1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

What gets your adrenaline flowing?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Maantijger, Mar 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maantijger

PokéPoints:
    ₽268.5
    At first I was gonna name this topic "What gets you excited?" but that sounded a bit too suggestive and I already knew that the answer to that was me so yeah.
    Anyway, I just finished watching one of the hypest anime episodes I've seen (HQ!! 2 ep 24) and my chest is still burning with excitement, so that got me wondering, what do other people get hyped about? With 'hyped' I mean seriously hyped like you want to scream or throw your arms up in ecstasy, it's hard to explain but maybe you understand what I'm talking about. For me, the only two things that have actually gotten me that excited and hyped up are football, Kill la Kill ep 18 and the previously mentioned HQ!! 2 ep 24. After both KLK 18 and HQ!! 2 18 I was breathing heavy and if others weren't around, I probably would've screamed too, but those were only two moments.
    Now football, that's another story. The thing I'm most passionate about in live is most definitely football. I can't count how many times I've screamed, felt so on edge and exploded in sheer euphoria. A good example is the legendary 5-1 match vs Spain during the 2014 WC. We were down 1-0 right before half time and then suddenly the goal of the tournament. It's hard to put into words. I actually jumped so high up, that I hit my hands against the ceiling so hard it made knuckles bleed which wasn't even painful in that moment, I barely even noticed. After that, I ran out of the house and ran about the neighborhood shouting "We're gonna be the world champions" at the top of my lungs and it didn't even seem weird at all at the time. Well, that's kind of an extreme example, but another time I was watching the Champions League (biggest club tournament in the world) with my buddies and one of them was rooting for the club I also wanted to win while two of them were supporting the other team. When mine and my friend's team equalized in stoppage, we all went nuts and it took like 5 minutes for us to calm down.
    I dunno, I just get really excited about football. So how about you? What makes you the most thrilled?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Fantasma

Fantasma ♃☿♄

(Cubone (Alolan))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽185.1
    Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Football tbh :T
    Football is like the only thing that really gets my Adrenalin flowing a good example is the World Cup game between Greece and Costa Rica
    We were winning during the whole game 1-0 and with only 10 players on the field due to a red card of one of our defenders, the team was getting bombarded by the Greek forward and we parked the bus almost all the game since the expulsion, it was a really intense game and I was on the edge of my seat during all of it, Until it happened, a lucky shot and bad luck of our keeper ended on a Greek goal on the last minute of the game , there were nothing else to do, the game ended on a tie and the extra time was a reality, which means we needed to resists Greece's attacks for another half an hour , IT WAS INSANE our team was tired and with one less ,we were lucky that the the Greek team was also as tired as ours but still it was a merciless battle against time ,we needed to resist so that we could have a shot at the penalties. So it began another half hour of suffering it was absolutely insane i needed a break from this ,every time a Greek attacker had the ball I got nervous because I new that if they had another lucky shot we were done, somehow we managed to survive that, so there we were on the penalties and Jesus Christ I was nervous I had to lay down on the floor for a moment I mean we were one step away from beating Greece and getting to the Quarterfinals against the Netherlands , and so it started ,the first 7 penalties were goals and there we were on the 8 penalty it was Greece turn so the Greek player shot and our keeper fly across the net and stops the shot I screamed we were almost there we just needed to score the last penalty and we win, So everything got prepared it was the 9th and last penalty, it was our turn to shot, and there I was praying to every single deity i had the knowledge of hoping for a goal, so its time the referee gives the signal and the player shots the penalty, the keeper flies across the air it goes towards the ball BUT is not enough the balls passes by and ends on a goal. And I screamed I didn't knew what to do it was surreal we were on the WC quarterfinals and Jesus what a game that one was.
    I almost had like 10 heart attacks during that match, gladly we ended up winning :P

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. BiohazardSr

BiohazardSr My name is Sid. Sid the Bard

PokéPoints:
    ₽71.6
    I've always been able to connect well with the beat of the music. The harder and faster it is, the more energized I get. This can be a both good and bad thing. I've before had rough music in a stressful situation, which only made things go worse.

4. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Pokemon Masters

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    There are a lot of factors that can make me really excited and full of adrenaline! Apart from the usual excursion, getting a new game will pump me up far more than a skydive will! My adrenaline is also in me right now as tomorrow I will submit my hard-worked geography assignment and present it to the class.

5. Almandine-G

Almandine-G All Men Are Equal

Eggu-Sama
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽25.4
    Anyone who knows me at least in the discord chat will see one thing clear with me: almost EVERYTHING pumps me up!

Seriously I get hyped up over the small things all the time, including but not limited to cute pictures, baby convos, parenting plans, a person getting a new Pokémon and somebody just generally feeling good. If anything good happens it usually gets me excited haha.

Only things that don't really get me pumped up are seasonal holidays and birthdays, and that's down to personal issues I'd rather not divulge. Just know: I keep my head out of those things a lot.

But otherwise I'll get excited over the smallest things and end up shaking in my seat haha. Even when I saw this post, I got hyped about it! I AM THE HYPE!!!

6. Maantijger

PokéPoints:
    ₽268.5
    I remember that match, holy shit. That was some crazy stuff indeed, I would've probably shat at least 34 bricks, especially during extra. Keylor Navas pulled you through omg.

7. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I'M SO EXCITED!!!!

I get really excited by music. Music is the thing I connect with the most, and it gets me really hyped up when one of my favorite artists releases something new or if i just hear good music. Plus, it's easy to get rid of some of that energy with some dance!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.