1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

What happened to the Backyard Sports video game franchise?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by ThomasP, Dec 29, 2021.

?

Do you think that the Backyard Sports video game franchise is active, on hiatus or dead?

1. Active

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. On Hiatus

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dead

100.0%
  4. Dunno

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ThomasP

ThomasP PKMN Breeder

Eelie
    (Tynamo)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,422.8
    I know that Backyard Sports was a best-selling video game franchise, the mobile device-based game app of Backyard Sports: Baseball 2015 and Backyard Sports: Basketball 2015 was removed from the online mobile app store, and its live-action film adaption was in development, but I'm sure whether or not it is cancelled, and that's what I saw on the Wikipedia article about the Backyard Sports video game franchise. But unfortunately, I don't understand what happened to the Backyard Sports video game franchise? Is it still active, on hiatus or dead? Why? Please let me know, thanks.:)

2. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,355.7
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Looks like their devs went under so I would expect it to be dead since there has been nothing since 2015. I had never heard of the franchise personally though I am not a huge fan of sports games.

From the wiki about their dev company:
    "
    In 2019, late into the eighth generation of video games, Humongous announced plans to port Junior Adventure games once again to contemporary consoles within the same year,[16] but the said ports never released during that timeframe until December 27th, 2021, when the company's social media pages announced that Putt-Putt Travels Through Time and Freddi Fish 3: The Case of the Stolen Conch Shell would be released on the Nintendo Switch on January 3rd, 2022.

Currently, the Humongous trademark is owned by Hong Kong based company Billionsoft,[17] while Tommo owns the Humongous properties.
    "
    The movie deal you mentioned was from 2016 but still surprised me lol.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Katanaeyegaming

Katanaeyegaming #FEARTHEWYVERN

Darklit
    (Liepard)
    Level 44
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,810.3
    Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    The only sports franchise I frequently cared about.

Fat chance it's still alive though.