1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

What is your favorite video game franchise?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Nova Ozuka, Aug 7, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Nova Ozuka

Nova Ozuka Hex Maniac

Joy
    (Togepi)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.3
    I'm not sure if we have one of these, but in case we don't, I'm making one. Basically how this works is that we post our favorite video game franchise. Have more than one? Just pick one to post. You'll probably find someone else who likes the same franchise. I'll even start.

My favorite franchise has to be Super Smash Bros. This fighting game franchise actually features several of my favorite characters, and even helped me to find a few new ones to add to that growing list. Back when I got my hands on a copy of the N64 version, it left a strong impression on me. It had Pikachu, Mario, Luigi, and Jigglypuff while introducing me to Kirby, Samus, Captain Falcon, and Link. Melee was the first game Roy appeared in, and he was an instant favorite from the moment I started using him. Ike became one too after I got Brawl, which has it's story mode as my favorite part of the game while sharing Tournament mode with Melee, and the 3DS version has Smash Run.

If it wasn't for that game, I probably would play nearly as many games as I do now.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I'm a Zelda fan. The Legend of Zelda has been a big influence on me, especially since it was what got me into archery (even before Hunger Games rolled around and then suddenly having a bow made you popular). I've been playing each game ever since I got introduced to The Wind Waker at my cousins' house. That one is still my favorite game overall (Breath of the Wild is a different beast all together, so that one is a very close second).

And it's not just the games either. The Zelda manga are really great too. I just recently purchased the first edition of the Twilight Princess manga and... well, it certainly is a LOT darker than the game. There are things in there that would've bumped up the game's age rating from T for teen to M for mature. It's still awesome though.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    WavePearl and Nova Ozuka like this.
  3. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,997.3
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    My favorite game franchise is Monter Hunter and I'm eagerly awaiting the new game that's gonan be released for PS4. I've been playing Monster Hunter since Freedom for PSP and I loved it ever since.

4. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    I grew up on Halo. My dad introduced it to me and I was instantly hooked.

It's not just the games either. Halo has miniseries, a ton of books and comics that are awesome.

5. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Philosopher's CowlReaper Cloth ★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Great Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Star Wars. Just any Star Wars game I take a shine too. From KOTOR to SW:TOR. From Battlefront to Republic Commando. I love them all, even the unwanted ones. CoughEABattlefrontCough

BraviaryScout likes this.
  6. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    Ace Attorney franchise
    Also Dangan Ronpa
    Also Animal Crossing
    I love all three of them ;w;

7. Nova Ozuka

Nova Ozuka Hex Maniac

Joy
    (Togepi)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.3
    I first tried Zelda games after playing Smash, though I never really got into it after Brawl. I've played through Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, I'm borrowing Skyward Sword from a friend, and I also have the first game for the NES, Twilight Princess for Wii, both Oracle on my 3DS along with Four Sword Anniversary Edition, Hyrule Warriors and Legends, and Triforce Heroes. I also got a chance to play Breath of the Wild when a friend brought a Switch to my gaming group.

I've been dabbling in Animal Crossing since I tried City Folk at a friend's house.

8. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    @Hraesvelgr I'm also a fan of MH (..if my avatar, which needs a change, didn't point that out already). I'm still pretty new to it, with only 4U and Generations on the 3DS, though.

One of my favorites is Spyro, as in, the original trilogy and the Legend of Spyro trilogy.

9. Captain Comet

Captain Comet Fallen Star Baby

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,549.0
    Basic Gary Oak ★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Jaw Fossil ★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I'm a big fan of a lot of franchises (mostly Nintendo), but the one I would have to pick would probably be the Mario & Luigi series (though that's not really a franchise itself). Bowser's Inside Story was the first one I played and is still one of my favorite games to date. I also have a bit of a story with it; I first got it somewhere around the holidays and played it a lot over that winter break. But, on the last day I had off from school, I ended up breaking my DS as I was in the middle of the boss fight with the Wiggler. I went probably about two years without a DS or anything until I bought a 2DS on another winter break, to which I immediately started playing the game again. And now I always am reminded when I replay the game when I get to that battle "Hey, this is where that two year gap was!"

I also do have fond memories of Super Smash Bros. Brawl, as that is essentially the game that got me into video games. And I still love that franchise to death (even though they pitched the story mode from Brawl...)

10. Nova Ozuka

Nova Ozuka Hex Maniac

Joy
    (Togepi)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.3
    I actually got a DS lite around the same time I got BIS after my other two got damaged. I also have Partners in Time, and then I had Dream Team until I lost it, and I have Paper Jam on my 3DS.

11. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,937.8
    Besides Pokémon:

--Super Mario Bros.
    --The Legend of Zelda
    --Final Fantasy
    --Dragon Quest
    --and many more!

12. kindred

kindred Collector

friend
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽205.8
    Besides Pokémon?
    Sonic the Hedgehog
    Kirby

been playing those two franchises for as long as i can remember. probably been playing sonic for longer than Pokémon to be honest haha. also been playing kirby for a long while too but i haven't played as many games in the franchise as i have for Pokémon or sonic. still enjoy it a lot though!

13. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Golden Sun, Ace Attorney, and Etrian Odyssey, in descending order - those are franchises that all hold a special place for me, as I find the games perennially beautiful and entertaining. Now that I've also found out about Ghost Trick, I fold that into the AA franchise because it's made by the same person, and is made in much the same style (and humour).

For the former two, I make it a point to replay through the games on a regular basis. For the last one, that's harder to do because the games are so large and extensive, so instead, I savour the experience as I go, and consider the replays later - since it's more about the journey and the memories than anything else, at least for me. Also, the characters, music, and environments are all very pretty.

14. Nova Ozuka

Nova Ozuka Hex Maniac

Joy
    (Togepi)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.3
    I was introduced to Sonic by the old cartoons when I was a little kid. As for Kirby, well I was hooked on the franchise because of how he played in Smash 64. Not long after, I got my hands on a copy of Kirby and the Crystal Shards. I could be wrong about which game introduced me to the franchise, but either way, it was 64 game that introduced me to him. I just got Planet Robobot today from the eshop.

As for Golden Sun, I was first introduced by Dark Dawn, which a friend had let me play a little. Those three RPGs were fun.

15. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Gah.. hard to choose. Pokémon aside, I also really adore Animal Crossing and it's one of my favorite types of games. Relaxing without any competitive aspect (that can stress me out) and I can customize my look, collect items, and converse with cute animals. Hard to go wrong there, especially for someone who is a casual gamer nowadays like me.

aaand I know you said to pick one but I also love Harvest Moon for similar reasons and feel it deserves a mention. ♡ Nice to play at my own pace and in easygoing game environments that don't force you to spend six hours grinding lol.

AeroHail likes this.
  16. Geroniny

Geroniny The Spacecraft Of Miracle

Azure
    (Kyogre)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽771.9
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Blue Orb ★★★★★Charizardite X ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    Beside Pokémon,I Like Kingdom Hearts,Fire Emblem,Sonic,Kirby And Yoshi.
    (But In My Imagination Universal,Kirby And Yoshi Is Replace By Another Trending Games Of Last Time,Angry Birds.Up To 5 World Of My Imagination Universal Are From A Video Game Franchise.

17. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    I've really been wanting to get into Harvest Moon! Do you have any recommendations as to a good one to start with?

18. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    It's funny you mention that. I think Dark Dawn is actually the entry point for a fair amount of people into the series now, given its 2010 release date (as opposed to 2001/2003 for the first two). I started playing the series in 2005, so I managed to go in order - and was hype for a third game long before it was ever announced. (I'm pretty sure after I finished the 2nd game I waited for the 3rd one - and now I'm waiting for a 4th one, which may never happen, but I can dream.)

How'd you pick up copies of the other two games, if I may ask? Both of them are on the Wii U Virtual Console, so they thankfully aren't hard to find anymore.

19. DiancieIsBae

Merio12
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽187.0
    Yache Berry ★★Amulet Coin ★★★Skull Fossil ★★★
    I always thought Zelda was my favorite video game franchise. Now I'm not so sure. Definitely is still one of my favorites, alongside Metroid, Luigi's Mansion (which became a series thanks to Dark Moon), Pokémon, MegaMan, and Mother/EarthBound.

20. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    I can't choose just one. Mario, Zelda, Kingdom Hearts, Dynasty Warriors Gundam... there's so many to choose from. ;_;