1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

what kind of gamer are you?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Halcyon Storm, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    Are you easily aggravated when you're gaming, or are you more the chill, laid-back type? Do you enjoy the competitive side of games, or are you just a casual player? Do you want to be the very best, or is "about decent" enough for you?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    im a super chill gamer. It stresses me out if I get too competitive.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I'm also a chill player since people that are super competitive gets on my nerves a lot, and when I lose to those types of people, I go, "ok, I lost, I'll just try to do better next time."

Absolute Zero likes this.
  4. Barandofl

Barandofl The eyeless user

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    I find this question funny, since me and my brother are polar opposites. My brother tends to take video games a bit to serious, screaming when he's frustrated, and shouting and bosting his ego whenever he wins. He likes to play competitive, but it only makes him more frustrated. I, on the other hand, Just like to play vidoegames casually. I don't play competitive, and just want to be decent at the game.

5. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I tend to be more laid back and casual, but I do like to try being as good at a game as I can be just because it's easier to progress that way. I'm mostly into games for the stories. A game without a good story just seems like a pointless time waster, although I do like games like that occasionally.

6. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I'm a super chill, casual gamer. There are times where I tend to challenge myself with hard games, but I won't get too angry over them if I die a thousand times (*glances over at Celeste), because I know they're supposed to be hard and the game expects me to die many times before I start getting the hang of it (Please don't bother mentioning Dark Souls. My brother is always telling me to get the remaster for Switch when it releases).

That said, I'm the type of gamer that won't stop playing a good, engaging game until it's at the very least finished with the story. Though, there are times where I'm in it very early on and the game either gets too complicated and/or too boring. Then I won't finish it.

As for time-waster games, I do tend to play Minecraft on occasion, mostly to give some rough shape to a building I'm drawing. But I will get bored of mobile games eventually.

7. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    I'm an extremely casual gamer. I'm not all the competitive so I'm not really into the competitive scene of things. I don't rage quit or anything. I just play games to have fun, really.

8. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    There needs to be more people like you in the world. The nerd rage does nothing, but dedicating yourself to improving is definitely a good thing.

I have a similar approach: When I start losing, I decide that I need to get better. If I get frustrated, I put down the controller and do something else, anything else. And when I win? I try to encourage the person I beat by telling them they're getting better, without boating for myself. It gets hard sometimes, and I'll feel like I'm being patronizing if give the same encouragement every time, or if I too obviously try to handicap myself. Like, when I start to play a game with one hand literally behind my back, it probably means I'm getting tired of you losing so much and am tired of not being able to flex.

On that note, that's another type of gamer I am: a challenge-seeker. I turn the difficulty up as high as I can, I seek the most skilled opponents I can, I try to make it as difficult as possible to push myself to losing, to the desire to improve, and the desire to put down the controller before I get angry so I can temper myself even better.

Laserdragon14 likes this.
  9. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    A very, very casual gamer. I only play games occasionally, and when I do I'm never the type of player to do competitive stuff.

10. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I can sum up my gaming tendencies very simply: I play games to have fun, and I will do what is necessary to make them fun. I play games single-player, so if I compete, I'm doing so against the computer or the game itself. If the game is something I enjoy, whether due to party-building, world-building, lore, music, or any number of other things, I'll be more inclined to play it again. Weirdly, I usually am not in the habit of replaying games outside of visual novels; I tend to just make 1 file and keep building up from it. (This isn't the case in games with multiple save files but I only own 1 or 2 of those.)

Gaming is about having fun for me, and if I'm not having fun, then I'm not playing - or I play such that I can get myself to have fun, by changing the environment how I need to.

11. Reckless

Reckless Won't take the easy road

PokéPoints:
    ₽666.6
    Try to be chill, until I'm not, and then I turn into a cursing mess. Only tends to happen with Overwatch, which may not come as any surprise to those who like me have invested nearly 350+ hours of play time into the game. With other games, since I only have myself to blame, I'd barely make a sound except maybe to react to whatever bit of storytelling is going on in-game.

12. Tepig

Tepig The Talking Tepig

Fire Nation
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽595.9
    Assault Vest ★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★
    I seem to have a split personality when it comes to this. If I'm playing with buddies or just playing casual gamemodes (like Quickplay on Overwatch) I just relax, have fun and meybe get an achievement or two. But if I play a competitive gamemode, I suddenly get Army General amounts of seriousness. When I am like that, you may want to stay back.

13. SawstheSawsbuck

SawstheSawsbuck Sir Sawsbuck

Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽560.5
    Master BallLegendary Triforce ★★
    a casual gamer since I have no skill but I often rage lol

14. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    I tend to stay chill, however I will admit I used to rage A LOT. I have nearly damaged keyboards, controllers, and have torn up stuff nearby. I've gotten better however, and if a game starts to irk me I stop playing- either for a while or for good. Nobody needs stress like that over some pixels/polygons!
    I used to be a heavy gamer- almost addictive/obsessive- but I consider myself casual now. I tend to just play to complete, however there are some games I go about 100+%-ing (such as Spyro or Alice: Madness Returns).

15. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,008.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I'm a fifthly casual

I tend to be pretty chill, sure I can still get mad when the game pulls too much BS but generally I'm just chilling along while playing.

16. SawstheSawsbuck

SawstheSawsbuck Sir Sawsbuck

Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽560.5
    Master BallLegendary Triforce ★★
    I've actually broken things unfortunately

17. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    I'm also pretty chill most of the time (because if I try to be a competitive gamer I won't have any time left to do anything else). I don't play a lot of competitive games though, so most of the time I just play until I complete the game. I do beat my head against the wall occasionally though if I'm struggling through sections.

18. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Philosopher's CowlReaper Cloth ★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Great Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Me as a gamer is like pulling a prize out of a hat, my mood flips quickly. For SP and some MP games I can be laid back, but for more comp MP's I'm a mix between laid back and easily angered. (Thank you temper), honestly because of this I rarely speak to anyone online because I don't know how I'm going to react that day.

19. Thundawave

Mythical Egg
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽132.8
    I'm more on the casual side. If I had all the time in the world then maybe I'd try to be better than decent, but for now just being okay at a game is fine for me. Usually I stay chill, but of course there are those rage moments every now and then where you almost win something or die just before the end or because of bad luck.

20. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    I try not to be too competitive. It's really unnecessary and grates me whenever I do something stupid that causes me to embarrass myself in a competitive environment.

Other than that, I'm a pretty casual gamer.