1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

What if Ash was your Rival?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Cadbberry, Nov 2, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    So I think we all know that Red and Ash, while not the same person, are similar in character design. The idea I had, was what if he became your rival in the next game, usually the rival appears in the anime as well and then was written off like most rivals, comes back on cameos. So it can be a satisfying end to Ash in both game and in anime, he can age finally, and we can get someone new in the spotlight.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I admit, Ash has been around in the Pokémon anime long enough. He has been 10 or 11 years old for over 20 years, which makes absolutely no sense. I'm thinking why not integrate the main characters from the Pokémon Adventures manga into an anime instead? At least they change the cast up every generation, and then they could add an older-looking Ash in as a cameo.

But that's just my personal opinion.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Cadbberry likes this.
  3. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I don't think he's ever been canonically confirmed to still be 10 in the Japanese version, but I might be wrong. I remember I started off watching the gen 5 episodes in English sub because I didn't want to wait for the English dub. I don't think his age was mentioned, but in the English dub it was. My own head canon before gen 5 was that he aged 1 year every generation. And I think the Pokémon league is an annual tournament so that would make sense. So currently he would be 16 or 17, still young enough to be considered a child, but not 10.

I think it would be a lot easier, and probably better quality-wise, if they just made a new Pokémon series based closely off of the manga and directed towards an older audience. They can keep Ash around for the younger audience and keep the current series going at the same time.

4. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    There'd be no way to beat him unless we were a Champion or Elite-4 member. :D

5. Skullbash

Skullbash I will become the Pirate King

Ralts ♂
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,895.3
    GS Ball ★★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Unlike Ash, I've become the champion in every region I've been in.

OzoneFruit likes this.
  6. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Darn it I wanted to say something like this XD Now it'll seem like I stole it from you LOL

Skullbash likes this.
  7. VictoryStar34

SS Egg #1
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,103.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★
    Ah dang, Ash is still 10!

So, the secret to being immortal is...being a Pokémon trainer?

Well, I've had more Pokémon in one game then Ash has ever had in his entire career.

Well, having Ash as a rival could be fun. Or he could mess up.

8. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    This is so true. We have reached all of Ash's dreams already. He would be a lousy rival.

Cadbberry likes this.
  9. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Philosopher's CowlReaper Cloth ★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Great Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Well guess I've lost that game. I could never beat Ash. He's too superior with his Pikachu.. and his.. uh.. Hm. I'll have to get back to you on this one.

Seriously though, I do like the idea of Ash's farewell from the franchise showing him as a formidable rival and him finally achieving his dream at the end of game. (Of course as his rival I'll be taking his new champion status instantly away from him)

10. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeRocky Helmet ★★★★★Staff of VerityExp. Share ★★
    Okay real talk here. I'd be creamed. Because somehow, he always has out powered Pokémon. They try to make him look like he's special but they give him overly powered Pokémon so it's an unfair fight. Like Greninja. Let's be real. Everyone only get's Greninja and he gets a special Greninja.

11. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    If Ash were the rival, I'd beat him since I know what team he's gonna use since I watch the anime.

And to another point: is it likely that Ash will become the rival? No. The game canon and anime canons are so different and I think it would be like trying to put a square peg through a round hole. And they handled the first anime and game integration (Ash Greninja) terribly anyway.

Would still be fun destroying Ash's dreams though.

12. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    I think it would be interesting if future games had a Pokémon League system similar to that of the anime (kind of like the battle dome in emerald). Ash could be one of the contestants, if not the final one to determine the champion. Going along with him as your rival... it could be interesting. One thing for sure is that I would destroy his team into ashes because we really do need a new main anime char lol. Maybe Lillie can take his place for a few years. xD

FireSpartan5 likes this.
  13. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    She basically already has.

14. Skullbash

Skullbash I will become the Pirate King

Ralts ♂
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,895.3
    GS Ball ★★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Ash's lv.9001 Pikachu lost to a lv.5 Snivy. I think I can win.

15. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    I'd say start aging him and slowly phasing him out over a period of 5 or so years irl. Then just bring him back for specials and cameos, that would be awesome.

16. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    *uses Ground-type Pokémon* *Ash pulls out Pikachu, ignores every game mechanic we know and love, and defeats it with a single 'THUNDERBOOOOOLLLLLTTT'*
    I think it'd be super satisfying to slowly age him and bring him back for cameos. Especially if he decides to retire, and then sees Ho-Oh again. THAT would be great.
    #MissingNo

17. Hikari

Hikari Poké Maniac

Ryu
    (Trapinch)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽450.7
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I’d be like, “What are you doing here?” Then I’d only have trouble on his Pikachu, and I might win the rest a bit easier. Still, I think it’s would be pretty neat.

18. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,983.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I would laugh and find another rival, like seriously Ash is a crummy trainer when you look at it.

19. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    Wouldn't be amused. Ash kinda sucks, in all honesty.