1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

What is your favourite Gen?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by 13charlotte, Apr 8, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThatPsychoticPichu

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    I love all the gens (somewhat), but my most favorite has to be gen 1 with 2 close behind it. Gen 1 is what started Pokémon after all, and I really love the Kanto Region. The designs of the Pokémon aren't overdone, which is why I love them. The trainer designs are perfect (imo) the gym leaders were amazing, the plot was great and the feel of the game is just perfect. Second gen comes close because it features Kanto, and because the trainer designs are pretty good <3

2. Almandine-G

Almandine-G All Men Are Equal

Eggu-Sama
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽25.4
    I've always loved each gen, but Gen 5 is up there at the top. The games were massively entertaining, and contained a whole assortment of really awesome mons. I'd say Gen 6 is close seconds, because the games did make some agreeable changes to the gameplay to balance it our (and the fairy typing!)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. FallenVanguard

FallenVanguard School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    This has always been so tricky for me to answer, so I'll cheat answer it in parts...sort of.

My favourite REGION is Sinnoh. It's mountainous, forested, cold, and awesome. It sort of reminds me of home just based on those traits to boot.

My favourite GAMES are Black and White. Best story, nice twists towards the end, and the fact that there were 0 of the 494 Pokémon from previous gens really made me appreciate those Gen V Pokémon even though I disliked most of them at first. It also started my trend of only using Pokémon from that generation in playthroughs (Only Gen III Pokémon in ORAS, for example).

My favourite introduction of new Pokémon goes to Gen II. By "introduction of new Pokémon", I mean list of generation specific Pokémon. Er, that's not quite the best explanation...Gen II has my favourite Pokémon that originated from that generation. Like, the most. Scizor, Kingdra, Houndoom, Misdreavus, Sneasel, Donphan, Ampharos, Hitmontop...so many awesome Pokémon came from Gen II. I hope you understand what I mean by this lol, because I'm struggling to put it into words. Gen IV comes close, too. A lot of my faves are Gen IV Pokémon.

My favourite Generation overall , though? Generation I. I'm not a genwunner, I'm not even saying it was the best generation, but I'm not sure I would be the pokefan I am today if I hadn't started from the beginning, back in the days of crazy Pokémon hype or "Pokemania". It never really faded for me tbh, and no matter what I owe that to Gen I.

See? This is a tough question for me to answer. The straight answer is Gen I, but I feel the question "favourite Generation" can be sort of broad, so I wanted to answer on all fronts.

4. Fear

Fear â—Š Galactic Glitches â—Š

PokéPoints:
    ₽34.1
    Obviously, SS/HG. I love the graphics, the Pokémon that follows you, the random gym leaders.. I mean, who Doesn't love SSHG?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. CountessGardevoir

PokéPoints:
    ₽350.5
    A tie bewteen 4 and 5, both for nostalgic reasons and for the kick-ass soundtrack

6. Kibbeh

Kibbeh ☆ Star Warrior ☆

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.4
    My favorite generation is gen 6. It's not for the main attraction, Pokémon X and Y, though. The main reasons I love gen 6 are...
    1. They experimented with different types of things. (i.e. In-Game-Stores, a Pokémon art game, etc) The experiments worked, and were pretty good!
    2. Pokémon Rumble World is a blast to play!
    3. Pokémon ORAS was an amazing remake, and my favorite Pokémon game so far. :)

7. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    Gen V's sprites are amazing, but I have to say Gen VI because of ORAS haha.

8. KianaKaycie

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    Hmm tough one..gen 4 platinum was so awesome to me (love the distortion world <3) and I loved many of the Pokémon from it ( piplup, staraptor, luxray, roserade, buizel, cherrim, drifblim, garchomp, lucario, abomasnow, mamoswine, leafeon, glaceon, rotom, dialga, darkrai, and giratina). However I loved loved loved gen 5's story line, but was disappointed to never know how the original dragon looked. I might get a bad rap for saying this but gen six IMO wasn't as great as people said it was minus the end of ORAS. Only 72 new Pokémon, one that's a..keychain..and spritzy the ummm... However I am a huge fan of froakie's line, talinflame, diancie, xerneas, yveltal, and even zygarde (one of the legendaries I predicted a bit). I used to love megas but now idk they seem a bit cheap to me, at least some of them (looking at you, rayquaza).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.