1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

what kind of gamer are you?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Halcyon Storm, Mar 18, 2018.

1. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    I'm a very laid back and chill. I almost never get angry when I die or fail at a game. I also am a casual. I play for fun not for glory. That being said, I still hate to lose, and will do anything in my power to prevent it. Often, I'm the last one alive because I avoid situations that put me in a position to lose. This often dictates my play style, for example, I'll play a medic so I won't be on the front. I'm even close to competitive, but due to my designer to prevent myself from losing, I'm slightly above average.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Fable_PH

Fable_PH Pixels and Paints

Sketch
    (Flygon)
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽307.1
    What kind of gamer am I? A bad one :P

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Dwlr

Dwlr Banned

Odd Egg (S)
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽14.3
    Blue Orb ★★★★★
    I used to attend live tournaments, but people are more or less obnoxious so it's not like I ever spoke to anybody there with the easy advent of online built into the more recent consoles (yeah I'm old to remember pre-online gaming) I still avoid people like the plague, but going further I tend to stay out of pvp unless the game is particularly attractive to me for some reason or another more or less because I don't want to deal with people than I don't like the competitive aspect.

4. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    I'm typically pretty chill, but when I start playing Smash I can't help but get really into it - I get super-excited when I'm landing my hits (esp. Zelda's Lightning Kick aerials, since they're so hard to hit) but get frustrated when I'm getting my backside handed to me. T_T

Also get frustrated when I get RNG-screwed. *glares at Fire Emblem*

5. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I'm a filthy casual when it comes to most games. I just play for the fun of it, goofing around more often than not to ser if I can die in a ridiculous fashion.

Unless it's Smash Bros or Pokémon. Then it's war. :fuming:

FireSpartan5 likes this.
  6. U44151

U44151 Sailor

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽196.0
    depends on the game tbh
    have been aggravated quite a bit while playing fifa and LoL not gonna lie

7. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    I'm more of a "casual" Gamer. I play to see the story, to have fun, and to play around in the game. I don't care about competing with anyone other than myself. It's okay to have some bragging rights, but the game and the fun from it are why I play.

8. Squirtle Hermit

Eggbert
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽21.7
    I really enjoy laid-back games, but for some reason I can't play anything for too long if it isn't multiplayer. Competitive games, besides competitive Pokémon, give me too much anxiety and I've never been great at games anyway so....

9. Poffin

Poffin King of Destruction

Alolan Meowth
    (Alolan Meowth)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,384.2
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I'm very casual these days... I play less games overall and at a slower rate than when I was younger... Life and work really takes it out of ya. T_T
    I'm not competitive in any capacity anymore because getting good at a game takes a lot of time and effort, though that doesn't mean I can't get salty still if on a losing streak in multiplayer games. xD If I try to be better it's usually for friends in games where you team up. I certainly know I'll never be godlike though. Just beating games in general is an accomplishment for me nowadays and I ain't no completionist or trophy/achievement hunter.

10. decentlp

decentlp School Kid

(Vulpix)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽88.4
    Think you can classify me as a decent gamer ( hence the nickname) I am semi casual when it comes to things like competitive and stuff. I always strive to be the best in what I play but you know.. can't win everything and can't be good at everything. Rarely happens that I would rage at a game let alone rage quit. This is probably the reason people like gaming with me ^^

11. Pory-ZPlayz

Pory-ZPlayz Your Friendly Neighborhood Glitch

Iceon
    (Eevee (S))
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽158.5
    Exp. Share ★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Probably, i'm a casual gamer.

12. ninJAS

ninJAS Proud new daddy!

O_O
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11.8
    Ultra Ball
    All depends what type of game it is, if I'm playing with friends, or if people are trolling me while I play >.>

Pokémon and games like Fire Emblem for instance I am laid back and chill. I use whatever Pokémon/characters I want and level them up at my own pace.

If i'm playing with friends I get more competitive but am still pretty chill all together. As long as we are all having fun that's all that matters :) plus when someone epic fails or does something silly with friends it makes the experience x100 better xP

Now if I'm getting trolled I can get upset pretty quickly...I think that goes for pretty much anyone though.

13. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    I’m a little of both.

More often than not, I play video games to be immersed and entertained. If I play multiplayer on anything, I’ll try my best, but not get too aggravated when I lose. I do take improving at games seriously though. Whether that’s increasing the difficulty or putting self imposed rules on myself, I like to feel like I’m improving. Even getting a slightly higher score on a rhythm game makes me satisfied.

14. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,927.3
    I'm not a competitive person. At all. I tend to get extremely frustrated whenever a game tries to force me to do competitive stuff. Which is why, for example, I hate Dissidia Final Fantasy NT. The game's story mode, the part I actually wanted to play, is locked behind the online multiplayer in the stupidest way possible. I'm far more of a casual gamer and I like to play by myself. I do like somewhat of a challenge from time to time but only to a certain extent. I've also found that I've been growing less and less interested in turn-based RPGs and the like, as I just don't really have the patience for them any more and they tend to get really monotonous. I prefer platformers and adventure games, which tend to have a much better flow to them.

15. Infernostar

Infernopaw
    (Quilava)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,915.4
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I am the type of person who, when playing games, is very stubborn. If I hit a roadblock, I will bang my head against that wall until either the wall breaks, or I do. I am also very competitive, hence why I built a youtube channel dedicated to seeing who is fastest at playing through games.

16. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,279.6
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I have grown out of my competitive phase. When I do play multiplayer games I just want to make good plays, win or lose.

17. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I'm completely laid back. I may roll my eyes and complain when my luck turns, but I'm just as likely to laugh at my own misfortune or stupid mistake. I just like playing for the fun of it, though I am quite pleased with myself when I get lucky and manage to beat my brother in Smash (he's a lot better at the game than I am, and a lot more intense about it).

18. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,397.0
    I'm competitive with a small amount of games, namely Mario Kart Wii. Other than the select group, I'm what you'd call a "power gamer", meaning I play through games pretty fast. I'm not super intense when playing all but a few games and tend to simply enjoy the relaxing nature of certain series (hence why I'm loving the DQXI demo).

19. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,111.9
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I’m a casual who pretends to be competitive (or at least with Smash Bros)

20. Sethal

Sethal Vibing to OST

Aurile
    (Alolan Vulpix)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,428.1
    Comet Shard ★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    Depends completely on the game. Sometimes I'm a Completionist, sometimes I play competitive (and suck by doing so), and sometimes I just play for the story. Though I'm trying more and more of my games 100%, so yeah.