1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

What other websites do you go on?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Sheep, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    As amazing as Lake Valor is, most of us don't spend our entire online time here. What other websites do you find yourself frequenting? =) Obviously let's stay within the rules and not advertise, but I'd like to know where else you guys go when on the internet! Do you watch YT videos? Post on Twitter? Lurk Imgur? Let us know!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. kindred

kindred Collector

friend
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽205.8
    i go on quite a bit, mostly forums. i also go on a lot of social media, especially facebook and tumblr. sometimes twitter and instagram. i also go on like 4 other forums or something all in different fandoms or interests.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    If I'm not on LV I'm usually watching YouTube and lurking on Serebii to talk to my British friend that frequents the site like crazy. I also use Discord everyday to chat with people.

4. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,884.6
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I use youtube frequrently, and I always have DeviantArt up, though I focus mainly on my notifications and watches rather than scrolling the general art. It's dangerous out there after all. The other site I use a lot, though I don't think of it because of the app, is Pinterest. I waste too much time scrolling through Pokémon and other nerd stuff, bad jokes, and outdated memes.

5. ClefairyKid

ClefairyKid (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Psychium Z ★★★★Poké Doll ★★Waterium Z ★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★
    Hah... ah... I used to be on Gaiaonline for years, but no at the moment, considering the massive inflation and the premium currency needed to get new pretties. I keep it for occasional dress up fun with my nice inventory but otherwise I find the forums toxic, the moderation poor and the money aspect too much and too addictive.

I go through phases of using BellTreeForums quite a bit, whenever I'm playing Animal Crossing, it's really nice place for finding specific items that I need and doing easy trades (very important when I want to finish the whole catalogue).

Uh I used to practically live and breath deviantart back in the day but these days I don't make art too often because I'm doing thesis work and I don't have enough oomf left for both. I still peek back into it semi regularly though so it'll become a thing again when I can get that making/writing balance back. At my peak I was the gallery moderator of pixel art and posting something pretty much every day, loved badge collecting and profile customising etc, so it still has a lot I like (unless they do a huge rehaul which might happen, I don't know if I'll like it quite as much at that point).

I also like to visit serebii and ushi no tane for info on Pokémon and Harvest Moon series, Ushi is probably the best Harvest Moon resource I know of, and I especially like how they have these really nicely decorated sections for most of the major entries in the series (and considering the increasing number of hidden game mechanics in that series it's really needed). They have forums too but I tend to forget to go in them XD

I also obviously spent time on FB, but only because I hate phone calls and therefore I try to get all organisation done that way instead. And I like to go on Wusoup.com too, it's basically a chat site but for friend to friend instead of relationship based, and they do a pretty reasonable job of keeping the weirdos out. I like the karma system it scores you for trying to have conversations with others and that's something I need to work on so :'D

Heck, I thought there would be a lot more sites than this but I guess I just really spend most of my time on google docs working on assignments or making game item checklists. I've started to see some youtube finally but I forget it exists for weeks or months at a time XD

6. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    Tumblr and Twitter mostly! I also have groups on discord I talk to.

7. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I'm typically the most active on DeviantArt. Though, I also tend to visit YouTube for the sake of mindless entertainment... I'm such a huge procrastinator.

8. Nyanja

Nyanja › The fairy king ›

BEN!
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽217.4
    Crown of Valor
    I'm always on Youtube, tumblr, or on this bran new Roleplay site I've been addicted to for the past few days. which is why I haven't been around much lol.

9. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    Serbia forums, gaia online for trades, some times reddit for again trades, just surfing the net, youtube, netflix, hulu, and of course here. I used to be big on deviant art but I don't do anything there anymore.

10. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    The websites I frequent are few in number - Lake Valor, YouTube, Discord, Google Images, a few wikis to look up information (Yu-Gi-Oh! being the most frequent because I like looking up pictures of the cart artworks), and a few webcomics I read regularly. The wikis are usually just to look stuff up on the fly, and Discord I use essentially because I have to (and no other reason).

I don't like stretching myself too thin if I can help it, so I keep my repertoire slim. It makes browsing easier and more efficient, I find.

11. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I have a few dress up sites that I like to visit and dress up my OC in dresses or see how they look in certain fandoms.

12. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    Some Pokémon RPGs and some forums and some twitter.

13. HeroofFire101

HeroofFire101 Stirlingite

Ember
    (Quilava)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,660.4
    Youtube. Fanfiction.net, Wattpad (not so much because none of the stories I follow are even updated), Archive Of Our Own. I go look up fan fiction sites mostly because I get bored

14. Vigilance

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    I haven't gone on Wattpad in forever but I once read this amazing story on it so I have positive memories.

15. Crest

Crest Hex Maniac

Tirion
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽198.0
    Most of my time is spent flipping between YouTube, Reddit, Tumblr, Furvilla/Flight Rising, Discord, Skype, and other forums. Sometimes I'll open up deviantART for a minute or two, but close it again after checking for new messages.

16. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I definitely know I'm on YouTube a lot in my free time, but other than that that's pretty much it. I spend a lot of my time on LV tbh, so I don't really get on anything else XD

17. Vigilance

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Ahhh I haven't been on YT in forever.

18. Aewynessa

Pidgey
    (Pidgey)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽219.4
    Staff of VerityCrown of ValorBig Nugget ★★★★★
    I spend a good deal of my online life in Youtube and Fanfiction.net. I honestly don't have much of an online presence. I watch a few select Youtuber's videos, and I do Fanfiction.net for, well, fanfiction.

LV's my only forum, and I'm happy to keep it that way.

19. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    Crown of ValorDawn Stone ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    I love to frequent YouTube. That place is a black hole, you can't escape.

I sometimes stalk other forums, and my only social media is my Tumblr. Rarely do I go to Twitter. That place is just a political battlefield nowadays.

20. ConfettiCat

ConfettiCat ( ☞ゝω・)☞

PokéPoints:
    ₽564.8
    Blue Orb ★★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    YouTube, FFN, and AO3 are usually my hangout places when I'm on the web. I open Twitter sometimes just to stalk check up on people.