1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

What Pokemon convinces you to read a fanfic?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Sonic Ramon, Aug 12, 2017.

?

Choose your playable Pokemon characters from every Smash Bros games!

1. Pikachu

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. Jigglypuff

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Pichu

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  4. Mewtwo

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  5. Squirtle

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Ivysaur

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Charizard

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Lucario

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  9. Greninja

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. Sonic Ramon

PokéPoints:
    ₽10.6
    As the question states, name any Pokémon that normally catches your eye into reading a Pokémon fanfic besides its descriptions or what it's about. I suppose for me would be Lucario or Zoroark because I like those two Pokémon easily due to their well done design and concept. c:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    None really convince me to read a fanfic, it has to be the plot that draws me in over a charactere

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Sonic Ramon likes this.
  3. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    To be honest, I don't really look for a particular Pokémon when reading fanfics. While they are an important part, they're not the basis of whether or not I decide to pick up reading a story or not. I prefer to read something that has well rounded characters, a decent plot and an author that has good grammar.

There's plenty of fanfics out there that feature Lucario and Zoroark that are none of those and I usually lose interest because of that.

Sonic Ramon likes this.
  4. BaroqueGrimoire

BaroqueGrimoire The Aureate Sorcerer

Nouveau
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽308.1
    Blue Orb ★★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    I have no particular preference, honestly.

Well, the Pokémon doesn't make the fanfic, but rather, the other way around, if that makes sense. Although there appears to be a surplus of Lucario-fics around.

Sonic Ramon likes this.
  5. Sonic Ramon

PokéPoints:
    ₽10.6
    Hmm. I can agree to all of these answers, actually. I just felt the need to ask this because I thought for longest time that the only way to attract your fanfic is have a Pokémon that everyone likes the most. And this could even imply to well known trainers like Red as well. Glad to know that I'm wrong. c:
    Thanks for answering this @Baroque Grimoire, @BraviaryScout, and @Cadbberry.

BaroqueGrimoire likes this.
  6. Shayminlover123

Aria
    (Sneasel)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽724.4
    I usually stay away from Pokémon fanfiction specifically, but if I do start reading it if the title/genre of the story catches my interest. Doesn't really matter what Pokémon it is to me.

7. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    Eh, yes and no. I find the best way to get people to read your fanfiction is to have it well written with a believable plot and interesting characters.

Not gonna deny that Lucario in fics are over saturated though, so adding one in might boost viewership. But I won't start reading or searching for reads just because it has a particular Pokémon

Sonic Ramon likes this.
  8. Geroniny

Geroniny The Spacecraft Of Miracle

Azure
    (Kyogre)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽771.9
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Blue Orb ★★★★★Charizardite X ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    None Of The Pokemons,But It Is Pokémon Anime And The Games That Lead Me Or Music Of A Pokémon Fanfic.

A Example Of The Music Of A Pokémon Fanfic Is Here:

9. VictoryStar34

SS Egg #1
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,103.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★
    ANY. I'm interested in any Pokémon fanfics, unless they're R18+. Or stuff like that.

Sonic Ramon likes this.
  10. Wings

Static
    (Shinx)
    Level 100
    PokéPoints:
    ₽677.2
    Pokémon don't really matter to me, character development does. Sometimes though, I'll tend to avoid stories featuring Lucario because I've seen a lot of those, and I feel as if they're slightly overdone.

11. Sonic Ramon

PokéPoints:
    ₽10.6
    Seems like a lot folks that says fanfics involving Lucario in it is overrated and can be bad. Understandable, for the most part.

12. Anubis the Lucario

Robert
    (Nidorino)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽44.7
    Crown of Valor
    It normally doesn't matter to me, but if I have to pick.....Lucario, just cause it's my favorite.

Sonic Ramon likes this.
  13. Sonic Ramon

PokéPoints:
    ₽10.6
    No worries, pal. I like Lucario, too. c:

14. Anubis the Lucario

Robert
    (Nidorino)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽44.7
    Crown of Valor
    WOT U SAY M8

I happen to be the author of two fanfics involving Lucario, and haven't had a bad review from either (other than some snob who I really didn't listen to lol). Don't you dare be hatin' on Lucario. It's popular for a reason....although furries do kind of spoil the party. Ugh.

15. Sonic Ramon

PokéPoints:
    ₽10.6
    Hate to break it to ya though but it is true. Lucario is overrated along with Greninja. And about the furry thing, that's an common thing on the internet. The internet will get its hands on anything and...do something to that thing. So it's not surprising to me, honestly. You might as well get used to it by now because it's lasting till humanity becomes extinct, I guess. And also to mention, not everyone likes Lucario. They'll have a reason to dislike it, even from reasoning such as the internet. I really don't mind people having different opinions than mine. Even if that opinion is silly, which I have a hard time getting accustom to. Because that's how they feel about things. And that's what makes people different. c:

fyi: I do enjoy your fanfic.

Anubis the Lucario likes this.
  16. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    To tell the truth, I'm more interested in the humans than in the Pokémon themselves. Still, I've seen one or two decent Mewtwo fics (though they were SSB fics, not Pokémon fics).

17. Anubis the Lucario

Robert
    (Nidorino)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽44.7
    Crown of Valor
    It's only natural the popular Pokémon get used a lot, which means there's more bad fictions about them. Bad things tend to be more prominent, and that's no different with Lucario

18. Sonic Ramon

PokéPoints:
    ₽10.6
    True. In fact, the main star to my fanfic isn't even a Lucario nor any other overrated mons you'll see in most fanfics. I'm pretty sure you don't see Dragonites as mains that often in any fanfics. I mean, if I wanted to go even lower than that, I'll have a Drampa as the main. Or a Cacnea. Any other mons that hasn't been used as main characters as often, I'll gladly be making them as mains. xD

Anubis the Lucario likes this.
  19. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    To be honest, Pokémon as mains are often not an attraction point to readers. Unless it is a PMD Story, the Pokémon is almost always pushed into the background and the focus lies on the human characters.

20. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    It's not usually the Pokémon, more the idea of what the writer is trying to convey. But I do like the fics about Pokémon who are usually seen as 'bad' and them reflecting on how that came to be. Those are always interesting.
    #MissingNo

Sonic Ramon likes this.