1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

What kind of Pokeballs do you prefer? Quantity or Quality?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Catcher' started by Bubbles, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Nyanja

Nyanja › The fairy king ›

BEN!
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽217.4
    Crown of Valor
    As you can see I'm a very poor lady so I have no choice but to purchase Pokeballs but it's okay. You can catch many things with a Pokéball including legendaries!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    I prefer Quantity!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I go all out on Pokeballs, not so much on quality since it just is so much PP if I need to throw a lot.

4. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I usually stock up on regular PokeBalls, because I'm cheap and I'm trying to make sure I have enough PP for my Aero art order when it comes lol

5. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    I kinda had the same experience but with Chansey when the catcher was released. That's why I always make sure I have back up great and ultra balls because I don't want to run out of regular Pokeballs attempting to get a rare mon. xD

6. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    Quality does matter. But for me, the quantity is the one.

7. Anubis the Lucario

Robert
    (Nidorino)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽44.7
    Crown of Valor
    Just depends on what I can afford, honestly

8. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I've decided to invest in quality over quantity. Standard PokeBalls just aren't cutting it for me anymore, especially when I'm running into Aerodactyls and Electabuzzs all the time.

9. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,971.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    When I used all my regular and great balls I just didn't buy any more of them since I have like 45 ultra balls, they're better anyway for catching so I'm in the quality box.

10. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    I actually like Ultraballs cause of their capture rate!

11. Chan

Chan Camper

Legendary Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽28.1
    In the Pokémon games, I prefer quantity and Quick Balls, they are my life. I caught a Giratina with a Quick Ball xD

12. DeleteAbsol

DeleteAbsol Absol-utely Bad

Pichu
    (Pichu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20.9
    Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    I actually prefer quantity over quality unless I am aiming for something special, I love using luxury balls in those cases.

13. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Quick Balls and Luxury Balls don't exist in the Catcher. This is not the thread for that.

14. Sethal

Sethal Vibing to OST

Aurile
    (Alolan Vulpix)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,428.1
    Comet Shard ★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    I prefer quantity, because I think it's actually smarter to throw 130 Pokeballs on a Pokémon than only 13 Hyperballs.
    And I'm too poor for higher quality Pokeballs.

Arctiquaza likes this.
  15. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Quality over quantity for me. I'd rather buy 6 Ultra balls than 80 regular pokeballs.

16. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Imma be saving up for a 2nd master ball, so quality all the way. Its getting frustrating ti have moms break out of 7 ultras and still run away.

17. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    Quantity! I feel like it's economically wiser to spend on Pokeballs than on Great and Ultra Balls because if you burn through 30 Great or Ultra Balls on a Legendary you just wasted a hundred and then some PP while 30 Pokeballs is chump change and one of them might actually work.

18. Smarty_Pants001

Eevee
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽780.4
    Definitely quantity. I'm not quite sure what multipliers are on LV, but I'm going to assume that great balls are a 1.5x multiplier and ultra balls are a 2x multiplier, like in the games. Buying 5 pokéballs as opposed to one ultra ball is economically wiser, since you now have five chances instead of two. Plus, it allows for capturing more of the pokémon that just go in a pokéball and stay.

19. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    At first, I went with quality but now I go for quantity cause I've bought 40 pokeballs vs buying like 6 ultra balls, I mean do the math there and you'll see that you've got a bigger chance of catching something with the 40 pokeballs than with the 6 ultra balls

20. Arctiquaza

Arctiquaza Never quite gone

Honor
    (Gallade)
    Level 32
    PokéPoints:
    ₽934.0
    Sail Fossil ★★★
    Same boi, same