1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

What makes a good friend?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ShadowBrute, Aug 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShadowBrute

ShadowBrute

PokéPoints:
    ₽0.0
    To me, a good friend is someone who is loyal and won't back stab you. Someone who is nice and cares about you. Someone who says positive things to you and sticks with you till the end. Someone who has similar interests to you.

What do you see in a good friend?

2. Pixil

Pixil Pokémon Professor

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.7
    I can handle friends who have a bite to them, but I'd say as long as they're there for you in a pinch, sounds like a friend to me. I've had "friends" who said nice things, seemed to care, but when it came down to it they flat out showed they actually didn't give a crap about me. But as long as I know they care deep down, and they don't continuously hurt me or anything, I'll consider them a friend. :3

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Doomhound

Doomhound
    (Houndour)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽77.7
    Being someone who can listen is a key to a good friend. If they aren't willing to hear you out, and give you their time to pay attention to you, they probably don't deserve to be around you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 31
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,767.0
    Someone who will stick by you through thick and thin, and help you if you need help.

5. DarkLightKnight

DarkLightKnight Dragon Tamer

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.4
    Someone who will pick you up when you fall, who will help you with whatever, and listen to what you have to say.

6. Oim

Oim Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    Someone who will stay loyal where it counts, but also speak their mind and be honest with you. I don't find a person being somebody who will support anything you say regardless of their own feelings just because they are your friend to be a very admirable trait.

7. Banshee

Banshee Pokémon Professor

Gregg the Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽62.1
    Someone who is really, always there for you. I like the humorous, but even if they aren't, they could do something that would still make you smile. I especially like the ones you can trust and who will also talk to you when something they see, is bothering them. Or even if they have an idea of how they can help, they throw ideas at you, giving you more options.

8. Cobalt

Cobalt I'M A HURRICANE

PokéPoints:
    ₽64.6
    Someone who can listen to your problems and try to understand. Someone who cares for you, deep inside. Someone who is willing to help you out. Someone who can find answers to your questions, or at least help you. Someone who shares similar interests. Someone who is kind and joking to you.

That is someone who I would call a friend.

9. Shadow Blaze

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    For me it's a lot easier to tell you what a friend isn't. Obviously, they're not the people who want to try and sucker you into getting in trouble, and they're not the people who would trip you as a sacrifice for the bear just to save themselves.

So, I guess a friend would just be the reverse of that. Someone who's there for you, and helps you out in any kind of rough situation. People who actually care about your well-being, not just those people who you occasionally joke around with. Those are more or less acquaintances.

10. Ashe

Ashe Silly

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.3
    Someone who you have fun with and share similar interests.
    Someone that you enjoy talking to, not just the average "how are you" thing.
    If you ask them for their opinion on something, they will tell you honestly.
    They'll go out of their way to do things for you when it really matters. (bdays, emergencies, etc)
    if you needed someone to vent to, they would listen, give feedback, and not tell other people.

11. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Some one who won't judge you based on your life choices.
    Some one who you can poke fun at you, with you, but never behind your back.

12. Agent Shade

Agent Shade Hex Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    Someone who doesn't ditch you for some people who only like them because they're into the same TV show as them.

That sentence was based on a true story, sadly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.