1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

What is your all time favorite movie?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Banshee, Feb 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Banshee

Banshee Pokémon Professor

Gregg the Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽62.1
    I saw that this forum was extremely lonely. So I wanted to help make it feel better by adding a thread in it. Haha!

But seriously!
    What is your most favorite movie? It could be one that you've seen a million times to the point where the VHS/DVD doesn't even work anymore!

My personal long time favorite is, The Labyrinth. I've seen that movie so many times, I'm actually very surprised that the VHS works still. But I have it on DVD now, so things run a lot smoother. Haha. I love how corny it is. Plus David Bowie had awesome hair and sang in it.

My favorite animated film is currently at a three-way tie with; Wreck it Ralph, Meet the Robinsons, and Lion King. All three of them have such cool stuff happening in it. XD

bubbie likes this.
  2. Oim

Oim Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    A 1998 movie called Pi. My avatar and sig are of a scene from it. I love the concept and the style, pretty much everything about it. Being shot in black and white doesn't take away from it at all. If you're into somewhat offbeat psychological thrillers (actually, I don't see it as much of a "thriller" but I guess it works) check it out.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0138704/

3. Ashe

Ashe Silly

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.3
    I have too many favorite movies :( Ok well in general my favorites are Samurai X, Howl's Moving Castle, and Lion King. (lot more but I won't list too many D:) And my favorite christmas movies I have to watch every christmas are The Grinch and Elf :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Nate likes this.
  4. proxy.qtz

PokéPoints:
    ₽31.0
    Definitely has to be Throw Momma from the Train. It's got a perfect mix of black humor and upliftingness.

bubbie likes this.
  5. Oim

Oim Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    "Sultry. The air was sultry."

Oh god I remember this movie, it's great.

bubbie likes this.
  6. LoN

LoN

PokéPoints:
    ₽0.0
    Currently I'm still a big Iron Man fan... what can I say, RDJr is pretty suave.

7. bubbie

bubbie Sassmaster

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    love love love the life aquatic with steve zissou. i'm a huge wes anderson fan. i also really loved where the wild things are. the iron giant and the secret of kells are probably my favorite animated films. oh and how could i forget how to train your dragon! that movie is great.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Slugkid

Slugkid Slacker Extraordinaire

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.0
    I can't really pick a favorite, but these are some I really really like:
    Trainspotting, V for Vendetta, Pulp Fiction, The Shining, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, Memento, A Clockwork Orange, Back to the Future, and Fight Club.

There's a whole lot more movies I really really like, but those are like *up there*

9. HoundDoomed

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    The Host, Korean flick from like '04. Such a well put together movie, and one of my favorite actors. The other, I don't watch it often because it's...intense and violent as hell, but I Saw The Devil. AMAZING movie.

10. Fluffy_Eevee

Fluffy_Eevee Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    Mhh I love so many movies...but my alltime favorite is Hachiko, 5cm per Second and The Girl who leapt through Time *___*
    I cry in this movies everytime I see them, the most at the last one, its so....sad...

EmeraldGlee likes this.
  11. Shayminlover123

Aria
    (Sneasel)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽724.4
    Outside of Pokémon is Rush Hour.

I loved the action and comedy! Its sad they didn't make a fourth movie.

EmeraldGlee likes this.
  12. Blizzarf

Blizzarf PKMN Breeder

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    The Lord Of The Rings. I can't decide one of them, so the three xD

13. Madaraki

Madaraki Poké Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽36.0
    Augh...can't list just one.

Okay, bear in mind that this list is disregarding franchise-level series like LOTR, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, etc.

The Land Before Time
    I've loved this movie since I was little, and still enjoy it.

Karas
    May or may not be that well known, if known at all here. It's a duology of action, ghosts, and massive amounts of shiny. Also; FREEEEEEEEESH CUCUMBERS~

Felidae
    Features murder, torture, intrigue, mystery, sex...and did I mention this is an animated movie about cats?

Big Trouble in Little China
    Words cannot do this film justice. You simply must see it for yourself.

The Transformers
    Before Shia LaBoeuf, Megan Fox, and whoever else was in those movies, there was THE Transformers film; an all-star cast that featured (among others) Orson Welles and Leonard Nimoy, and featured the musical genius of Weird Al Yankovic. "The Transformers" is hands down the BEST Transformers movie of all time.

EmeraldGlee likes this.
  14. Hemlock

Hemlock Camper

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    Watership Down. "Look at all the cute fluffy bunni-OH GOD" is the general reaction I get from people when I tell them about it though.
    Runners up would include Howl's Moving Castle, Donnie Darko, Ginger Snaps and Moon.

15. Shadow Blaze

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    In all honesty it's easily The Lion King. It's a good movie, has a lot of heart, a good death scene, great animation, isn't computer generated, has a good plot, is interesting based on Hamlet, has nostalgic value, and has fantastic characters.

Yes, I really only watch kids' movies. I'm a wimp, and sometimes they're better okay?

16. ~Snowy~

~Snowy~ Poké Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    The Lion King and the Lion King 2. Good ol' Disney. The Disney movies now are just crappy compared to that generation. But seriously, I loved the characters with their strong personalities, songs, and plot in both of those movies. How they were based off of Hamlet and Romeo and Juliet. My all time favorite movies.

17. ThaIssing

ThaIssing Blah Blah Blah Tidal Wave!

PokéPoints:
    ₽40.0
    diffently the Back to The Future triology. I can always go back to those :D

18. Pokelova

Pokelova Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽10.0
    A Goofy Movie

Runners up are Inception, Sucker Punch, Whip It, Lilo & Stitch, Wakko's Wish, La Vie en Rose, and Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amelie Poulain.

19. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽39,251.3
    Fellow animation geek here--but out of the millions of choices (both live and animated), I have to pick Angels in the Outfield--funny, inspiring, and a good message

20. Cobalt

Cobalt I'M A HURRICANE

PokéPoints:
    ₽64.6
    I'm not sure, there's a lot of great movies out there, but one that always comes to mind is the Lion King. It's the first thing I think of when I hear movies. Basically what Shadow Blaze said above.

*is a Disney nerd pls don't kill me*

Shadow Blaze likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.