill her, she'll automatically be brought to life, unless you bring her down with Ike. Ugh.

Also for me, if you've played Kid Icarus Uprising:
    [​IMG]
    Hades. I dare you to play him in Difficulty 9. :3
    Normally he's not too big of a deal to fight against in lower difficulties, but he's still generally a real tough one, imo, especially with his BLUE AND PURPLE SQUARES OF DEATH AND his constant spamage of his doom lasers. Seriously though, don't underestimate the amount of damage Hades can dish out over time. @_@;

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Pbear

Pbear Space Polar Bear

PokéPoints:
    ₽43.8
    i forgot which one it was but it was definitely something in Fire Emblem: awakening. im quite fond of any strategy game that i stumble such as halo wars and fire emblem so that one boss battle felt really epic

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    Well..in Batman Arkahm Origins I fought Deathstroke and was the more difficult boss that I fought in my entire life D: and was a normal boss :/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0BkB7ROYc4

4. Noctis

Noctis *this message has been removed*

PokéPoints:
    ₽65.0
    I have a lot of boss battles that I thoroughly enjoyed throughout my lifespan.

But I recently have come to love the Data Roxas battle in Kingdom Hearts 2.
    My friends and I recently purchased the new KH 2.5 Remix (Remake) as we never had the opprotunity to actually play the Final Mix.
    Needless to say we went head first into Critical Mode and managed to snag up the Golden Crown.

If Terra was actually enjoyable I would have added him, but he's just so cheap of a boss I hated fighting him.
    Data Xemnas is all right.

But on enjoyable levels, Data Roxas all day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64I3pRdtuvA

5. SkyCity

SkyCity Skywriter

Penny
    (Shuppet)
    Level 4
    PokéPoints:
    ₽35.7
    As much as I dislike skylanders for what it did to Spyro, the Kaos boss battle in the first game was a fairly tough one

and even though my memory of the game is a little hazy, I remember the Cynder boss battle from The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning was also a pretty tough one

6. Lord Vain

Lord Vain ✯Drifting Digital God✯

PokéPoints:
    ₽2,364.0
    Mario Mushroom ★Legendary Triforce ★★
    At least two come to mind...

Mecha Bowser from Super Mario Sunshine - This battle was just both fun and crazy. lol Why? Well, because you literally fought the Boss while on a rollercoaster, you rode around the amusement part and had to shoot water rockets at the large mechanical menace while also shooting down the bullet bills it sent your way and dousing it's fire breathe when you came to the part of the track that it was always torching.

Koloktos from The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - This was the only Boss I extremely enjoyed in the game, and I'm sure a lot of people can agree that it was super fun and intense, more specifically the second phase of the battle though. In it, the Ancient Automaton pulls itself out the ground, spawns some legs, and then conjures forth a bunch of blades that it then wields in each of its six hands. Now, here's the fun part, you literally have to unscrew its arms and then use its own weapons to take it down since it also placed a protective cage around its weak spot. Yep, so you dismantle its arms with your Whip when you get the chance, pick up one of the hefty swords, and then just go crazy! Slash its legs off, slash the cage open, and then attack that weak point! I loved it, it was just so epic and awesome, like you give it a taste of its own medicine and utterly destroy it. lol

7. Almandine-G

Almandine-G All Men Are Equal

Eggu-Sama
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽25.4
    Hmmm... I can't pick one out of both my favorites, so I'll pick both!

Sephiroth from FF7: I absolutely loved this battle, it was quite challenging (the second stage, the first was just an MP drain) and amazing music played during the fight. It truly felt like an end boss to love.

Rebel Flagship from FTL: Faster Than Light: It's pretty much the only true boss in the game, and is the final boss (seemingly my favorite category) of it. It goes through three stages, each getting progressively harder. It took me 276 tries to beat (the game is short, this is actually a pretty normal amoun of tries for any player) but man was I pleased. That thing is evil and I love it for that!

8. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    My favorite Boss Battle was in Mario and Luigi Super Star Saga against Cackletta's Soul or Ghost thing. Not only was the Boss Extremely Challenging, it had one of the most unique fighting sets in the entire game. The epic music plus a difficult challenge made for the boss to be truly memorable.

9. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    As much as I hated it, the battle against Zongazonga in Fossil Fighters: Champions has to be my favorite boss battle.

[​IMG]
    In battle this thing is flanked by two of these guys: [​IMG]. Besides having insane stats as well as crippling the player's lead, they have a nasty ability called Resurrect. After defeating one of them, if three turns passed after taking one down they would be able to return to the field with full health.

He's my favorite because he was so challenging. I probably had to fight him at least five times to finally beat him.

10. DoctorFlygon

DoctorFlygon myagical girl

PokéPoints:
    ₽81.2
    Everyone knows him. Every gamer has probably had to stop and go "What the hell?" about this guy, at least once in their lifetime. Who am I talking about?
    [​IMG] Giygas, the Cosmic Destroyer, of course!
    If you don't know about this, it's the final boss of EarthBound (If you don't know about it, it's the game Ness, the kid in Smash Bros. with the cap, baseball bat and psychic powers, stars in), a SNES RPG which is mostly goofy and hilarious. (And even with this THING, which spouts broken, cryptic sentences filled with '...'s between words, it mostly is lighthearted and funny. There's a ton of backstory to Giygas from the first game, EarthBound Zero, but I'm not gonna bother explaining it, because it doesn't contribute much to what makes this fight awesome for me.)
    While Giygas (At least, its EarthBound incarnation) is mostly known for being 1. Scary as all hell, 2. Being inspired by a misinterpretation of a murder scene, and 3. TONS of theories. A lot of people probably haven't even fought him, yet fear him. Well, I've beaten EarthBound long ago (Only a few months ago, really...), and it's my favorite final boss in a video game, full stop. Not because of the fear (That contributes- The cacophonic mess that plays when Giygas is at low HP and most of your party are probably knocked out, perhaps even dead given the conditions, is absolutely horrifying), but because as a boss, this is AWESOME.
    First of all, a BIG OLD SPOILER WARNING SINCE EVEN IF YOU KNOW GIYGAS YOU PROBABLY DON'T KNOW HOW THE BATTLE PLAYS OUT.
    Sorry, but I wanted that to stick out so you get that this is important.
    As I said, it's likely that Ness, Jeff and Poo, (Ness you'll probably be familiar with, Jeff is a 'child genius' who uses guns and has no psychic powers, and Poo, a magic prince from the sky, who's cooler than he sounds) three out of four of the party, will be down by this rate, and your only party member left is Paula. (Pretty much a fairly stereotypical fictional girl, but with psychic powers.) Now Paula has a unique command throughout the game called 'Pray', which causes a whole variety of different effects, both good and bad, which is why most players probably rarely use it, if at all. Use it far enough into the Giygas battle, however, and Paula will 'pray from the bottom of her heart' to people you've met throughout the journey, who pray for the safety of Ness and co. (Given the state, they very much need it) and you have to do this for seven or so turns in a row, (You'll want to try and keep at least Ness or Poo alive, since they can both use a move called PSI Lifeup which takes little points to use and can restore Paula's rather flimsy amount of HP with ease) and each time, Giygas receives a lot of damage (Your attacks don't do a thing to it by this point), which keeps increasing as it goes on, until Paula tries to pray and it's... absorbed by darkness. It's very creepy, and some could even believe that the game's going to have a bad ending... but before I get to this next part, I need to say that earlier in the game, you're asked what YOU, the player's name is, for seemingly no reason. Let's go with the name being Ricky, because I like that name. So if you keep praying, it'll say "____y is praying for Ness and friends' safety!" "Wait, what? Who's this guy?" Players who didn't know about this part will think in shock. Next turn? "R_c_y is praying for Ness and friends' safety!" Now, people might be figuring it out- And sure enough, come next turn and it'll read "Ricky is praying for Ness and friends' safety!" And Giygas will keep receiving colossal amounts of damage, until the screen begins going crazy and finally (Somewhat creepily), Giygas blips out like an old TV being turned off. In other words, among the massive heartwarming of this part, it isn't Ness and pals who defeat the final boss- In-universe, in the game itself, YOU are the one who landed the final blow on Giygas. Just... wow. This final boss may be spoooooky, sure, but for me and hopefully some other players, this was overridden by the sheer awesomeness of it all.
    Yeah, that was long, but I needed time to talk about how awesome the final battle against Giygas is.

11. YouHoney

YouHoney Snow wanderer

PokéPoints:
    ₽135.9
    Metal gear Rising.

Raiden vs Senator Armstrong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mALkd3DG6HA

No words can describe how epic this was :D

12. 8542Madness

PokéPoints:
    ₽153.9
    My favorite boss is Zant from Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. The fight with him is actually a fight with every other boss from the game up until him. Every time you land a few hits on him, he changes the world to match one of the game's other bosses and takes on their abilities for a while. The music is great and the gameplay is fun as heck. While it isn't a very challenging battle, it is absolutely one of the most fun.

13. Hylian

Hylian Hero of Hyrule

Captain Falcon
    (Torchic)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽71.0
    My favorite battles would have to be Goht from Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Ganondorf from Ocarina of Time, and Metal Face from Xenoblade Chronicles. They were all so amazing and memorable to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.