1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

What is the worst video game challenge you ever went through with?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Katanaeyegaming, Mar 29, 2022.

1. Katanaeyegaming

Katanaeyegaming #FEARTHEWYVERN

Darklit
    (Liepard)
    Level 44
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,810.3
    Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    Title speaks for itself.

This can be either a stupid challenge because it's overly difficult or because the idea itself sucks.

For me the worst challenge I ever went through with was a no heal nuzlocke of Pokémon Pearl.

Nuzlocke is enough of a challenge if you have to combine more to it then that is all kinds of sad.

2. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    I once tried to use a EXP cheat to digivolve my digimon into everything possible in Digimon World: Dusk. It was horrible and their stats tanked super hard even though digivolving/digireverting is supposed to boost their stats in normal play. I gave up after 5 hours as they couldn't handle a boss.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,397.0
    I once beat Cyber Shadow. There was no special challenge; the game was just hard for me lol.

While some people may not consider it too hard, I once did the Ironman challenge for Fire Emblem: Awakening Hard Mode (no excess grinding included) and lost most of my units. It was an absolute blast, but I got my butt kicked frequently.

Wayyy back in the day, I once beat a nuzlocke of the ROM hack Pokémon Glazed. That was pretty tough, but the game gave me a lot of resources.

I won 1st in Tetris 99 during the game's prime. I'm not all that good at Tetris, but winning a match in that game was one of the hardest things I've ever done.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    A no death run of Fire Emblem Awakening. Even on the lowest difficulty setting it's still difficult. It's so easy for enemy units to surround you and/or deal way more damage than you expected. If this is the easiest Fire Emblem game I don't even want to imagine doing this challenge on a different entry.

5. Infernostar

Infernopaw
    (Quilava)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,901.1
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Honestly I just play FE normally with No Deaths so I dunno if I can really call that a challenge run for me.

There isnt really anything I could classify as 'Worst', but HARDEST was certainly unlocking and beating both Master Modes of Super Monkey Ball 1 and 2. 30 stages (10 in 1, 20 in 2) of the most creative yet brutal rolling to traverse, and in 1s case, so unnecessarilly bollocks to unlock I had to use an action replay just to REACH Master Mode, as doing so normally would require clearing all of Expert Mode, Extra stages included, without using a continue. And unlike SMB 2, 1 doesn't let you bring additional lives into a Challenge Mode run, only continues. So you have 3 lives, to get through 60 stages of some of the most brutal stages you can imagine. At least in 2s case it allows you to bring up to 99 lives in, and has the same rule that you just have to clear Expert without Continuing.