1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

What kinda shoes do you guys prefer?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Vigilance, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    So I remember start of high school when the only thing I'd wear was running shoes. And it bright colors too, yuck! Now I wear more boat shoes as they go well with khakis and jeans.

What about you guys?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Furie

Furie Black Belt

Slagros
    (Umbreon)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽60.9
    I love Vans and Converse but since I can't wear them for work, I usually end up wearing heels, dressy flats, or dressy boots. I've yet to find dressy shoes I find comfortable so if anyone has suggestions I'm happy to hear them!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    sneakers here, nothing too fancy for me because they hurt my feet :c

4. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    I like to wear Converse whenever possible. In hot weather though I wear sandals or thongs (flip flops lol).

5. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I lowkey have been wearing the same model of running shoe for the past... five years I think? It's just super duper comfortable for me so whenever I see them on sale I make sure to grab a pair XD I don't care for vans too much though because I have a considerable arch in the middle of my foot, and Vans are too flat >_>

6. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I prefer sneakers or sandals, I really need to get more comfy shoes though since both my sneakers and sandals are just sad and dense.

7. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I second this. Being extremely flat-footed, there are a lot of shoe types I can't really wear comfortably - a shoe with a sole that has even a slight arch will cause me great pain, so I have to use orthotic insoles at all times.

8. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    It doesn't matter to me, as long as my shoes have rockets installed in them.

I always wear close-toed shoes, beside on the beach. I feel vulnerable, exposed, and middle-aged in sandals. Right now I have Sperries because I'm in Thailand and you take your shoes off before going in a lot of places. Slip on/slip off and they're comfortable.

Vigilance likes this.
  9. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Like Eclipse (though probably not to his extent) I have flat feet, so most shoes cause me pain, but I try to endure it and be on them as little as possible. I do bear some variety in my footwear, though - tennis shoes for normal, everyday wear, black Vans for church, flip-flop Crocs for relaxing around the room or dorm.

... Though I'll likely need to replace the tennis shoes soon, as the soles are almost worn down flat... it's shocking that I never slipped on any wet surfaces when I was working this past summer, as they were NOT suitable for kitchen-work. :sweat:

10. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Boots! They’re my favorite! And my work let’s me wear any kind of closed toed shoe which makes it even better

11. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    I mostly wear running shoes, but I also like to wear flip flops, platforms, flats, and on the rare occasion heels.

I feel like my feet are pretty tough from running so I don't generally get discomfort from just wearing shoes alone lol.

12. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    I usually wear stupidly obnoxious Vans during hotter times of the year, and my favorite black boots during the colder parts.

Open toed shoes are a definite no over here. I don't like my toes exposed to the world and my feet are always cold anyway.

13. Owly

Owly Friend of the Eco, Foe of the System

Torako
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,981.7
    I love boots, I have these nice semi-waterproof ones that I wear all the time. I don't mind other shoes - I'll wear Nikes for gym or sports - but those boots probably take the cake for me. I've been known to wear Mary Jane-esque shoes in the past, though.

14. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    Ever had these?
    [​IMG]
    Closest thing to rockets.

I'd like some Vans or Converses though. They're pretty stylish. I've never really paid attention to the arch of my foot. Something to consider, indeed.

15. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    I prefer slip on shoes. I never liked ting shoes so I just like shoes I can slip on (even shoes I tie once and then just slip on for the rest of the shoes life) usually these are running shoes for no particular reason other than I like the color blue. Also I have the flattest feet possible and have to wear the largest insoles all the time.

16. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    Most of the time I wear sneakers. Nike specifically. I'll also wear newer pairs as "inside" shoes to break them in before starting to wear them outside. Same with some indoor slippers. They're a godsend when you live in a house with a tile floor.

During the winter times or when I go hiking/camping, I have some boots.

17. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    *does some flash research on what my shoe is called, but typing 'what is the thin fabric shoes called' comes up with this*
    upload_2017-12-2_19-23-57.png

A Gentlemen's Guide to Shoe Terms I Need To Know is clearly vital.
    I really hate heavy shoes with stiff sides and thick soles. They just feel restrictive and clumsy. My preference is the ultra-thin type where the sole is almost entirely grip (the kinds where you can bend the entire shoe in half). And I will admit that I cannot seem to tie shoelaces in a way that they don't come undone in ten minutes, so I either wear Velcro or knot the laces back through themselves so many times that they becomes unable to be untangled.
    I don't like boots. I will go to extreme lengths to avoid wearing them. Cold toes are worth it.
    I do not wear sandals.
    #MissingNo

18. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Mostly just gym/tennis shoes for me. They're more comfortable than most other kinds. I prefer to wear boots in the winter though because they're warm and they help with walking on ice.

19. JellyBunnyBeans!

JellyBunnyBeans! PKMN Breeder

Cuti
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.3
    Heeled ankle boots. They're so cute and comfortable

20. Hikari

Hikari Poké Maniac

Ryu
    (Trapinch)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽450.7
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I always wear tennis shoes. They’re comfortable and good for when you find yourself walking a lot. Not very likely your feet will hurt.