1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

What do you like the most about art

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by Sheinxy, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Sheinxy

Sheinxy Black Belt

Milky
    (Shinx)
    Level 40
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,893.6
    (This is my first real thread, I hope I didn't do something dumb)
    Heya, wanted to create a thread for once, and this question just popped into my mind.
    I was wondering: What do you really like the most about art, about drawing or writing, or creating in general.

So, this might sound like a weird question right?
    I guess it could be re-formulated in another way, like: what motivates you the most to do art? What do you enjoy the most about it?

Maybe it's like seeing what you're able to do from scratch?
    Or is it, I don't know, getting compliments on your art pieces?
    Maybe you just find it relaxing?
    Or maybe it's a mix of these things, I don't know, you tell me ^w^

Personally, I would say that it's just seeing what I can do from literally nothing, starting with a blank canvas and ending up with a drawing, or writing a bunch of code lines to get a something working from scratch (even though it's technically not considered as art), I don't know, it just feels so congratulating to me

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    I love many aspects of creating and sharing art. I like the creative freedom I have when I start a new piece, I like being able to zone out and relax while drawing, and I like seeing my skills improve over time. I also love interacting with other artists, so it's really a combination of these things.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Sheinxy likes this.
  3. Baratheon

Baratheon Ours is the Fury

Slash
    (Zekrom Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽378.4
    Soothe Bell ★Darkinum Z ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I love how relaxing it is! I totally zone out while drawing, and it helps me destress. Also how happy hand drawn gifts make people :)

Sheinxy likes this.
  4. Riddles

Riddles Extra Spooky

Grimm
    (Duskull)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,645.4
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I always draw when I have free time, simply because I enjoy it. It's relaxing, and over time I slowly see myself improving. I look at my stuff from a couple of years ago and compare it to my stuff now, and I can really see how far I've come since then.

Sheinxy likes this.
  5. Barandofl

Barandofl The eyeless user

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,471.2
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    My favorite part abaout art is that fact that it has so much diversity. No ones art is ever the same, so it's always nice to see a new type of art style (wether it's writing or drawing), and enjoy the broad views of other peoples perspectives.

Sheinxy likes this.
  6. Vaquero

Vaquero Member of the Charicific Valley

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    I like how everyone can try to make what they like and try to out their imagination on paper.

Like heck, I’ve done that countless times with characters for RPs and stories.

Sheinxy likes this.
  7. Sheinxy

Sheinxy Black Belt

Milky
    (Shinx)
    Level 40
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,893.6
    Such interesting answers ^w^
    I can only agree with you guys ^w^

8. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    Crown of ValorDawn Stone ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    ive talked pretty in depth about art to someone once so ill just simplify why i like art most of the time: a mix of drawing the content i want to see, wanting to improve, and making friends through art!! i feel like ive achieved most of these things but its more fun to tell myself i havent so i keep drawing to hit those reasons!

the whole "validation" thing is just an added bonus, haha. i never draw to validate or make someone happy, it just happens that my drawings make someone smile. i just like to draw because i like to draw!! its really the only thing i feel passionate about now so might as well eheh

Sheinxy likes this.
  9. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,003.8
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I don’t think I have a particular reason for why I like to draw. I just like it. I don’t draw very often but it feels nice when I am drawing because I feel focused and relaxed.

Sheinxy likes this.
  10. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    owo

Granted I've been in a bad mood surrounding the topic of my art, but I enjoy just creating something from nothing?? Like wow that didn't exist but now it does you should be proud of yourself

Also it just relaxes me a fair bit. I usually end up drawing my best boys or my ocs on tests to help me focus (and i usually get notes from the teachers regarding the art like once i drew my oc on a french test and the teacher wrote "cute!" next to him which was the highlight of my day). This only works for traditional art because digital art is so fucking frustrating because technology sucks + the sound of pencil on paper is so therapeutic to me hhhhhhh

Sheinxy likes this.
  11. Sheinxy

Sheinxy Black Belt

Milky
    (Shinx)
    Level 40
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,893.6
    That's funny how I totally think the opposite x3 (but I mean, I'm just a weird person so yeah x,3)

12. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I enjoy drawing because it's relaxing and I like being able to visualize how I see my favorite characters. And I enjoy writing because I always have a hard time voicing my own thoughts, but when I'm writing about another character, the words that I want to say just come to me.

RadEmpoleon and Sheinxy like this.
  13. Moonstruck-Mist

HoverBoots
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 35
    PokéPoints:
    ₽544.9
    My favorite part about art is the creativity and experience that can come with it. You start off a newcomer, then grow higher and better in your form of art. I just love the experience and joy that can come with such a form. I would only understand this in writing, though, as art isn't exactly my best quality.

Sheinxy likes this.
  14. Geroniny

Geroniny The Spacecraft Of Miracle

Azure
    (Kyogre)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽771.9
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Blue Orb ★★★★★Charizardite X ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    Mostly Because Of The Creativity And Experience. Through Drawing And Art, I Made A Lot Of Friends And Draw Artwork Based Of Events And Experience Happen On My Life.

Once Started With Fan Art Of Wenlock And Mandeville, The Mascot Of Olympic And Paralympic Games To The Times Where The Fan Art Of 'Animated Series Of Geronimo Stilton' Help Me Discovered My Passion And My Dream To Current Times With The Fan Art Of Cassini Spacecraft And Interplanetary Spacecraft That Evolve My Dream.

And Through Art, I Gain Popularity. It All Started With Imagination And It Takes Me To Where It Am Now. That's Why When Comes To Drawing On The Event, I Will Left My Mark With Cassini Or Geroniny Or Geronimo.

Sheinxy likes this.
  15. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    What do I like about writing? Its a difficult question. I have always loved explaining why and when I write, I'm allowed to build my own world and explain why it works. Its something I love theorizing and build, but that's not always appropriate for storytelling. The reason I like to type is however is a different story. I easily animate characters in my head with such fluid and natural motions like I'm actually seeing them move. When I put my fingers on a keyboard and am easily able to describe the motions, movements and thoughts, that's when I'm in love with writing. Being able to speak the language of motion and constantly asking myself if this is the best way I can describe things is one of the great joys I find in writing out a story.

Sheinxy likes this.