1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

What DON'T you want to see in Gen 8?

Discussion in 'Switch Pokémon Games' started by Achromatic, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Title. What don't you want to see in Generation 8 on the Switch?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Skullbash

Skullbash I will become the Pirate King

Ralts ♂
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,895.3
    GS Ball ★★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Definitely Z-moves and ultra beasts for me. I'm just not a fan of either.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    PoserPanda likes this.
  3. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I wish they would remove Z-Moves as well, they felt very played out mainly due to the extended cut length of their scenes. Perhaps if they added an option to no longer perform the scene and just use the move, I would be more interested.

PoserPanda likes this.
  4. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I'm a huge fan of the UBs and Z-Moves, so I definitely want to see those continue. (Out of curiosity, what don't you like about them?)

I personally hope we don't have to face EVERY gym with that "You need to have a Supereffective Type to enter this gym." One at the start is already too much. What if I wanna do a mono Fire type huh? HUH?!

5. Skullbash

Skullbash I will become the Pirate King

Ralts ♂
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,895.3
    GS Ball ★★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I don't like the one-shot aspect of z-moves. To me, it just takes the fun out of the game. Also I think UBs were cool but I don't think they have a place in Pokémon. I'd rather explore this Pokémon world rather than continue into other worlds that will constantly out-do the regular Pokémon we know. I don't see it being a healthy move for the franchise.

6. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    I would say Mega-Evolutions, but it seems like that's not going anywhere, so... oh well.

7. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Z-Moves and new UB's, also I don't want the game to be handholdy. Never use the Z-moves due to the long cutscene, never use the UB because their designs are too alien for me, and for Arceus' sake I have played all other gens, I know how to stinking play.

8. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I'm gonna go with Z- Moves too. I just wasn't a fan of them. Can't say why, I just wasn't interested in them at all for some reason.
    I loved the UBs and I hope they make more of them sometime in the future.

9. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,008.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    This, unless I have no choice. Plus I forget Z-Move exists in the first place despite Gen 7 being centered around them. Game Freak no more hand holding seriously, even the younger kids find that bloody annoying.

Another thing I don't wanna see is cardboard cutout, bland characters, I feel like Gen 6 and 7 have been particularly bad with this, especially Gen 6 because they just added too many to the protag's "friend group".

10. RWBY Gaster

Root Seed
    (Root Seed)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽489.0
    King's Rock ★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    Just one thing(Call me a genuner if you want to): Inanimate Pokémon

We have too much(And one more). They are very boring and uncreative. Anyone can think of an inanimate Pokémon. They are just a creation of a 3 three-year-old kid.

Yes, I know. Some of them are really cool while some are the combination of both animate object and animate(Like Blastoise) but some are downright stupid. Take gen 5(The "worst" gen in the series). We have literal chunks of rock, ice cream cones, snowflake, and garbage. Just why gamefreak? Why?

Sorry for the anger but I really really hate inanimate Pokémon(especially in the later gens). Only gen 1-4 have good inanimate Pokémon in both design and competitive.

11. Haunted Ditto

Ditto
    (Ditto)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽775.5
    Oran Berry ★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    Z-Moves and Trials
    I want my good old gyms back and more megas.

12. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,124.8
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I wasn’t that big a fan of Alolan forms and I don’t want to see more region-specific forms

13. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,313.6
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    Alolan Forms were cool and all, but can they please, PLEASE stay Gen 7 specific? What goes on in Alola stays in Alola.
    No more trials and Z-Moves. GYMS.
    An option to skip tutorials. Games back on the GBA did that!

Aaaand... FRIENDLY RIVALS. Calem/Serena and Hau were bland and boring at best, Shauna is just filler, and don't even get me started on Tierno and Trevor. DON'T.

RadEmpoleon likes this.
  14. Chicken

Chicken Cringe Overlord

Sven
    (Fennekin)
    Level 51
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,412.1
    Ice Stone ★★★★Icy Rock ★★★
    Trials, Z-Moves, basically most of the stuff we see in gen 7. I prefer the old-fashioned gym battles. I'd also like to see a better-developed villain organization, as the ones we've had were literally just clones of each other.

I honestly don't mind friendly rivals. As a casual player, they annoy me less than the unfriendly ones.

15. TripleAAABattery

TripleAAABattery Look at my fluff! LOOK AT IT

Gottem
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽991.0
    HM's returning. It was a relief to see them gone for once, so I'd really like for Gamefreak to not bring them back. I don't think we need more Z-Moves either, so I'd rather those didnt take priority.

16. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    Friendly rivals. I'm just not a fan. I mean, if I'm going to be battling somebody over and over again, can't it be somebody who is a jerk so that I don't feel like a jerk for beating them up all the time? And they can go ahead and develop into a decent person, but I just don't like the going from a nice but kinda weak person to a nice and supposedly strong trainer.

17. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    Another rubbish under-developed gimmick that never comes back in any significant fashion after Gen VIII. Gen V had Triple/Rotation battles, Gen VI had Mega Evolution, and Gen VII has Z-Moves which will probably go the same way. None of these things was ever really expanded upon in any significant fashion outside of the generation it was introduced in, and felt like a lazy addition rather than a proper, well thought-out game mechanic. I'd like them to actually put some effort in for a change and either expand upon existing things or just not have a new thing, and not introduce yet another new thing they'll completely forget about after Gen VIII ends.

18. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,983.4
    I don't want another friendly rival. They're annoying and make me feel bad beating them over and over again.

I also don't want to see every battle just be a standard one-on-one format like the more resent games have been. They have so many other battle formats (two-on-two, three-on-three, rotation, reverse, horde, etc.) that they could easily sprinkle into the main game for more variety but they just don't use them as much as they should. This was a big issue for me in Gen VII where there were a lot of points were there should have been multi battles but then you just end up with multiple one-on-one battles instead. it gets boring and annoying not having any variety.

19. PoserPanda

SS EGG 2
    (Giratina Egg (Altered))
    Level 74
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,173.3
    Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Here's my list of unwanted events, Pokémon, or game mechanics.

1. Tutorials of any kind. If a child can figure out how to use a smart phone, even they don't need to know how to battle, throw a ball, or catch Pokémon.
    2. Cut down on the amount of eggs needed to hatch a shiny Pokémon.
    3. Better colors for certain shiny Pokémon, like the green ones, and lighter or darker colored shinies.
    4. Strike certain Pokémon from the Pokédex, they can go extinct for all I care. Quality over quantity. Thread on this later.
    5. No more playing as a child. I really don't want to play a game where I must be a certain age. I'm an adult, and inputting my birthdate is awesome when I get a celebration in game, though I would like my character to reflect said date.
    6. un-skippable cut-scenes.
    7. Water-type Pokémon, such as Goldeen, who can somehow fight on land. Get rid of that ability, or make it more plausible. The reverse can be said for Pokémon that either can't swim, or shouldn't be able to fight while swimming.
    8. Flying-type Pokémon that are physically too small to carry a person, should not be able to allow you to fly to other areas. However, all flying-type Pokémon that have wings, and should be able to fly, can learn fly. The same goes for Pokémon that can swim. Unless you're just using them as a fast moving life raft.
    9. I don't want to see a trainer that cannot swim. It should be an option. Or even a fun quest or mini-game.
    10. If your Pokémon faints, you shouldn't be able to use them to fly, cut, or swim. Either fainting means something, or it doesn't.
    11. I don't want to see a Pokémon hatch from an egg, if they aren't really eggs.
    12. Executor. Never again.
    13. Change who breeds with whom. No more Nidoran + NidoQueen.
    I'll add more if I think of some.

20. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,008.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    No more healbots, I'm specifically referring to characters like Lillie and Hau that would restore your pokémon to full health regularly, it makes a game way too easy when you do that and often is not even needed, there was like 1 time where I could see it being needed.