1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

What pokemon artists didn't give the love it deserves?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Pyrophobic Quilava, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Pyrophobic Quilava

Blader
    (Treecko)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,207.7
    Apologies if something like this was posted before... It is my first post and I'm just getting used with the forum!

So, I've noticed this community likes to express how one Pokémon or another in particular that they hold dear doesn't have enough love by the general fanbase. It is a feeling I can relate because my fanarts usually have some unpopular Pokémon along with popular ones.

I think it is worth a shot as a group effort for we to comment here the Pokémon we think should earn more fanarts and the artists doodle them for fun.

My usual favorites that I'm guilty of not drawing them too are, well, Quilava, Zigzagoon, Venonat, Gardevoir, Dusknoir... There are others, but you know, those are that come to mind right away.

So... what are yours? Any artists willing to draw them as well?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    Dunsparce! I've drawn a few Dunsparce in my time but I'd love to see more art of it by other people.
    Sane was above with the Zygarde forms.

I don't see much art of Lilligant, Golem, Chinchou, Lanturn or Maractus despite their great designs.
    Heck, before I joined LV I hardly saw any art of the Lake Guardians. But now I'm here I see them every day! And have even drawn Azelf a whole bunch!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Pyrophobic Quilava

Blader
    (Treecko)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,207.7
    I have published a golem fanart where is more focused on Sableye this week, I do have a lanturn one made on ink that I'm dying to color.

Really love Lanturn, too bad they usually show up late on the game when I already made my mind on what water or electric type I should use.

I do remember back in... 2014 I guess? There was a lot of japanese artists doing Lake guardians fanart for some reason, then it kinda vanished. This happens with Mew from time to time.

4. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I tend to draw all sorts of different Pokémon, most of which are pretty stylized. Like Sigilyph, for example. As soon as I made one look more bird-like, a majority of my watchers on DA immediately drew attention to it, saying how much they liked it.
    upload_2018-3-23_10-35-41.png
    For me, it's nice to hear people really enjoy how I interpret certain Pokémon in a drawing to make them look more appealing, especially those that don't get a lot of love nowadays. I don't necessarily need to copy Ken Sugimori's artwork, but I still use them as a reference from time to time. So, yeah.

5. Pyrophobic Quilava

Blader
    (Treecko)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,207.7
    That is very neat.

I myself try to stick to the actual Pokémon scale, have some fun with it on this regard, although sometimes I'm like "ok, screw it, i'm not in the mood, this one is just a tall one"

6. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I personally like to draw more animal-like Pokémon and not ones that look like objects, or are a bit more abstract like Sigilyph. I think object-like Pokémon would all end up looking pretty standard if I was to draw them, but I think people would like Vanillite a lot more if more people made fanart of it. Looking past the fact that it's an icecream cone, it's really cute.

7. Pyrophobic Quilava

Blader
    (Treecko)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,207.7
    I'm a fan of Pokémon-like animals too. Personally I like to draw the ones that are simpler and cute. Whenever I do something more complicated I feel like I should go for more realistic shading or an epic-like feel.